Epic Movie Franchise Scenario

This is an EWR scenario I thought of trying to put together last year...its based on the premise of converting well-known, high-grossing movie franchises into promotions, and their characters into workers. I haven't noticed any scenarios like this, though there's a decent possibility something similar has been done. I'll give you some info of how I'm thinking it would play out.

Here's the tentative promotion list:

Harry Potter

Lord of the Rings

Underworld

Batman

X-Men

Star Wars (the original trilogy)

Pirates of the Caribbean

The Matrix

The idea is to think of franchises that have enough characters to fill a promotion in the game. This is usually the movies that take place in their own "universe," which is the case with all of the above, save X-Men and Batman.

I'd like to keep it to franchises consisting of at least three different movies. No Chronicles of Riddick, Kill Bill, etc. I'd also like to keep away from Shrek, Austin Powers, and other comedies.

The following are franchises that might be interesting, but I worry don't have enough characters to fill out a National or Global promotion: The Terminator, Jurassic Park, the Bourne trilogy, Ocean's, Rocky, Spider-Man, Mission: Impossible, and Die Hard. As for The Godfather and Blade, they might be interesting, but I don't personally have enough knowledge to undertake them. Let me know if there's something I've just outright forgotten, or if there's anything you'd like to see added.

Now for the workers. Here's how I'm thinking I'll use the stats. Comments and suggestions on this will be appreciated, as everything is kinda loose and unofficial.

Overness: How well-known and prominent the character is in our world (as opposed to the character's standing in their movie). Their relevance to pop-culture will also be taken into account. Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader, Harry Potter and Batman are the only characters I'd see getting a 100 rating. Their names and personalities are known worldwide.

Charisma: How well the character was portrayed by the actor/actress. Severus Snape, Han Solo, Morpheus and Captain Jack Sparrow would have very high charisma ratings. Meanwhile, characters like Princess Leia and Neo might suffer in this area, as these performances (arguably) failed to take their characters as far as they could go. This is pretty much all up to opinion, so there might be some trouble if this is indeed how charisma is used. Other suggestions are welcome.

Brawl: When all is said and done, how useful is the character in combat?

Speed: Physical speed, agility and quickness combined with intelligence, wit and problem-solving. There would be two different ways for characters to score high speed ratings, and they'd be marked by their better area: physical or mental. Hermione Granger and Wolverine would have high speed ratings, while Hagrid and Jaba the Hut would suffer in this area.

Technical: We'd pick a skill specific to each movie series, and rate the character by how adept they are with this skill. Off the top of my head, Harry Potter could be magical ability, Star Wars could be strength with the Force, Lord of the Rings could be mental toughness and perseverance, which seems to be a major theme. Another idea is to base the Speed rating only on physical speed, and to base the tech rating on the mental aspects specified above. Let me know what you think.

Selling: How good of a lyer and/or actor the character is, and how good they are with words. Severus Snape would score a high rating, as he must either be fooling Lord Voldemort or fooling Dumbledore, and either one is impressive. Jack Sparrow would also score a high rating, as he's constantly lying and negotiating to get whats good for him. The problem with this idea is that its unspecified for alot of characters. What would Storm's (X-Men) rating be, for example?

Trainer: Pretty straightforward, whether or not the character has ever been any sort of teacher or trainer. This is a surprisingly common theme, and there'd probably be some trainers in most promotions.

Booker: Whether or not the character has ever been in charge of a group of characters.

Fonz Factor, Superstar Look and Menacing are pretty self-explanatory. Ideas are needed for High Spots, Announcer, Shooting Ability, Stiffness, Behaviour and Attitude, and Wages.

Tag teams will exist for any two characters with a very close relationship. I'll even try to add past tag teams that would now be inactive, like Gandalf and Saurumon, or Professor X and Magneto.

Stables are pretty simple...any group of characters united for whatever reason. Death Eaters, The Rebellion (Star Wars), the X-Men, the Fellowship of the Ring, etc.

I don't know what to do with title belts, and I'm thinking this would work best with relationships thrown out altogether, as they'd end up getting in the way. You're going to want to book Neo against Agent Smith, but you'll have morale problems as they'd have a Hate relationship.

That's it for now. PLEASE POST, even if its just to say you're interested. Questions, comments, whatever else, its all welcome. Everything is in it's initial stage right now, so this can be molded by your ideas. Thanks for reading. (Y)

Edited by AboveAverage

Mortal Kombat is a great idea! That completely slipped my mind. I'll have to find a way to get my hands on those movies again.

My problem with the Bond movies is that there's really only one strong Face character. Over the years they've piled up a huge number of Heels, but its the same protagonist in every movie. I'm not sure there'd be enough characters to fill a promotion.

We may run into a similar problem with Kill Bill, although you're right, those are two awesome movies. An idea I had was to create a promotion called 'Quentin Tarantino Films' or something like that, and actually combine 3-4 of Tarantino's works into one promotion. That might work as he's done crossovers before...for example, Travolta's character in Pulp Fiction is actually the brother of Mr. Blonde, Michael Madsen's character in Reservoir Dogs. Do you think that would work?

