Classical/'Other' Music

thatblindgeye

Anyone here listen to classical or 'other' type of music? Like symphony's and musical scores from movies and such?

Been buying a few on iTunes recently and looking for more to buy.

There's one piece that I want to search for but not sure what it's called... or really how it goes exactly. Im thinking its a piece that could be seen in cowboy/wild west type of movies that plays when thee good guy comes a riding up with his horse to save the day. Pretty sure Ive seen that type of movie with the music playing... Pretty vague description, but hopefully somebody is able to help out.

Apocalyptica!!11!11elevenone

But yeah, them. Until they got the guy from The Rasmus to sing for them, which ruined it. And now I've see ntheir new video and they've got a whole other band playing with them. And Corey fucking Taylor. Psssht. The first few Apocalyptica albums ('The Inquisiton Symphony' and 'Plays Metallica By Four Cellos') were gold. The rest are hit-and-miss, but to be fair, still mainly hit.

yeah, classic is great for reading and learning. (science actualy proffed this)

We have a big music and light festival each year in a park around the cornor. The yyouth philharmonica plays for two to 3 houres in front of 20000 people. It has everything from mozart to pirats of the caribian or Pink Panter. That got me started with listening more than OSTs when it comes to classic a long time ago.

There's one piece that I want to search for but not sure what it's called... or really how it goes exactly. Im thinking its a piece that could be seen in cowboy/wild west type of movies that plays when thee good guy comes a riding up with his horse to save the day. Pretty sure Ive seen that type of movie with the music playing... Pretty vague description, but hopefully somebody is able to help out.

A person who does a lot of that type of classical "western" music(though classical western is European music) is Aaron Copland. His Rodeo Suite(pronounced Row-Day-Oh) has a lot of western type themes in it. It may not be exactly what you're looking for, but it is prettty damn close.

As for classical, I'm all about it. Then again, when you're a music student you have to be with Theory and History crap. We're singing Bach's Magnificat and Beethoven's Mass in C, which are gorgeous pieces. I recommend them.

Moving away from the western theme and going back to an overall scope...

...may I suggest Danzig's two Black Aria albums? Aside from that, Sir Edward Elgar composed some of my particular favorite works (but, strangely, any discs featuring his work were hard to come by at the time I first heard of him -- 1999 or so.)

Venturing back toward western Ennio Morricone's music for Leone's movies is majestic stuff. I'm sure you've heard a lot of it more than once without realizing "Hey, that's an Ennio Morricone song".