Mass Effect (XBOX 360)

Reddaye

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest FWA-Owner

Okay I kind of stuck, well I kinda really don't know what to do next. I'm at the part where the Captain Anderson steps down, and Sheppard becomes the new captain (in Citadal.) Where do I do now after this? Do i use this time to tackle any side quests i haven't done?

Edited by FWA-Owner

Okay I kind of stuck, well I kinda really don't know what to do next. I'm at the part where the Captain Anderson steps down, and Sheppard becomes the new captain (in Citadal.) Where do I do now after this? Do i use this time to tackle any side quests i haven't done?

• 3 weeks later...

Well Bioware just announced the first of their DLC for Mass Effect. Credit to Chris Priestly of Bioware over that their official Mass Effect forums.

To date, over 1.6 million gamers have explored the engaging sci-fi universe of Mass Effect. Beginning on March 10, fans everywhere will be able to expand the “Mass Effect” experience with the release of the first ever downloadable content for the award-winning saga.

The Bring Down the Sky downloadable content pack will be released to Xbox LIVE Marketplace on Monday, March 10 at 2 a.m. PST, and will be available for 400 MS points. This is the first in a series of planned downloadable content that further expands the Mass Effect universe and continues the adventures of Commander Shepard and the Normandy crew.

Bring Down the Sky includes a new uncharted world that introduces the notorious and feared alien race of the Batarians. A Batarian extremist group has hijacked a mobile asteroid station in the Asgard system, setting it on a collision course with the nearby colony world of Terra Nova. Only Commander Shepard can save the millions of innocent civilians before the asteroid completes its deadly descent.

Bring Down the Sky contains approximately 90 minutes of heart-pounding action and a new Achievement worth 50 Gamerscore points.

Mass Effect is exclusively available on Xbox 360 and is rated M for Mature by the ESRB.

• 3 years later...

Holy thread resurrection Batman! .

So, after buying the game around the time it came out, I finally went back to it recently to try and finish it.

Initially, I was annoyed by the shooting side of things. I found the cross-hair to be unresponsive and, well, shit. Then I realised it was to do with the skill level with that weapon. :wub:

But yeah, what a great game. I think it's definitely one of those that's gets better the further in you get - especially some of the planets. Vermire is quality, as is Ilos. I quite liked Feros and Noveria too.

As for some of the key decisions:

Wrex lived, and I chose Ashley

:)

. Generally I tried to play as 'Paragon' as possible, though I unwittingly picked up a few renegade points on the way.

Btw, did anyone ever use Liara, Kaden or Talya? I found Garrus and Williams were generally the best squad mates to have, occasionally changing in Wrex if you needed someone a bit more melee based.

I know the Mako got a lot of stick, but by the end of the game I'd gotten used to the controls and it was fine.

I only really have 2 main gripes. Firstly, the team mate AI (whilst not bad usually), would occasionally have a sort of brain spasm - they fail to take cover, shoot each other in the back of the head, etc. It was also quite glitchy. I've lost track how many times Garrus merged with a wall >_>

The other (slight) gripe is how samey the side quests were. I mean, I never got bored of shooting shit, but I think there's only about 4 or 5 main variations and it got a little tedious after a while.

So, yeah, bring on ME2 :shifty:

Btw, did anyone ever use Liara, Kaden or Talya? I found Garrus and Williams were generally the best squad mates to have, occasionally changing in Wrex if you needed someone a bit more melee based.

Yes, I went all girl power when I made my evil female Shepard and pretty much went all the way with Liara and Tali, swapping in Ashley as needed. I then went sausage fest with the good guy male Shepard, Garrus and Wrex. I never voluntarily chose Kaiden and always left him behind as you'll know if you played my ME mafia game. Fuck that guy (Y)