Wanted: A cutting edge metal radio station

Gazz

EWB,

It seems gone are the days when I knew about most up and coming metal bands before most other people. Looking at the Download bill, a good portion of those bands I've never heard a note of music by, that every one else seems to rave about!

Since I can't really afford albums at the moment (bloody mortgage) and 'less than legal' methods are frowned upon around here, can anyone recommend some good internet based metal/rock stations.

Don't say Kerrang 105.2 - it might be local, but its shit!

Cheers

My college, the radio station there has a metal show. But it's only on for three hours on Sunday night. In the UK, it'd be Monday morning from 2-5 am. So that doesn't probably help you.

Do you also have satellite radio over in the UK? I listen to most of my metal through XM, but I think that's only North America.

death.fm

The station's called Death.FM. The above is the URL. As can be expected it play death metal, along with grindcore and black and even some doom metal. It's my favourite station. Recommended for those who likes metal in general.

• 2 weeks later...

You could try Pommiradio, the only Finnish metal Internet radio station. If you're not afraid of some drunken Nordic babble every now and then, they play a very wide variety of metal music throughougt the day. Go to www.taajuus.fi, it's the topmost station on the list.