Mystery Science Theater 3000 to return...

thatshortguy

Courtesy of Slashdot.

Unfortunately it's in separate projects, but just after Jim Mallon (the man who owns all things MST3K) announced that he would be bringing back Tom Servo, Crow and Gypsy in animated Flash shorts on the web along with Paul Chaplin (a writer from the original MST3K), Joel Hodgson, the series creator, has announced that he will be launching a new venture called Cinematic Titanic. It will feature horrible movies riffed by the original cast of MST3K, including Josh Weinstein (the original Tom Servo), Trace Beaulieu (the original Crow), Frank Conniff (TV's Frank), Mary Jo Pehl (Pearl Forrester) and, of course, Joel himself. They've already got the rights to 12 movies, and will be releasing one a month starting in December for DVD purchase or download.

Cup's filled.

For info on Cinematic Titanic, here is the site, featuring Joel's revelation.

Edited by The Midget

And that's not even factoring in RiffTrax where Mike Nelson does the same thing as downloadable commentaries, often bringing in other MST3K alumni to join in. But yeah, Cinematic Titanic sounds fantastic.

Edited by GoGo Yubari *

Does it seem kind of funny to anyone else that RiffTrax features the second host, and the second robot voice actors, and this project features the original host, and the original robot voice actors?

Yes, but I'm willing to say it is complete consequence. Mike was a writer for the show from pretty much the beginning, being promoted to Head Writer soon before his taking over of Joel's on-screen role. Josh Weinstein was the original sidekick for Dr. Forrester, until being replaced by Frank (and, in a little known fact, actually helped create the look of TV's Frank.)

Long story short, there are no hard feelings between everyone, it's just the fact that Josh/Joel/Trace were all part of the original KTMA group and were wanting to do this together for quite a while.

If this doesn't lead to a full-blown MST3k mega-reunion or convention somewhere, I'll be disappointed. I don't care if it's in Sri Lanka, a convention featuring the entire cast of MST3k's iterations would at least have me in attendance. Hell, I even wore my Crow T. Robot sweatshirt to work today :shifty: