Mass Effect (XBOX 360)

Reddaye

I've also beat the game, I think I had like 12 hours, with only a handful of side-quests done. I just restarted the game as a female and Im going to make all good decisions this time through and try earn some of the achievements I missed out on first time. First time through I was completely lost in the Citadel and so didn't even try getting any sidequests done there.

One of the funnest experiences of the year for me, what it lacks in combat-depth it more than makes up for in the feeling of total control.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've also beat the game, I think I had like 12 hours, with only a handful of side-quests done. I just restarted the game as a female and Im going to make all good decisions this time through and try earn some of the achievements I missed out on first time. First time through I was completely lost in the Citadel and so didn't even try getting any sidequests done there.

One of the funnest experiences of the year for me, what it lacks in combat-depth it more than makes up for in the feeling of total control.

Just beat the game, 24 hours exact, with almost all the sidequests done. Probably would have hit Lvl 50 if I had, heh.

Anyway, the whole ending sequence was awesome. Personally, I feel that allowing the player to make several critical decisions during the final sequence was a great move. It's a small thing design wise, but

Watching the Alliance fleet come in to save the council was amazingly awesome, because it really felt like it was *my* decision, hence one of the best (not to mention one of the rare few) feel good moments I've had in a video game.

Much thanks to Bioware for this excellent game, now bring on the sequels already.

For anyone going for another playthrough I advise you rescue Liara after completing Novaria and Feros. Let's just say that her dialog is VERY interesting. >_>

Hmmm...I saved her after doing Noveria and Feros first time around, and I don't remember anything in her dialog of note...

Although, many people had 'relations' with her their first time through, and I did not. (I was too busy banging Ashley :pervert: )

For anyone going for another playthrough I advise you rescue Liara after completing Novaria and Feros. Let's just say that her dialog is VERY interesting. >_>

Hmmm...I saved her after doing Noveria and Feros first time around, and I don't remember anything in her dialog of note...

Although, many people had 'relations' with her their first time through, and I did not. (I was too busy banging Ashley :pervert: )

Edited by Drifter_2000

I did Virmine. Like the game to that point, it was good, then you meet the force in the base with Captain Karrahe (sp) and the rest of that planet is off the fucking charts awesome. Took me hours to complete. but I fucking loved every minute of it, and Mass Effect may have become my favourite game in years because of that. There are just plenty of great moments, great fights and great dialogue on that planet, its untrue. I'm doing Noveria now, it's going to seem so boring in comparison. I also want to do a few of the side quests before I advance further. Anyway, more on Virmine:

The first gret bit is the stand off with Wrex, that is awesome. You can see his side of it so much, and I feared the only way out of the stand off would be a tragic one. Then the sheer ammount of awkward fights is immense it just throws them at you one after the other, and the finale with deciding between Kaiden and Ashley and fighting the sodding geth prime is gripping and tense as hell. Then Saren appears, and I was geninuely upset because I thought I'd led events to end the game early, and I wanted it to go on.

This game is just brilliant.

As for parties, Ashley is always in (I WILL nail her >_>), and then I aternate between Wrex and Garrus. I used Kaiden a little, but he dies if there's a slight breeze. Garrus only dies slightly less, but he's far more competant a fighter, and he gets the cool vote. I haven't even used the others to so much as walk around the presidium with.

I've doubled my play time today, to around eleven hours. With Noveria still to go, whatever comes of that, and with all the millions of (what have been) good, engaging side-quests to complete, not to mention time scanning each planet for materials and charting worlds, I think I could get lost for hours completing this properly, I can't see how people have run through it.

Edited by James timMAYy

Virmire is, hands down, the best planet in the game. I did it after Novaria, Feros, and Therum (I think it's called) my first time through and was enjoying it...not really blown away though.

