Epic Movie Franchise Scenario

Regarding promotions, I'm going to have a strict rule that all promotions must include at least 2 films. The idea is to have the biggest movie franchises up against each other, so stand-alone films don't really have a place. Bit of an update with promotions, the Tarantino/Rodriguez promotion has been split into a Tarantino compilation (which will include Pulp Fiction, Rez Dogs, Kill Bill, and probably From Dusk Till Dawn), and an El Mariachi promotion to represent Rodriguez. The Ocean's Series and The Terminator have tentatively been added to the promotions list, bringing us to a total of 15 at the moment:

Technically, From Dusk Til Dawn is a Rodriguez movie, unless you're specifically isolating the Mexico trilogy.

• 4 weeks later...

Well...huh. Its sure been a long time. I see the board this was posted on doesn't even exist anymore...

Anybody out there still interested in this?

I apologize for my abrupt disappearance, to those of you who were excited about it. I actually ended up traveling through Israel (and unexpectedly India) for the last 2 months or so. Great trip, lot of fun, some amazing experiences...unfortunately, EWR wasn't the first thing on my mind.

I really wish I could've gotten a post up before I left explaining the situation, but plans for the trip only became concrete a couple of weeks before I left, and that unfortunately didn't happen.

I've been back for about two weeks or so, and have picked up work on this again. I finished up Star Wars (something like 74 workers), and I'm about halfway through DC Comics. I'd like to reiterate that I'm certain this will be finished sooner or later. I hope there's still some interest out there.

Just thought I'd let you guys know this is still going ahead. Anybody still listening? :)

Some smaller feds are needed...can't think of any specific ones off the top of my head

The amount of money a film/series has made needs to be reflected in the amount of money each fed has

Great job, a very interesting idea!

Regarding smaller feds, I do remember I planned out what level each of the 15 promotions currently planned would be, and a few of them were as low as Cult. Not sure anything smaller than that is needed?

Regarding money, you're right. We'll have to figure out a way to implement that.

Again, sorry for the abrupt disappearance...hope people are still interested.

I am indeed interested. And I think SykoD is onto something. I know you have the 15 or so promotions with their characters, but for movies that haven't been included as a promotion, are you going to add some of their characters as free agents? As SykoD said, Predator, Jigsaw etc.

I'm still very interessted :)

May I make one suggestion?

How about changing Jack Sparrows gimmick from Unique to Fun Drunk?

With his charisma, he should propell into Unique very quickly anyways :)

Are you gonna include the Robocop series? You already have the Terminator series.

Also the Predator, Xenomorph, Jigsaw, Hannibal lector have to be friee agents or something :pervert:

I am indeed interested. And I think SykoD is onto something. I know you have the 15 or so promotions with their characters, but for movies that haven't been included as a promotion, are you going to add some of their characters as free agents? As SykoD said, Predator, Jigsaw etc.

The thing is, I kind of have my mind set on finishing these 15 promotions that have been chosen, and getting this thing released. I may end up continuing to work on the scenario after its finished, eventually releasing some sort of second edition with more promotions and a free agent pool. But for now I want to get this thing done and get it out there, cause by the looks of it there are some people who really want to play it as soon as possible.

Along those lines, regarding ideas for promotions in general: unless there's something out there nobody's thought of that this game just needs, new ideas will have a tough time getting into the game (or at least the initial release). The only way they'll get in is if we run into some problem while creating one of the 15 promotions already chosen (such as not having enough workers or not having a face/heel ratio even close to even, either of which could happen with promotions like Terminator and Matrix).

I'm interested...keep going man!

Definitely interested in this, keep it up!

I wanna play EWR, but I'm bored of wrestling.. so I would love to play this, finish 'er up man.

I'm still very interessted :)

Glad to see the enthusiasm. I'm doing what I can to get this scenario out there for you. (Y)

May I make one suggestion?

How about changing Jack Sparrows gimmick from Unique to Fun Drunk?

With his charisma, he should propell into Unique very quickly anyways :)

You certainly may make a suggestion, and thats a good one. That change may well be made if there are no objections.

I really wanted to give him the Guru gimmick. The description seems to fit him perfectly: "This worker portrays a guru, whose fast-talking and persuasive

tongue get him what he wants." Thats exactly how Jack gets what he wants. And on top of that, one of the requirements of the gimmick is 80+ charisma, so you know his high charisma would be utilized. Alas, the gimmick requires a Heel or Tweener disposition, and it would have been a bit of a stretch to make Jack a Tweener as he's pretty clearly a Face in the 2nd and 3rd movies. Unable to think of anything else, I went with Unique, but Fun Drunk could work well also.

