'Cloverfield' Trailer

wozzi

Hrm, so somebody apparently did some artwork on the cloverfield monster... looks pretty damn good. Fits too with my theory that there will be smaller monsters wreaking havoc on the city while it attacks, considering how people are running from a perceived threat in the shadows, when they would clearly be able to see the giant monster if it was chasing them.

I'll put it in spoiler tags for those of you not wanting to see the monster yet, if this is actually the character design for it or something.

Isn't that just a look-a-like of Sin from FFX transplanted into NY?

ffx_sin1.jpg

Norro, that picture has been confirmed as fan art. There are a few other fan art designs out there, as well.

However, I am betting that fan design looks better than what the actual monster will look like. Speculation is that its some kind of turtle monster or at least has some kind of shell on part of its body.

Well, yeah, obviously it's a fan design. They used a Sim character for a human comparison. Come on now :P

Still though, like I said, if it's ACCURATE, it would support my thought that there are smaller monsters too.

Hrm, so somebody apparently did some artwork on the cloverfield monster... looks pretty damn good. Fits too with my theory that there will be smaller monsters wreaking havoc on the city while it attacks, considering how people are running from a perceived threat in the shadows, when they would clearly be able to see the giant monster if it was chasing them.

I'll put it in spoiler tags for those of you not wanting to see the monster yet, if this is actually the character design for it or something.

Isn't that just a look-a-like of Sin from FFX transplanted into NY?

ffx_sin1.jpg

You bastard, thats exactly what I was about to post.

I disliked the constant shaking in the trailer, as it's condusive to headaches but otherwise looks pretty good, I think.

I don't think the shaking will happen too often. Seems like they alternate between cameras, because if you notice, sometimes the quality is pretty good (the person with a decent handheld camera), sometimes it's shoddy (there's probably a person filming on their camera phone).

That said, there promises to be a lot of running, which means a lot of shake either way, so yeah, it'll probably get pretty disorienting.