The revelation that Sovereign was actually a Reaper was great. After reading the book and having the fact built towards the whole game I still didn't see that coming. First meeting with Saren was epic, made even more epic by the choice of saving either Ashley or Kaiden. I had known about the choice (or sort of) from the trailer but I was still torn. I saved Ashley (romancing her, you all know how it is ;)) but when I got on the Normandy afterwards with the sad music and seeing Kaiden's normal place on the ship empty...I felt kind of guilty.

Bioware are the masters, no doubt about that.

Virmire is, hands down, the best planet in the game. I did it after Novaria, Feros, and Therum (I think it's called) my first time through and was enjoying it...not really blown away though.

The revelation that Sovereign was actually a Reaper was great. After reading the book and having the fact built towards the whole game I still didn't see that coming. First meeting with Saren was epic, made even more epic by the choice of saving either Ashley or Kaiden. I had known about the choice (or sort of) from the trailer but I was still torn. I saved Ashley (romancing her, you all know how it is ;)) but when I got on the Normandy afterwards with the sad music and seeing Kaiden's normal place on the ship empty...I felt kind of guilty.

Bioware are the masters, no doubt about that.

Shepard is a fucking tank with the Spectre shotgun. Even the Armature's drop in a few shots when you use Carnage. Fuck sniper rifles, and no thats not just because I chose Vanguard by mistake >_>

I'm just finishing off Feros before I move onto Virmire. Team is always Ashley and Wrex, unless I need to crack open a locker or something, then I bring Tali. I used to die a lot, early on but the battles have become so much more fun once you get to the good weapons. Ashley on Sniper, Wrex on Assault and me on the Shotty, all Spectre weapons = unstoppable. I don't even bother with biotics anymore. I still have really shitty armour though, is there a place to get top of the line stuff or do you just have to wait for the req officer to get stuff in?

Where can I find Capt. Matsuo on Noveria? I've agreed to help the Turian chap get some data discs from his offices in return for a garage pass, but whatever I say the guards in that area always fire on me. I don't want to kill them, so I plan on telling Matsuo what her guards are up to, in the hope she'll storm up there and order them away. But I can't find her.

I killed them anyway. After the fight she bumps into you (I can't remember if it's back at the docking bit) and asks you if you knew anything about her dead officers. I told her I killed them because they were crooked and she accepted it, rather strangely easily. You might be able to get rid of them without a fight, but I couldn't find her at the docking port either so I just went in gung ho. But yeah, you're not going to get into trouble for killing them.

I killed them anyway. After the fight she bumps into you (I can't remember if it's back at the docking bit) and asks you if you knew anything about her dead officers. I told her I killed them because they were crooked and she accepted it, rather strangely easily. You might be able to get rid of them without a fight, but I couldn't find her at the docking port either so I just went in gung ho. But yeah, you're not going to get into trouble for killing them.

Just finished it, and it'll be a sham if anything like Assassins Creed gets GOTY because this is fucking it.

I was disappointed at first that I'd unknowingly talked Saren into suicide since I thought everything was building up to one big final fight, but then it came! And was still a bit disappointing. He either leapt around the walls like that type of Geth do, or he sat in one place and let me shoot him. Apart from that it was fantastic, Virmire was the best planet ever. I levelled up to 49 just on the last bit before Saren, so bleh, but I did every one of the sidequests possible so I clocked in somewhere around 35 hours.

Bring on DLC, and then bring on the sequals >_>

I just finished my first play through of this game and this is one of those rare games that only come around every so often, I loved pretty much everything about Mass Effect from beginning to end. I will be starting a new game soon to do some of the side quests I did not get around to and to make some different choices. Bring on the DLC and Mass Effect 2!

I agree that Virmire was the best planet in the game. The first meeting with Saren and the choice between Ashley and Kaiden was epic stuff. I let Kaiden bite the dust due to the Captains romance with Ashley. Kaiden’s death was not in vain because soon afterwards Captain Shepard got to hit it. I still felt guilty though. Another point in the game which I felt guilty was when I told Liara I was not interested in her and Ashley was the one for me, Poor Liara had a hard time throughout the course of the game.