Mass Effect (XBOX 360)

Reddaye

Thanks for that Rice, I appreciate it.

We've two days away from the official North American release and I just found out about the Mass Effect Experience site. Looks like a site set up by Microsoft and it's very interactive. Very cool stuff, check it out here:

Mass Effect Experience

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At first I didn't think much of this game, but lookig further into previews etc, it looks amazing and now is a must buy for me. But I currently have Assasin's Creed, Call of Duty 4, Halo 3 and SmackDown to play, it all seems to much.

And I still haven't completed Bio-Shock either. Man, that is so much money right there. :(

Well I picked my copy up today and I'm having a blast. This really is a masterpiece so far (just finished talking to the Council after gathering proof regarding Saren) although I'm only about three hours into it. The dialog system is a wonderful advancement over Bioware's previous efforts and really helps with the cinematic flow.

Only problems I'm having are a jittery frame rate and some texture pop-in. Thankfully the combat system is enjoyable, that's what I was expecting to dislike the most. Kudos to Bioware for crafting such an amazing world.

The worst of it all is that I've gotta leave for work in thirty minutes. Good God the next eight hours are going to be hell. BTW Rice, tell me about your Shepard. I'm interested to hear what other people have come up with for their Commander.

Well I picked my copy up today and I'm having a blast. This really is a masterpiece so far (just finished talking to the Council after gathering proof regarding Saren) although I'm only about three hours into it. The dialog system is a wonderful advancement over Bioware's previous efforts and really helps with the cinematic flow.

Only problems I'm having are a jittery frame rate and some texture pop-in. Thankfully the combat system is enjoyable, that's what I was expecting to dislike the most. Kudos to Bioware for crafting such an amazing world.

The worst of it all is that I've gotta leave for work in thirty minutes. Good God the next eight hours are going to be hell. BTW Rice, tell me about your Shepard. I'm interested to hear what other people have come up with for their Commander.

Jane Shepard, Spacer, Lone Survivor, Adept. Combat as an adept is kind of hard since you have low armor and can only wield a pistol. I get eaten alive if I don’t cast barrier before a big battle. Using Lift or Warp, then finishing people off feels godly though.

I also filled out my intimidation tree and because of that, I finished a side quest with just talking instead of fighting my way through it. It felt great being a badass threatening someone to get my way.

Edited by abundant

I'm torn on asking for this for Christmas. On one hand, I've heard it's the GOTY (not just on this site..), and that's it's an almost perfect game. But, on the other hand... I don't know what the fuck it's about, and what kind of game it is (RPG, Shoot 'Em Up, etc.)

Details? Convince me to ask for it.

Edge Shepard. Space Pirate. Ruthless. Infiltrator. My Shepard has a stone cold face. Blonde hair, black facial hair. Kinda goofy, but it fits. IMO of course.

I really like playing as this class cause I enjoy the tech powers and in addition to that, if you can pimp out your pistol and sniper stats, you can pick off your enemies from far away. Of course, when combat becomes close quarters, it's a totally different mindset as I am not capable of handling that. From there, it's just me throwing out overkill and grenades and trying to get some distance.

And I play my character just like I created it. Ruthless. Seriously, the decisions you can make during some of these missions... just brutal. When you guys get there, I'll tell you my choices. I'm anxious to see how you guys react, lol.

Edited by Riceman 4K