(Un)Official Dance Music Thread.

RPS

What is getting your booty shaking?

What makes you get up and dance?

What's lighting the clubsssss up?

For me, Chromeo are fucking amazing. They are from Montreal and basically are making top notch tunes. Fancy Footwork.

Soulwax is amazing as well. It's remix/mash-up stuff that is in the same vein of Girl Talk.

Boys Noize is pretty damn amazing too. It's akin to the first time you heard Daft Punk.

That's all I got. Lets share some booty shaking, groovin making tunes.

Guest Ringmaster

Chromeo's pretty awesome. I've been digging both them and Justice for some time now. I'll toss in The Tough Alliance and Chromatics as well, and that's what makes my booty shake.

MSTRKRFT are PURDY amazing. The album was definitely a grower. At first all I loved was Work On It, but the rest of the album is pretty fucking killer. Plus, there REMIXES are fucking out of this world. Check out their remix of Woman by Wolfmother. Dance floor madness. When I DJed a bar this summer, I played the tune and everyone loved it.

For me, Eddie Halliwell's amazing live, hes definently the top DJ in the world at the moment in my opinion. Will Bailey is awesome at the moment I'd advise anyone into Dirty House/Electro music to check his stuff out on Myspace or live if you get the chance.

Loved Tiesto's 'In Search of sunrise' first few albums,

Haven't got the older ones. I got 4 and 5, which weren't bad. Got 6 coming eventually, damn Amazon.

Anyone want to say how 1-2-3 compare to 4 and 5?

For me, Eddie Halliwell's amazing live, hes definently the top DJ in the world at the moment in my opinion. Will Bailey is awesome at the moment I'd advise anyone into Dirty House/Electro music to check his stuff out on Myspace or live if you get the chance.

Loved Tiesto's 'In Search of sunrise' first few albums,

Edited by JimbobJoylove

I fucking love you.

If you like Eddie Halliwell, try checking out Sander van Doorn, driving prog trance much like Halliwell, and if you can try to see him before he gets too big and the clubs get rammed.

Pryda is fucking amazing. Top notch stuff there.

Eric Prydz came to Ottawa but I skipped out. I regret it.

I need to see Soulwax before I die.

The Field is probably my favorite band at this moment.

Shit, its amazing stuff.

From Here We Go To Sublime. Fucking christ. Its the most beautiful sounding CD I may have ever heard.

I love it because its dancey and yet somehow VERY human.

I probably sound like some total pussy describing music, but its honestly the best thing I've heard all year.

• 1 month later...

I assume you are looking more for a singer as opposed to Daft Punk-ish vocals where its more of a robot vocals.

Kenna is good. Its like a combo of rock and roll, funk, hip-hop and house.

Cassius is great too. Like Kenna, mish-mash of styles.

United States of Electronica are campy as hell. It's like Daft Punk but totally gay.

The Prodigy are great.

Junior Boy's are fucking out of this world.

On another note, I just discovered Ratatat, and I love their CD Classics. Its funky and dancy, but in a completely rock and roll way. Its very experimental and different, but still very cool.

Edited by PunkRockPete