Worms Open Warfare 2

Scott McFly

Anyone got this game for the DS? I'm a big fan of the worms games, but the 3D ones didn't do much for me. This is a great little 2D version, I don't think it's quite up to Worms Armageddon on the PC, which I consider the definitive version, but still definitely one to pick up if you like the games.

Clearly it's best in multiplayer though, so here's my friend code if anyone has it and fancies a game:

2148 5849 0589

It's probably not as good as the Worms games on the PC due to sometimes fiddly nature of the controls and small screen(s), but I would recommend it if you're a fan of the series. The puzzle mode is interesting, gets you thinking, the campaign mode is pretty good, but obviously this is a multiplayer orientated title, so do not get it for the single player mode, as it will not last you very long. I would also say that some of the text is hard to read, but this is just the screen again I reckon.

It is quite fun though, the graphics look good, the sounds are very authentic, and there's a good range of the weapons from the PC versions to choose from. Very customisable too, you can store schemes where you set exactly the types and number of each weapon you get, etc.

Overall, I'd probably give it a 7/10. Definitely some flaws in there, but if you're a fan and know your way around the game already, then you'll have fun.

Is multiplayer done through Nintendo WFC or local only? I hate local multiplayer only as I don't know anyone near me who has a DS.

I do love the Worms games, and I was definitely interested when I heard of a handheld version, I'll try and scrape some cash together and pick it up, assuming the multiplayer is online.

Yep, single card, multi card and WFC. Single card has a weird delay on it and you can only use random teams, but WFC (and presumably multi card) you get the whole experience.

If you do get one, get Open Warfare 2 and not the first one, as apparantly it was awful and they've totally redone everything for the sequel.

What's the quantifiable difference between Worms 2 and Worms Armageddon? Since I have the former lying around somewhere but cannot seem to find it, and am wondering whether going out and buying Armageddon would be an entirely superfluous way to get around my untidiness.

What's the quantifiable difference between Worms 2 and Worms Armageddon? Since I have the former lying around somewhere but cannot seem to find it, and am wondering whether going out and buying Armageddon would be an entirely superfluous way to get around my untidiness.

Very little, from what I can remember. Changed weapons, changed scenarios, little else really.