2007/2008 Hockey Thread

Alllllright, so I said that when I made the league I'd start the new thread. It will be a points league meaning that the players on your team are awarded points for a whole bunch of statistical categories. At the end of each day the total accumulated points of the players on your roster are added to your score.

Read the rules as to how everything works (things like trades and waivers need to be approved by the other managers IIRC).

There will be a live online draft on Saturday, September 7th: 12:00 PM Eastern Time. That is next weekend at noon eastern time, I believe it's 7pm for you English folk... that's basically why it's that early, so if anyone East of New York City wanted to join, they're not drafting at 3 am... Maybe Plubby is in Aussieland.

There are a maximum of 20 teams in the league, and if you don't like the points system well than you suck. I hope everyone will have fun and enjoys the league.

If someone wants to contact an Admin and we want to put down say 5 bucks US or Canadian as they're almost par right now with the winner taking the possible total pot of $100 at the end of the season that would be super. I'm hoping everyone who joins is down for putting the small wager. If some people are and some aren't the highest ranking wagering player at seasons end will get the pot.

There Must Be An Even Number Of Teams Or Yahoo Will Stress And We Won't Draft!

So without further babbling.

http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/leag...b_hockey_league

Password: iamgayforbasha

Ok so now that that's out the way.

Montreal will surprise and finish in 6th place, Toronto will finish a plesant 9th again... or 8th, depending on if Blake produces and if they can move Raycroft for someone better.

Ottawa finishes in 2nd behind the Rangers.

Montreal wins the cup... oh wishful thinking...

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10am over here, that works out awesome for me. I start work at 10, and my job, I press one button and sit around for an hour, then I have to do some work.

And I also would like the league ID number.

Edited by Ruki

Alllllright, so I said that when I made the league I'd start the new thread. It will be a points league meaning that the players on your team are awarded points for a whole bunch of statistical categories. At the end of each day the total accumulated points of the players on your roster are added to your score.

Read the rules as to how everything works (things like trades and waivers need to be approved by the other managers IIRC).

There will be a live online draft on Saturday, September 7th: 12:00 PM Eastern Time. That is next weekend at noon eastern time, I believe it's 7pm for you English folk... that's basically why it's that early, so if anyone East of New York City wanted to join, they're not drafting at 3 am... Maybe Plubby is in Aussieland.

There are a maximum of 20 teams in the league, and if you don't like the points system well than you suck. I hope everyone will have fun and enjoys the league.

If someone wants to contact an Admin and we want to put down say 5 bucks US or Canadian as they're almost par right now with the winner taking the possible total pot of $100 at the end of the season that would be super. I'm hoping everyone who joins is down for putting the small wager. If some people are and some aren't the highest ranking wagering player at seasons end will get the pot.

There Must Be An Even Number Of Teams Or Yahoo Will Stress And We Won't Draft!

So without further babbling.

http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/leag...b_hockey_league

Password: iamgayforbasha

Ok so now that that's out the way.

Montreal will surprise and finish in 6th place, Toronto will finish a plesant 9th again... or 8th, depending on if Blake produces and if they can move Raycroft for someone better.

Ottawa finishes in 2nd behind the Rangers.

Montreal wins the cup... oh wishful thinking...

Saturday is the 8th........only reason I know this is because my birthday is the 9th >.>

Jacques Demers tonight was at a depanneur (general store outside Quebec) where some teens were harassing a family that was waiting in a car. Demers, a former coach of the Montreal Canadiens, and a Stanley Cup winner aswell as the play by play for the Habs on RDS went up to confront the largest of the teens. They get into a heated yelling match and Demers starts getting pushed around by the kids. Demers then throws the teen to the ground. When he gets up he tries to push Demers some more who then loses it and throws the kid through the glass window of the depanneur.

It's making all the news in Montreal. Demers, 63 then called the police and the teens were arrested.

Jacques Demers tonight was at a depanneur (general store outside Quebec) where some teens were harassing a family that was waiting in a car. Demers, a former coach of the Montreal Canadiens, and a Stanley Cup winner aswell as the play by play for the Habs on RDS went up to confront the largest of the teens. They get into a heated yelling match and Demers starts getting pushed around by the kids. Demers then throws the teen to the ground. When he gets up he tries to push Demers some more who then loses it and throws the kid through the glass window of the depanneur.

It's making all the news in Montreal. Demers, 63 then called the police and the teens were arrested.

aug2807_luongo_tt.jpg

sweater04_082907_b.jpg

I guess people wouldn't have known those were the VANCOUVER Canucks?

EDIT - The best thing about the change though, is that the older style will be on sale for a good discount. On the NHL website, some of them are 40% off.

Edited by Toe

p3826699nm.jpgpG01-3281987t130.jpgp3536468nm.jpg

p3536366reg.jpgp3536337nm.jpgp3927357nm.jpg

p3941834nm.jpg

These are all the new jerseys that have been released so far, available for purchase on the NHL website. The Original Six teams don't have to change their jerseys at all, but Detroit's has changed a tiny bit. Columbus switched their alternate jersey to their home jersey, which I like.

Edited by Toe

Tampa has a good one, I think. I also like the Islanders jersey, and Buffalo's has grown on me.

It will take me a month to digest Washington's jersey, because it's such a big change from what they wore last season. I am already used to the Senator's new jersey, it really doesn't look too much different.

I can't defend the Canucks jersey except to say that there is an 80% chance they only wear them for one year.