The Sims 2

Fanku Kaibutsu

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just picked up Sims 2 Deluxe last week. (That's the main game and Nightlife)

I'm trying to decide which expansion to get next:

Open For Business

Seasons

Free Time (which comes out at the end of this month)

Any suggestions?

(I'm open to getting one of the others, except the Pets one. I want to hold off on that one for a while)

Yeah, seasons is one of your best bets as it adds a lot to the gameplay features. Seasons, gardening, weather effects(lightning and trees are NOT a good combinaton.)

As for me, I only need Bon Voyage and Free Time. I'm debating on whether I should get them both, get Free Time and wait to get Bon Voyage since I heard it doesn't add a whole lot, or get Bon Voyage and then get Free Time later. It's a fun game though, and I'm glad I picked it up again, especially with my new laptop as I'm able to click medium to high on the graphics options and run it smoothly.

Yeah, seasons is one of your best bets as it adds a lot to the gameplay features. Seasons, gardening, weather effects(lightning and trees are NOT a good combinaton.)

As for me, I only need Bon Voyage and Free Time. I'm debating on whether I should get them both, get Free Time and wait to get Bon Voyage since I heard it doesn't add a whole lot, or get Bon Voyage and then get Free Time later. It's a fun game though, and I'm glad I picked it up again, especially with my new laptop as I'm able to click medium to high on the graphics options and run it smoothly.

Bon Voyage adds a LOT if you're willing to put in a bit of effort and discovery (Y)

Bon Voyage adds a LOT if you're willing to put in a bit of effort and discovery (Y)

If that's the case, then I'll probably end up picking it up sooner than later. I plan on having all of the expansion packs at some point.

Put it this way, it adds Ninjas, the ability to teleport, very helpful relief in relationships that seem to have never ending hatred, Big Foot, Witch Doctors (with Voodoo dolls that are GREAT for relationships), Vacation Homes, tons of new ways to entertain to oneself (other than Freestyling), a lot of relaxing items and is generally very useful if you want to give your Sims a few extra days to relax, build skills and come back a much better individual.

The Lothario flat now consists of Don Lothario obviously, the town cassanova - we all know about him. Warren McCarthy, resident neat freak and essentially secondary maid - good friends with Jodie Larson so they may strike something up together some time. The Larsons are a pretty dull sibling couple so I need some direction with them. And finally the mighty Robi Creelman, who has 0 lazy and 0 sloppy and pretty much just makes a mess and looks like a tramp. He moved in with $14, think that sums it up for him. I may give him a bit of a clothing make over, or just leave him as is and probably never going anywhere. He's in the slacker career and kinda making his way up the chain, so I may give him that angle.

Only Don gets a double bed, there isn't room in the others rooms so they have a single bed each and a small dresser, the rooms are pretty compact for them two I have to say. It's a bit weird as I've never had a flat share sort of thing going but I may do it more often now if I can get some good teamings, get more characters to play :D

Yeah I figured but I was a bit late in reasoning and just sent them down the career paths they wanted. I don't care for Businesses, doing the Landgraab's is hard enough. Plus I don't have the money, so I may just try and make them into interesting people. Travelling between businesses is so difficult, dealing with the energy levels and stuff just makes it really difficult i generally have to cheat and just refresh mine and the staffs needs to make it work unfortunately :(

I just have the base game and Seasons, and recently one of the teenagers had the want of "go out with_____." Is that something I need Nightlife to do?

Speaking of that, which expansion adds more: Nightlife or University? I want both but can only get one now. Thanks.

Edited by Geeky J

If that's the case, then I'll probably end up picking it up sooner than later. I plan on having all of the expansion packs at some point.

A LOT of shit has gone down in the first two/three seasons, so here goes...

Goth

Edward is grown up a little and bears a ridiculous resemblance to Don, so much so it's not even funny. He has a great relationship with BOTH his parents (a rarity in my games) and is generally quite outgoing, he seems to have a creative penchant, so he's following that. Cassandra and Don have been working their arses off at their jobs, Cassandra got pregnant again, so Don bought a vacation home to 'celebrate', he's still charming with his Voodoo Doll, but he hasn't cheated on her once. Cassandra gave birth to... two more boys, Pleasantview will be a sausagefest, it currently has another Pleasant male (I'll get to later) as well as Beau and Bruce Broke to deal with in coming seasons. The boys were named Gregory and Vincent.

Pleasant

Mary-Sue and Daniel kept going, but Mary-Sue gave birth to Dustin Broke's child, Cornell, but Daniel was none the wiser, he was heavilly involved in becoming a Hall of Famer and achieved it, three hours before becoming an elder, he's now discovered Dustin and Mary-Sue's relationship and left the house, he's gone to the Oldies home for his final years and some acting like a "Silver Stallion".

Oldies

As mentioned, Daniel has joined (though this was at the end of the season), Coral and Herb haven't been up to much but gardening and getting a new kitty cat called "Setzer", whom they've been doting on a fair bit.

Caliente

Not much has happened, Nina is becoming a popular lady with several college individuals (to keep in with her musical career) and is fast climbing. I'm going to set her up with one of the vampires for money and then de-vampire them.

Dreamer

Brandi and her children moved in, and made some adjustments to the house, Brandi and Darren are mostly using the money they have between them for holidays, whilst Bruce and Beau grow up. Beau will be moving to college soon, but he's taken to a very "Ziggy Stardust" image. I'm contemplating making him a straight but effeminate rock star.

Langerak

Demi (née Love/Goth) Langerak and Kaylyn adopted two young girls (I made sure they were girls, otherwise the next gen would be more gay than a Katsuya, Quom and Benji baby lotion party :shifty: ), Caryl and Lyndsay, neither of whom look anything like their adoptive parents (one being so far off she's not even white)

Landgraab

No change, had finished their seasons last update.

Larson

No change, had finished their seasons last update.

Burb

Managed to set up the home pet business, but I've not started playing with it yet, looks potentially very fun.

College Going's On

Dustin got caught cheating with Mary-Sue by Angela, Dirk is working his ass off (he already has all his stats at Level 5 or higher), Angela has flirted with Jimmy Phoenix (a random from the college bin) but hasn't gone further, Lilith is barely passing. The Fraternity and Sorority are going through the motions, I may end up killing one from each to thin the numbers. The Bright household lost a house mate when Jane graduated, Martin and she had fallen in love and are currently engaged, he has two college years left, but will probably have a child by the time he leaves, Allegra is a Level 10 artist and will open an exhibit when she leaves, A) for money, and B) so she can meet people to fulfil her 50 1st dates want. Alexander Goth moved to college, first year he was alone and is studious, so much so I gave him an asian vacation and he achieved everything, now the 'Freshmen' who were in the bin have joined him, they'll teach him how to be social each in their own unique ways. Erik Swain found love with a random college chick, he now had to deal with Lucy Burb taking all his girlfriends attention, they're at loggerheads, it's either going to end with Lucy and Erik together or just all out dogfight unless I can get Lucy to join the sorority.

So I decided to restart Pleasantview now that I installed Seasons and Open for Buisness and have played half a week on each lot.

Broke

Not much happened other than the birth of the new baby. Named him Zack. Brandi got a job, I forgot in what. Also I had Malcom Landgrab stop by to survey the land incase he was interested in buying it but instead he and Brandi started to chat.