EDIT: Oh, and Blade has likely been added to the promotions list. I caught the original on TV last night, and I've seen the third one. I can probably read up on Blade II and fill in the blanks.

Edited by AboveAverage

How about the Dead Series (Night, Dawn, Day, Land), and maybe even the remakes?

As for Zombie names, you could have, "Zombie 1, Zombie 2 (etc.), or random people names.

Also, I suggest the Univeral Monster movies (Frankenstein, Dracula, Wolf-man, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Dracula, etc.), and the Die Hard series.

I'm not sure about The Dead movies, but the Universal Horror series is another good idea. I can't say I've seen those movies, though, and I don't believe there's a compilation I could pick up...if you or someone else were up to making the stats, I'd be open to adding it.

When reading about Universal Horror on wikipedia, I found another series I'd missed: the recent The Mummy trilogy. What's EWR without The Rock, anyway?

Another idea to improve on this is to combine movies based on DC Comics characters (characters from only Batman and Superman, as to my knowledge those are the only movies) into one promotion, and movies based on Marvel Comics characters (characters from Captain America, X-Men, Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, The Punisher, Daredevil, Hulk and Ghost Rider) into another promotion.

The work-in-progress promotions list would look like this:

Harry Potter

Lord of the Rings

Underworld

The Mummy

Blade

Pirates of the Caribbean

Marvel Comics

DC Comics

Quentin Tarantino Films

Mortal Kombat

Star Wars

The Matrix

An update, I've been doing some research, and I've put together rosters for Harry Potter and Pirates of the Caribbean so far. I'd say I'm about halfway through the Potter roster in terms of creating the characters in the editor. To the right of the character's name is their Disposition, Gimmick and Overness. Here's how my plans look at the moment.

