Good 'emo'/pop-punk

YI

I'm in the mood for some catchy stuff, lyrics I don't give the fuck. I just want some 'upbeat' kind of music. Most of the good punk-rock at the minute is of a more hardcore variety, so I have to look elsewhere. I just some shit which is awfully catchy. Stuff like; Four Year Strong, Boys Night Out, Scary Kids Scaring Kids etc.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fouth Grade Nothing

Lucky Boys Confusion

Spring Heeled Jack

Three off the top of my head. Lucky Boys Confusion are probably the best out of the three. Its good pop punk and its really catchy. The bests songs by them are: Bossman, Ordinary and Fred Astaire. And Jolene and Pop Song Green by Spring Heeled Jack are both good.

The only thing that I can think of right now is Cartel, as the singer has an infectious voice.

But if you want something upbeat and around that area, I assume you've heard of Set Your Goals?

Edited by YI

Husker Du, jawbreaker, Fugazi, Screeching Weasel, Go Betty Go, The Mr. T Experience, Saves The Day.

While I appreciate a fan of Husker Du, I don't think they'd fit in this sort of category. Their earliest stages were very hardcore influenced, and even as they evolved they never had too much of a poppy sound. Unless I missed something after New Day Rising.