I Love The 90s

ROC

I don't see how they could ever do "I love the 00s." You can't pronounce it, and nothing has happened these first four years, I doubt anything's gonna happen the next six. I dunno how they're going to get an hour out of 1999, the most boring year ever! It's gotta be 30 minutes about Monica Lewinsky, 15 minutes about the latin explosion, and 15 minutes about the Y2K scare. Because that's really all that happened in 99. Adjust for commercials.

Yeah, the 90s were pretty uneventful, but the whole O.J. thing, that made up for some of it. I watched the one with the Power Rangers and it reminded me of the days I used to play Power Rangers in school...

I don't see how they could ever do "I love the 00s."  You can't pronounce it, and nothing has happened these first four years, I doubt anything's gonna happen the next six.  I dunno how they're going to get an hour out of 1999, the most boring year ever!  It's gotta be 30 minutes about Monica Lewinsky, 15 minutes about the latin explosion, and 15 minutes about the Y2K scare.  Because that's really all that happened in 99.  Adjust for commercials.

You forget that a certain groundbreaking sci-fi flick was released in 1999.

I don't see how they could ever do "I love the 00s."  You can't pronounce it, and nothing has happened these first four years, I doubt anything's gonna happen the next six.  I dunno how they're going to get an hour out of 1999, the most boring year ever!  It's gotta be 30 minutes about Monica Lewinsky, 15 minutes about the latin explosion, and 15 minutes about the Y2K scare.  Because that's really all that happened in 99.  Adjust for commercials.

Nothing has happened these first four years? What the the hell are you on?

9/11

Dale Earnhardt dies

Saddam

Kill Bill

Raegan dies

Ray Charles dies

Anthrax Scare

NY Blackout

War on Iraq

Tillman dies

RIAA

Dixie Chicks, Anti-Bush

*We didn't start the fire.*

All of these things (plus alot I forgot) would be featured in a "I love the 00s" (They should call it "I love the two-thousands"). In fact I have a Rolling Stone that my dad took from Mailboxes Ect. that was a "This stuff happened in 2003" issue.

How do you know that nothing is going to happen in the next six years? Can you tell the future? On September 10th 2001 did you expect that the World Trade Center would fall the next day?

9/11

Dale Earnhardt dies

Saddam

Kill Bill

Raegan dies

Ray Charles dies

Anthrax Scare

NY Blackout

War on Iraq

Tillman dies

RIAA

Dixie Chicks, Anti-Bush

It'd be called 'I love the 00's', not 'The 00's were a depressing piece of shit'

Yes, but all those things would be in a 'I love the 00's' type show.

They didn't talk any about the Oklahoma City bombing or the many deaths that happened in the 90s on I Love The 90s, why the heck would they do it on an I Love The 00s type show. The only exception I can find for this is 9/11 as that affected all facets of life and dynamically chnaged our lifestyle in a single moment.

Remember, everything must be able to be made fun of...if Hal Sparks or Michael Ian Black were on an "I Love the '00s" series making jokes about 9/11, they'd (at the very least) be left without careers or (at the very most) be hunted down and killed.

As The ROC mentioned, the OKC bombing didn't find it's way into "I Love the '90s," so nothing like 9/11 would be spoofed on any kind of series in the future...although every one of these snarky fuckers would have a heyday with Saddam's capture. I can hear Mo Rocca now...

"You can tell that Mr. Hussein had had a wild party in his spiderhole the night before...look at the serious case of bed-head he was sporting.  Our troops should be ashamed of themselves, pulling this man from his peaceful slumber.  Don't they know that it's bad etiquette to take someone into political custody before lunch?"