Skate

Fanku Kaibutsu

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fucking, about time like. I was hoping for info at E3 or something, I've never been so anxious for a sequel before >_>

Oh no, they're adding the ability to dismount. They best be careful, dismounting virtually singlehandedly ruined the Tony Hawks' series. I'm also not keen on the story carrying on after Skate It, which was supposed to be a spin-off, and being Nintendo-only, I won't be able to play (there's the DS version, but since when has skating EVER worked on a handheld?). I like that they're addressing vert skating though, that was one of the few aspects that wasn't so grat about the first game (along with the camera). Hopefully more flatland/tech stuff will feature in the new one too. Not a ridiculous amount, but a bit more than what was available in Skate.

Trailer looks promising. I'm hoping it'll release later this year, like November or something, don't want to wait till '09.

Edited by Dragsy

• 2 months later...

Gah, the best release information I can find is early '09, that's not exact enough! Or soon enough!

I actually don't like what I'm hearing about the story so far, it sounds very goofyish...almost to the point of the Hawk series, taking plaace 5 years later after a natural disaster wipes out the city? Weak.

Gah, the best release information I can find is early '09, that's not exact enough! Or soon enough!

I actually don't like what I'm hearing about the story so far, it sounds very goofyish...almost to the point of the Hawk series, taking plaace 5 years later after a natural disaster wipes out the city? Weak.

How so? In fact, it sounds like it would make for some excellent spots.

I can picture now jumping from the second story of a building (Which hopefully with the new walking feature there'll be some kind of way to climb, or at the very least, lots and lots of stairs so you can go everywhere) and grinding all the way down a fallen girder at a construction site. While the 'story' may not be the greatest, really...was there even one in Skate.? Which consisted of do tricks to get in magazines.

So as long as there are fun spots to skate, I'm game.

That's what I mean by Hawkish, obviously I'm not asking for it to be dead-on in terms of realism, but I got bored of the TH series when you were grinding cables for x amount of miles and pulling eighty tricks in one jump. The natural disaster theme is perfect scope for silly monster jumps and huge construction-site length rails to use your example, and that may be some people's cup of tea, but if that's the case, I'd rather they go drink with Neversoft.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I may well rob the first one from work again and play through for the next couple of weeks.

OMFG WE SHOULD TOTALLY MAKE A TEAM EWB SKATE VID!

I rarely complete games. I beat the hell out of Skate.

I might get it for the PS3 though. That is my console, while the XBOX is my brothers.