FIFA '08

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest chatterbox

Could anyone tell me how different it is to '07? I'm not sure i want to get it, since all the FIFA games usually have going for them is the licenses. Other than that, PES has the edge on everything in previous versions.

Damn, they've fixed the challenges so you can't just stick a midfielder up front and score with him if the challenge is to score with a midfielder, you actually have to score with someone playing in a midfield position >_>

I'm finding it difficult to score at the moment. In my Manager Mode with Spurs, I managed to score two goals at Old Trafford and then two more at Anfield (both 2-2 draws) and I beat Chelsea 1-0 at home but since then I've gone winless in three, losing two 1-0 and drawing the other 0-0 :@

To further eloborate on my hate of the PS2 version, it's almost like EA have said "Oh, you can't afford a PS3 or an xBox? Sucks tou be you. Have a half arsed game that we've obviously put fuck all effort in to".

Seriously, I want my fucking money back. These cunts at EA should be fucking ashamed of themselves for charging people £30ish for such a piss poor, half arsed excuse for a game.

To further eloborate on my hate of the PS2 version, it's almost like EA have said "Oh, you can't afford a PS3 or an xBox? Sucks tou be you. Have a half arsed game that we've obviously put fuck all effort in to".

Seriously, I want my fucking money back. These cunts at EA should be fucking ashamed of themselves for charging people £30ish for such a piss poor, half arsed excuse for a game.

Ok, so it seems they've put more effort into the other versions...But I've complained in the past how easy Fifa games were...for me at least. And I must say, 08 is pretty hard. It's frustrating...but when they said it'd be harder to score, they were telling the truth. And that's something you don't always get with football games each year. I can't really say how different 08 is to 07, because I can hardly remember 07 due to PES being released 2 weeks after it, so I never played it again.

Any tips on how to score 1on1's? I've tried letting go of sprint, holding sprint, tapping the shoot button, holding it down, holding the accuracy button whilst shooting ...etc - Yet still the keeper plays like a cat. There MUST be a way to score them more frequently surely.

Help please.

When the 'keeper rushes out towards you, if you're far enough from goal try chipping him (LB + Shoot), or playing a flair shot (RB + Shoot) if you're not. I always slow down once I beat the last defender too, it draws the goalie out and usually ensures you don't just run straight into him.

Anyone know how to change captain mid-match?

EDIT: How easy is it to sign player's in manager mode? I signed Agger and Clichy for Newcastle United for a combined 6million.

It's [ ] on PS2. And I've found it reasonably easy to sign players too. That is with Man Utd though.

Just curious as to what control type everyone uses? I personally love manual through balls, they make it easy to rip apart defences when pulled off right, and it always goes to the man you want it to. Everything else I think is semi assisted.

Another question, in the instruction book it says a single tap of X will get you a far post cross, whereas a double tap will get you a near post, yet it also states that a double tap will result in a low cross. Obviously they cant both do the same thing, and so far I haven't noticed a double tap producing anything different to a single tap, can anyone shed some light on this?

Just curious as to what control type everyone uses? I personally love manual through balls, they make it easy to rip apart defences when pulled off right, and it always goes to the man you want it to. Everything else I think is semi assisted.

Another question, in the instruction book it says a single tap of X will get you a far post cross, whereas a double tap will get you a near post, yet it also states that a double tap will result in a low cross. Obviously they cant both do the same thing, and so far I haven't noticed a double tap producing anything different to a single tap, can anyone shed some light on this?

For corssing it's the same as pro evo i believe. A single tap is a high cross, double tap is a medium cross and a triple tap is a low cross. Personally i use the low cross a lot, since i prefer the ball going to the strikers feet and it's generally easier that way.

Yeah I've had that problem too. I had an idea, but I haven't tried it yet, but if you do your transfers, and then save the squad file in the options menu as something different to the default one, then you should be able to load it up each time.

However if you meant you made the transfers during manager mode, then there isn't much you can do.

I just bought the PS2 version.

Basically, it's a shite update of '07

What a fucking waste of money.

Couldn't agree much more.

Played it on the PS2 and it feels and looks exactly the same, just with a few added parts. The manual threw ball is in the middle for me, I don't know if it's good or just shit, maybe it'll just take a while to get used to it. I tap it and it goes nowhere, yet I hold it and it hits a fifty yard through ball. The game itself certainly seems a tad bit harder, but all of the updated games do. It's not terrible or anything, it just that PS2 wise, not a great deal has really changed.

As for Be A Pro, seems pretty good. One of the better additions to the game, although it's hard to always stay onside and know where your player is (Unless it's just the camera view I use), certainly good though.

It's even harder getting used to these through balls after playing PES. You can hold Triangle and L1 on PES and the over the top through ball will still be long...but not the whole length of the pitch. On Fifa you need to let go of Triangle and L1 ASAP...or it will more than likely end up in the stands.

Only played PS3 and 360 versions at work.

I quite liked FIFA 07 (liked it more on PS2 than 360 though) and it was the best of the series.

FIFA 08 isn't much of an improvement though - I prefered the muted colours of last year's PS2. It's kinda cool but it's still to jerky to control - not enough fluidity and I hate it that players have to finish their animations compared to a seemingly more fluid Pro Evo. I loved Pro Evo 6 on PS2 (HATED it on 360) and as this next Pro is out the day after payday I may have to treat myself to a PS3 copy (which is apparantly shaping up to be the best still)...And FULLY LICENCED SPURS TEAM! Huzzah.