2007/2008 NCAA Men's Basketball

OGpistolpete

With the new preseason rankings out, and the season about to start in a little over a week, let's talk about college basketball!

Preseason Top 10

1. North Carolina

2. UCLA

3. Memphis

4. Kansas

5. Georgetown

6. Louisville

7. Tennessee

8. Michigan State

9. Indiana

10. Washington State

Not surprising to see the top two, but I didn't think Memphis would get ranked this high, even though they did so good last year. Maybe they didn't have many seniors.

Also, I guess we won't expect Michigan State to stay up high very long through the season, since they already lost a freaking exhibition match to Grand Valley State. If they can't beat Grand Valley State in an exhibition match, I don't know how they will be able to beat Georgetown or someone in the Elite Eight or Final Four.

Also, I just learned today through the grapevine at my school, that the person who assisted the final score for Grand Valley State was Alvin Storrs who went to my high school last year, and who I had gym class with last year and I would play basketball with him and some other kids almost every class. I thought that was pretty fucking sweet.

Yeah I prefer to watch the College game over the NBA... Just seems more real, if you get what I mean... Players playing for the name on the front of thier jersey and not the one on thier back... Out thier trying to get noticed and stay focused, always seems more like the basketball we all try to play... No money involved... Dunno, just my opinion...

I'm hoping that my Duke Blue Devils and California Golden Bears rebound and play better than they did last year... Duke's first round exit in the tournament was pretty woeful... Whilst Cali just played terrible for most of the season... Hoping that they both play better this year although I think Cal is going to have a hard time in the Pac-10...

My darkhorse team for this season is Kansas State... I think they are going to go along way this season and I'm expecting big things out of them...

For some reason, Michigan State is always ranked higher than they should be and always end up getting there ass whooped and like finishing why out of the top 25. They always suck it up in NCAA tourny, too.

But I am really cheering for Memphis to do something big this year. They have been stacked for so many years but never could get it done in the tourny. UNC and Duke are overrated. I hate them both.

Edited by TFA

College Hoops is awesome (Shame my school is DIII, but games are still fun). This year's gonna be nuts at the top. There's been a huge balancing in the sport the last few years, and this is really apparent up top. The top 5 in my opinion are very interchangeable. It's gonna be a crazy year.

Shame Maryland sucks...

I'm hoping I can get to go to another Illinois game this year. I've been to pro sports games and there's really nothing that compares to the college level. I remember walking into the place and getting dizzy being surrounded by so much orange. The atmosphere at college games is just unreal.