Free REM tribute

MalaCloudy Black

To mark the 15th anniversary of the REM album "Automatic For The People", the music website Stereogum has put together a tribute to the album known as "Drive XV". These are fully free, legal mp3 downloads.

http://www.stereogum.com/drivexv/track/

I have to say I'm digging the Meat Puppets' cover of "Everybody Hurts". Awesome. And yeah, before anyway says it, I know it's a pretty terrible cover. You'd just have to be a Meat Puppets fan to "get" it, I guess. The Kirkwood brothers just don't give a fuck about.. most things.

Edited by Cloudy

Bah, not what I was after. The last times I've been in HMV and Virgin Megastore, there's been a cover of the REM song about pushing elephants, can't remember the title. The singer sounds like the guy from The Fray, but the cover isn't particularly piano-driven. I was wondering if there was some sort of cover/tribute album out, and you've just gone and disappointed me, Clods.

But yeah, not keen on the stuff you linked, but I'm not a massive REM fan, nor am I much of a follower of the coverers.

No Losing My Religion or Bad Day? No deal.

It's a tribute to the album Automatic For The People. Bad Day wasn't released on an album until 2003, and Losing My Religion was on Out of Time.