Intelligent House / Rave / Whatever.

Nerf

Courtesy of urbandictionary:

Modern rap "music". Unlike oldskool rap poetry, this form of noise not only focuses on sex, drugs, "bling-blings", and fast cars, the rappers can't even speak in English because they use a collection of slang and Engrishwords called Ebonics.

Nu-rap is basically nothing but overly-repetitive, slapped-together techno with somebody talking about nothing at all.

Examples: Eminem, Puff Daddy, Lil Bow Wow, Missy Elliott, Ja Rule, 50 Cent, Nelly, every rapper on B.E.T., and the list goes on and on and on....

These last few months I've had the world's largest hard-on for Boards Of Canada.

Seriously magnificent.

Also loving Air more and more all the time and I loved 'em to begin with! My new favourite track of theirs is "Run". Far too hauntingly brilliant.

For a bit of cheeky chill out stuff try The Postal Service or even Royksopp.

Don't flirt with house or clubland trance stuff. That's all about bad vibes.