2007/2008 Hockey Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, this probably won't get answered, but there's a piece of music I've heard in various sporting situations, but I've no idea what it is. I'm sure I heard it during the first round of the playoffs, and I think it's been used to introduce the starting fives in some NBA games. But it's all synthesisers and quite dramatic, could almost be mistaken for an ER theme (not the new shite one >_>)

At the risk of calling up an HOF topic, I'll attempt to textualise it:

DANNNNNNNN! Do do Do, Do do Do, Do do Do, Do do Do, DANNNNNN! etc. etc. <_<

The second DANNNNN is lower, and the non-capitalised do's are higher than the others.

So, yeah. Go.

YES! That's it. And ironically enough, I seem to remember it being a Penguins game I heard it used on. It'd be nice to know where it came from i.e. Artist and proper title. I'll have a look-see, cheers.

EDIT: I got it, it's Alan Parsons Project's sirius, and it was indeed used in basketball, to introduce the Chicago Bulls in the late 90s.

Edited by Dragsy

It's from NFL Films album "Power and Glory". Can't find the specific composer. If you look hard enough, it should come up. The actual title is "Pittsburgh Steelers".

I could have sworn I've heard a longer version, so maybe it goes by a different name as well.

EDIT: I knew it went by something else, because I've heard a longer version for sure.

Edited by Enter Blue Guy

So it is going to be Detroit vs. Pittsburgh?

First time in a couple years that a Canadian team isn't in the finals, and I actually think shows - no one I know is still talking about the Stanley Cup playoffs.

The songs yinz are talking about was used by the Bulls in the 90's. It was also the Penguins intro song during the back-to-back Cup run in 91 and 92 and I believe it is still used by the Penguins.

I always thought it was by Alan Parsons Project myself. And I thought the title was "Sirius." If it is indeed entitled "Pittsburgh Steelers" then that's quite funny because they've never actually used it.

Guest Dr. Potato Head

3-0 Kitchener and we're not even out of the first yet. This team is too good not to go all the way.

Also, lol at the local TV station for suggesting that Montreal-esque riots could take place here. The arena's not even near anything worth rioting - are they going to tear up Jack Couch Park or something? :D

Guest Dr. Potato Head

Yes, but that's still walking distance.

Nobody really gave much thought to the placing of our arena - at the time it was built, it was basically on the outskirts of town. Now it's sort of halfway between downtown and my neighbourhood.

Guest Dr. Potato Head

So our guys started coasting and Gatineau came back, but we still won 6-5 in overtime.

Going to see Spokane/Belleville this afternoon, and just got a ticket for Kitchener/Spokane tomorrow. Now I just need to find a way to get out of work...

Guest Dr. Potato Head

Spokane scores three goals in the first, Belleville scores three in the second, Spokane ends up winning 5-4 in overtime. The good news is that a Belleville team playing really poorly was almost able to beat a Spokane team that seemed to be playing well - so tommorrow should be a cakewalk.