Harry Potter

Albus Dumbledore - Face, Mentor, 96

Argus Filch - Heel, Enforcer, 66

Arthur Weasley - Face, Weirdo, 74

Bellatrix Lestrange - Heel, Psycho, 78

Cho Chang - Face, Girl-Next-Door, 67

Crabbe - Heel, Lackey, 63

Dean Thomas - Face, Old School Face, 54

Dementor #1 - Heel, Supernatural, 74

Dementor #2 - Heel, Supernatural, 74

Dolores Umbridge - Heel, Troublemaker, 80

Draco Malfoy - Heel, Arrogant, 82

Dudley Dursley - Heel, High Society, 70

Firenze - Face, Mysterious, 72

Fleur Delacour - Face, Foreign Star, 64

Fred Weasley - Face, Fun Babyface, 77

George Weasley - Face, Fun Babyface, 77

Ginny Weasley - Face, Old School Face, 70

Goyle - Heel, Lackey, 63

Hagrid - Face, BFG, 82

Harry Potter - Face, Hero, 100

Hermione Granger - Face, Tomboy, 86

Igor Karkaroff - Heel, Harsh German, 66

Kingsley Shacklebolt - Face, Law Enforcer, 70

Lee Jordan - Face, Fun Babyface, 56

Lord Voldemort - Heel, Cult Leader, 95

Lucius Malfoy - Heel, Arrogant, 73

Luna Lovegood - Face, Weirdo, 71

Madam Maxime - Face, BFG, 62

Madam Pomfrey - Face, Staff Member, 63

Mad-Eye Moody - Face, Loner, 74

McNair - Heel, Evil, 60

Molly Weasley - Face, ???, 78

Neville Longbottom - Face, Putz, 73

Percy Weasley - Heel, Obnoxious, 68

Professor Flitwick - Face, Staff Member, 62

Professor McGonagall - Face, Enforcer, 79

Professor Sprout - Face, Staff Member, 63

Professor Trelawney - Face, Freak, 72

Remus Lupin - Face, Mentor, 81

Rita Skeeter - Heel, Journalist, 64

Ron Weasley - Face, Unlucky, 88

Seamus Finnigan - Face, Old School Face, 59

Severus Snape - Tweener, Loner, 86

Sirius Black - Face, Loner, 86

Tonks - Face, Tomboy, 70

Uncle Vernon - Heel, Bully, 73

Viktor Krum - Tweener, Foreign Star, 72

Wormtail - Heel, Servant, 75

NON-WRESTLERS

Aunt Petunia - Heel, Obnoxious, 72

Cornelius Fudge - Tweener, Bumbling Englishman, 74

Dobby - Face, Fun Babyface, 77

Fawkes - Face, Supernatural, 71

Grawp - Face, BFG, 65

Kreacher - Heel, Punk, 68

Moaning Myrtle - Tweener, Crazy, 63

Nearly Headless Nick - Face, Fun Babyface, 60

Pirates of the Caribbean

Anamaria - Face, 60, Tomboy

Barbossa - Tweener, 83, Unique

Bootstrap Bill Turner - Face, 72, Man On A Mission

Bo'sun - 59, Heel, Monster

Capt. Jack Sparrow - Face, Unique, 94

Clanker - Heel, Evil, 57

Cotton - Face, Fun Babyface, 64

Davey Jones - Heel, Cult Leader, 80

Elizabeth Swann - Face, Inspirational Leader, 87

Gibbs - Face, Trash, 76

Governor Weatherby Swann - Face, Bumbling Englishman, 75

Grapple - Heel, Pirate, 54

Hadras - Heel, Evil, 58

James Norrington - Tweener, Unique, 79

Jimmylegs - Heel, Psycho, 60

Koehler - Heel, Pirate, 59

Koleniko - Heel, Evil, 57

Leech - Tweener, Cowardly, 61

LeJon - Face, No Gimmick Needed, 59

Lord Beckett - Heel, Whole Damn Show, 84

Maccus - 62, Heel, Sidekick

Mallot - Heel, Pirate, 56

Marty - Face, Underdog, 70

Mercer - Heel, 71, Hired Gun

Mullroy - Face, Comedy Character, 66

Murtogg - Face, Comedy Character, 66

Palifico - Heel, Bodyguard, 58

Pintel - Tweener, Comedy Character, 73

Ragetti - Tweener, Comedy Character, 74

Sao Feng - Tweener, Foreign Royalty, 74

Tai Huang - Tweener, Foreign Star, 58

Teague - Face, Loner, 73

Tia Dalma - Face, Voodoo, 77

Twigg - Heel, Pirate, 58

William Turner - Face, Hero, 86

NON-WRESTLERS

Giselle - Tweener, Comedy Character, 60

Jack the Monkey - Face, Comedy Character, 66

Scarlett - Tweener, Comedy Character, 61

The Kraken - Heel, Monster, 78

Edited by AboveAverage

I know that this is your scenario AboveAverage.

However i thought i could offer some ideas/suggestions as far as the X-Men list is conserned and so here are my suggestions for them.

Faces

Faction: X-Men

Logan/Wolvorine (Man Beast)

Profressor Xaviar (mentor)

Jean Grey (tomboy)

Cyclops (old school face)

Storm (girl power)

Rogue (loner)

Kitty Pryde/Shadowcat (blue chipper)

Ice Man teen (idol)

Jubilee (blue chipper)

Nightcralwer (pacifist)

Colossus (monster)

Beast (pacifist/man-beast)

Angel (blue chipper)

Heels

Faction:The Brother Hood Of Mutants

Magneto (Man On A Mission/Cult Leader/Evil)

Sabertooth (monster)

Toad (freak/weirdo)

Mystique (mysterious/chameleon/tomboy/girl power)

Pyro (pyro maniac)

The Pheonix (evil)

Juggernaut (demon)

Callisto (bitch)

Multiple Man (cocky)

Leech (lacky/sidekick)

Humans

Senator Kelly heel/tweener (Authority Figure/commissioner)

William Striker heel (amred forces)

Mitchelle Laurio heel (corrupt law enforcer)

Deathstrike lackey/sidekick (I know she’s a mutant however she works for Striker)

Like i said these are just my own personal idea that i figured i would offer to try and help you.

If you like them great if not that's cool too.

I'm really looking forward to playing this scenario when it's done.

Like i said before AboveAverage I know that this is your scenario.

However i thought i could offer some more ideas/suggestions as far as the Batman list is conserned.

I tried to do the same for both Star Wars and The Matrix however i found that a little too hard.

Anyway here are my suggestions for the Batman list.

Batman

Faces

Batman (comic book hero/old school face/hero)

Robin (comic book hero/old school face/hero)

Bat Girl Face (comic book hero/tomboy/girl power)

Heels

Joker (evil clown)

Carl Grissom (Underworld)

Lt. Eckhart (corupt law enforcer)

Bob the Goon (lackey/sidekick)

Penguin (loner/mysterious/old school heel)

Max Shreck (city slicker/high society/underworld/rich snob/old school heel/man on a mission/executive consulant)

Two-Face (split personality)

Riddler (weirdo/freak)

Mr. Freeze (comic book villan)

Poison Ivy (bitch/tomboy/girl power)

Bane (demon/lackey/sidekick)

Henri Ducard (man on a mission)

Scarecrow ((evil)

Ra’s Al Ghul (man on a mission)

Faces?/Tweeners?/Heels? (in other words i don't know which side these guys should be on if either)

Commissioner Gordon Face/Tweener (law enforcer/authority figure)

Alfred Face/Tweener (mentor/servent)

Alexander Knox Face/Tweener (journalist)

Catwoman Face/Tweener/Heel (tomboy/girl power/bitch)

Gossip Gerty Face/Tweener (journalist)

Like i said these are just my own personal ideas that i figured i would offer to try and help you.

If you like them that's great if not that's cool too.