2007/2008 Hockey Thread

The East has relatively weak goaltending on par. Toskala is good, but holy shit he lets in some absolute garbage sometimes.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The East has relatively weak goaltending on par. Toskala is good, but holy shit he lets in some absolute garbage sometimes.

...well, I did go from watching Andrew Raycroft making all the starts to Vesa Toskala.

Still, I think that Toskala was exposed to a lot of bad situations by a weak defence in front of him and actually did well most of the time. That bouncing shot against the Islanders was funny though.

I'm excited to see if being the #1 team in the East this past season gives Montreal any credibility in the Free Agent market. A number of players had fantastic seasons, and the media circus here was no where near as bad as 06/07. I mean there was that horseshit at the beginning of the year bout Koivu not speaking French, but asides from that, even when Kosto and O'Byrne were arrested, the media was good natured about it. Kovalev seemed awfully happy.

It's kinda funny, someone earlier mentioned, why would anyone WANT to go play for Toronto. How long was Toronto a great place to go to get a big paycheck and play for a decent team? On the other hand, if Montreal is any more favorable in the eyes of FA's, then I'll be quite happy, because probably for the last what... since Le Trade, this hasn't exactly been a place people want to come play in.

CTV and TSN continue to try and be like the old CBC. Getting Cuthbert, Williams and now they've acquired the rights to the Hockey Night in Canada Theme Song. I gotta say, I wish CBC kept it and I wish CTV and TSN didn't sign for it as it shouldn't be heard anywhere on TV outside of Saturday Night.

They opened Sportscentre with the song, and it made me feel angry.

It just feels so wrong. What was wrong with what they did before? I loved TSN's hockey coverage last season. I don't see having this song as something that will draw in a million more viewers for them or something.

Edited by Toe

Guest Dr. Potato Head

They're doing it so they can laugh at CBC.

Also they should use the That's Hockey theme (the old, longer version of the current one) more often.

Let me just say that TSN is so full of shit leading off their show with the headlines of getting a fucking song.

Honestly, WHO GIVES A SHIT? The only purpose for TSN doing this is to try and grab some positive PR, and to stick it in the face of CBC... but it has absolutely no relevance to anything going on. Lead off the show with some Euro 2008 coverage! Or the Jays game! Or, hell, Ron Wilson just signed with the Leafs! Don't spend five minutes talking about a god damned 40 year old song.

sdgipahsgpibsfgpisfglbsfg

I hate TSN. Their 2008/2009 schedule pisses me right off, too. I don't want to see 70 god damn games featuring Canadian teams. I want to see AMERICAN TEAMS!!! We're being deprived of some great match-ups [Pens/Flyers, anyone?] because of this shit. adgljbsdgljbsgbj

In conclusion, sdguioasghisahgpisg

Did anybody see the ending credits of Off the Record? It was clips of Maple Leaf goals from last season and Ron Wilson behind the bench set to the version of the HNIC theme they played during the ending credits on CBC. It's the one they play in between periods and after the game. Pretty weird.

Edited by Enter Blue Guy