Across The Universe

tristy

Has anyone seen this movie? Heard the soundtrack? Even saw the previews?

I want to see this film desperately, but it's not playing at my immediate surrounding theaters. :(

FYI, I'm listening to the regular edition of the soundtrack, and it's quite good for a soundtrack with the actors singing (ala Walk The Line).

The soundtrack... really sucks the big one to me, I just don't really like many of the covers at all. I'm going to go see the movies though, probably with the girlfriend in about a week or so since we're both big fans of The Beatles, but my hopes aren't up that high. I personally can't stand looking at Evan Rachel Wood, so it should be fun.

• 1 year later...

Not to bring up an old topic for nothing, but I just saw this movie a few days ago (after months of procrastinating) and I have to say I thought it was amazing... TV Carpio, Jim Sturgess, Joe Anderson, Dana Fuchs, Evan Rachel Wood & the guy who played JoJo were a really great ensemble cast.

Most of the performances were brilliant and it really added a lot to the movie as awhole... Plus Dana Fuchs is awesome (and the reason I decided to finaly watch it)... Well worth it.

Now a year after it's release, what did others think of it?

I'm a fan of the film and own the special addition. I find it hard to sit through multiple viewings however, getting the feeling it drags on. I do love watching some of the songs kick off though, my favorite being Hey Jude when it goes to the streets and that drunken bum starts banging on the trash cans. That guy was fucking gold. I get saddened when I listen to the soundtrack and don't hear his beat