Patrick Vieira

FLiam

Do you think Vieira will stay at Arsenal FC?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Vieira will stay at Arsenal FC?

• Yes
    • No

I don't want people voting yes because they want him to, just a serious question, do you think he will stay loyal to Arsenal, or do you think he will leave to join Real Madrid.

I obviously really hope he stays and I think he will, there have been rumours Madrid wil ofer us £30m plus Morientes, but how would £30m plus Morientes make up for the loss of Vieira? If he was to go, I would want at least £55m. But hopefully he doesn't want to leave, we would be screwed without him.

What are your opinions?

As a United fan, I voted that he will stay.

I think that if Arsenal got an offer of £30mil plus Morientes then they would find it impossible to resist in todays transfer climate. Even if they did accept it, I think that Viera would remain loyal to Arsenal, and stay for at least another season and try and make them only the second club to successfully defend the Premiership, as much as I hope they don't.

but how would £30m plus Morientes make up for the loss of Vieira?

I'd say £30million plus Morientes is a great deal, seeing as Morientes would be worth about £20million-odd himself.

Personally, it's a tough situation. Viera is a very valuable player... but the deal is real sweet. And Wenger is a great manager, so he could really get his money worth for someone who could easily come in and do just as good. It's a tough call... too tough a call for now.

He will stay IMO. He knows that Arsenal has a great future with all the players. He knows what Wenger can do, and he feels at home here apparently. He loves the club, and has stated he wants to play in the new stadium when it's built.

Plus the Daily Mail said he wants to go, so that means he wants to stay :D

As I said in the Arsenal thread, this type of thing seems to come up every year for the past three or four years. Even when Vieira was out of contract he stayed at Arsenal. I'm thinking it's more attempts by Real to unsettle Vieira and nothing more.

It'd be a huge step back for us to let him leave, and even if it was for £30million we couldn't buy anybody better with that cash. It makes little sense to me, I think he'll stay.

I think he will stay because he has been loyal to The Gunners for quite awhile, and I don't think there are many players that are better than him so they wont sell him IMO.

David Beckham, one month before signing:

"There’s been lots of stuff in the media about me and my future, but I can honestly say that there has been no contact between either me or my advisers with Real Madrid."

Luis Figo, 3 months before signing for Madrid:

"I have not, nor has my agent had talks with representitives from Real Madrid. I am concentrating on Barcelona at the moment. My future lies here.

Zinedine Zidane, 3 weeks before signing:

"A pay day isn't my philosophy. I started in football very young and I think football has given me everything I hoped for. I'll never say never but at the moment I'm happy at Juventus"

Jorge Valdano-2 weeks before Ronaldo was signed:

"I'm not saying that we have no interest in Ronaldo but what I'm saying is that we will make no move for him until Inter say he is available"

So yeah, I think Vieira will join Madrid.

Guest Small Blue

He wont stay at Arsenal, because I read that Arsene was already planning who was going to take his place. The dream scenario would be for him to go to Tottenham - completely wipe out his relationship with Arsenal and wipe the fucking smirks off most Arsenal fans faces.

If he were to go to Real then they would be almost certain to take back the champions league what with his and Samuels abilites to defend. It would also be Arsenal admitting that they're not as big club as Real Madrid.

Why would he move? For a better chance of champions League success? Doubt it, Real have no chance, whereas Arsenal have the best chance at it they ever have had.

He'll stay, but I hope he goes ;)

Wow someone putting down Real Madrid. Care to explain why they have no chance of winning the CL?

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

The dream scenario would be for him to go to Tottenham - completely wipe out his relationship with Arsenal and wipe the fucking smirks off most Arsenal fans faces.

Tottenham would need to win to wipe off the smirks, and even if they had Vieira they'd still have a team with 10 other inadequate players, Santini isn't all that either, anyone with eyes could manage a successful french national side.

Tottenham would need to win to wipe off the smirks, and even if they had Vieira they'd still have a team with 10 other inadequate players, Santini isn't all that either, anyone with eyes could manage a successful french national side.

I wouldn't say Santini did that! I wouldn't call waht he did as managing....or like failing..... :lol::lol::lol: