Joss Whedon Returns To TV

Ananas

Yes, in 2002 they jumped the gun and canceled Firefly. Then from 2003-2006 they gave they gave 3 seasons to "Arrested Development", a low rated but critically acclaimed comedy. In 2006 they gave a second season to "The Loop", another low-rated but well liked comedy. "House" originally was met with lackluster ratings, but FOX cultivated it into one of television's most watched programs. They brought back "Family Guy" in 2005 to improved promotion and eventually big numbers. And they stuck by "Bones" and its shown consistent ratings growth. Can we stop with all the "lol, fox bad" nonsense? Virtually everyone at the top of that network has left since "Firefly" was canceled. It's now run by the guy who stuck by "The Office", "My Name Is Earl", "Scrubs", "Friday Night Lights" and "30 Rock" at NBC when they were low rated but well liked. Now they've brought Joss Whedon on board and made an episode commitment to him blindly. This isn't the "Who Wants To Marry A Multi-Millionaire" network anymore.

Pffft. How dare you try to fight my perfectly valid arguement using such airy-fairy ammunition as 'facts' and 'figures'. ¬_¬

They cancelled Firefly after eleven poorly-advertised, out-of-sequence episodes. So until they start airing another show that I like, they suck. That's how things work in my brain.

Edited by Farmer Reil

• 4 months later...

Thought I'd bring this back up with some casting news:

"Battlestar Galactica" co-star Tahmoh Penikett, Fran Kranz ("Welcome to the Captain"), Australian Dichen Lachman and Enver Gjokaj have moved into Joss Whedon's "Dollhouse."

The four join Eliza Dushku on the 20th Century Fox TV-produced drama, which received a seven-episode order shortly before the strike.

"Dollhouse" revolves around a group of young men and women, aka "Dolls," who are imprinted with different personalities for different assignments. They have no memories of their previous lives, until Echo (Dushku) begins to try to find out who she was.

Penikett will play Paul Smith, an FBI field agent obsessed with the urban myth of Dollhouse and a twisted romantic foil for Echo.

Kranz will play Topher Brink, a twentysomething genius programmer responsible for imprinting the dolls.

Lachman will play Sierra, a doll like Echo and her friend, who has every personality in the world but her own.

Gjokaj will play Victor, also a doll and a friend of Echo's, who is childlike when he's inactive, and everything from Errol Flynn to young DeNiro when he's active.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/conten...31cff842a2fb970

British/Australian fans might recognise Dichen Lachman as Katya Kinski from Neighbours. Strange casting. IIRC, every Neighbours fan on EWB hated her.