Mighty Boosh

YI

The one where the shamen talked about Glasto had me in tears.

I caught the Boosh from series one and I've never found it laugh out loud funny. It's just beautifully weird and quotable. It's not really about punchlines or big laughs IMO.

That said, the first series is still the best, purely because of Bob Fossil and Dixon Bainbridge (Matt Berry is class). Richard Ayoade from Garth Merenghi has had writing credits on the new series, so that could explain why its a bit different.

Edited by fineintent

You didn't miss much. In fact I've found the whole series to be pretty disappointing other than one or two moments, or the odd line. I quite enjoyed the first series, particularly the Hitcher episode (me and my uni mates quoted the rap on and off for about three months >_>). Second series was good, but it was a shame they did away with the introduction segments. And this series has just been...meh, the songs have been utter shite and they just seemed to be going for bizarre rather than random and funny.

Sadly not too impressed with last night though the pencil movie clip was good. ultimately the worst series so far which is a shame cos it started so well. Its almost like it's become a bit too self aware but hey it did give us stationary village which was all manner of genius - and some good scatting action.

I fucking loved it. Fuck you all. The 'acting' montage was great. And the gag of;

"Is he on the bill with you tonight"....is hands down one of the funniest things I've heard in a LONG time.

Yeah, definately not one of the best episodes, probably the 'worst' series too, but still amazing. Plus we got Bob Fossil, "Nice comeback!"

Edited by YI

I enjoyed it too, and am looking forward to a rewatch on DVD in a few months time (even though I saw a few of these 2 or 3 times through the beauty of BBC3 not having enough programs to fill its schedule. Note to BBC3: Show Fist of Fun repeats!!!!). As far as Naboo not having any funny lines, I've not had a more laugh out loud funny moment in any Boosh episode then the magic bottle bit on the party episode. The moon 'optician' bit from last week had me chuckling and 'Its whats inside that counts' has been circling around my head for two weeks now. Although I did catch a repeat of Charlie on Dave the other day, and that end bit is still the most disturbingly ace bit of TV ever.