DC Comics is just about finished, meaning 5 down and 10 to go. Marvel is likely next. Hopefully promotions will be banged out quicker as as we get to the franchises with smaller rosters. DC went pretty quickly. I'll keep ya guys posted. :)

Edited by AboveAverage

Do you have an updated roster so far?

Because this sounds extremely interesting and I'm looking to help out in any way to make it even the slightest bit more interesting. Also then maybe I could help you out with some other characters, but I'm not sure.

Anyway I'm looking forward to when it's completed, keep it up.

Do you have an updated roster so far?

Because this sounds extremely interesting and I'm looking to help out in any way to make it even the slightest bit more interesting. Also then maybe I could help you out with some other characters, but I'm not sure.

Anyway I'm looking forward to when it's completed, keep it up.

Well I'd rather not upload any more data...I trust enough has been shown that nobody thinks this is some kinda hoax. Potter, LOTR and Pirates can be found elsewhere in this thread (sans some minor changes/additions/subtractions). The Star Wars characters have already been created in the editor, and the list has been deleted, so you'll just have to wait to see that one. ;)

DC Comics (which is finished) and Marvel Comics (which I'm just starting) are in spoiler tags below. Characters from Incredible Hulk and Iron Man will be added when those films are released on DVD, as with my job at a video store, I didn't bother to see 'em in the theatre. The workers are seperated by their specific film series.

DC Comics

NEW BATMAN

Alfred - Face, Old School Face, 86

Batman - Face, Hero, 100

Carmine Falcone - Heel, Mafia, 70

Commissioner Gillian G. Loeb - Face, Law Enforcer, 61

Detective Flass - Heel, Corrupt Law Enforcer, 67

Detective Ramirez - Tweener, Law Enforcer, 64

Detective Stephens - Face, Law Enforcer, 63

Detective Wuertz - Heel, Corrupt Law Enforcer, 59

Gambol - Heel, Mafia, 69

Harvey Two-Face - Heel, Man On A Mission, 87

Henri Ducard - Heel, Genius, 71

Jim Gordon - Face, Law Enforcer, 80

Lau - Heel, Executive Consultant, 69

Lucius Fox - Face, Cool, 73

Mayor Anthony Garcia - Face, Authority Figure, 59

Mike Engel - Face, Journalist, 55

Ra's al Ghul - Heel, Cult Leader, 66

Rachel Dawes - Face, Girl Next Door, 74

Sal Maroni - Heel, Mafia, 68

Scarecrow - Heel, Genius, 72

The Chechen - Heel, Mafia, 65

The Joker - Heel, Evil Clown, 97

OLD BATMAN

Alexander Knox - Face, Journalist, 68

Bane - Heel, Monster, 72

Batgirl - Face, Hero, 78

Bob the Goon - Heel, Sidekick, 72

Carl Grissom - Heel, Mafia, 70

Catwoman - Tweener, Unique, 84

Dr. Chase Meridian - Face, Old School Face, 67

Lieutenant Max Eckhardt - Heel, Corrupt Law Enforcer, 68

Max Shreck - Heel, That 80's Guy, 70

Mr. Freeze - Heel, Man On A Mission, 82

Poison Ivy - Heel, Seductress, 79

Robin - Face, Hero, 87

The Penguin - Heel, Weirdo, 82

The Riddler - Heel, Freak, 81

Vicki Vale - Face, Journalist, 72

SUPERMAN

General Zod - Heel, Royalty, 77

Gus Gorman - Face, Underdog, 73

Jason White - Face, Blue Chipper, 50

Jimmy Olsen - Face, Journalist, 77

Jor-El - Face, Mentor, 78

Kitty Kowalski - Heel, High Society, 61

Lana Lang - Face, Girl-Next-Door, 74

Lara Lor-Van - Face, Old School Face, 63

Lex Luthor - Heel, Genius, 88

Lois Lane - Face, Journalist, 92

Lorelei Ambrosia - Heel, Valley Girl, 52

Miss Teschmacher - Heel, High Society, 62

Non - Heel, Enforcer, 71

Nuclear Man - Heel, Ice Man, 64

Otis - Heel, Putz, 66

Perry White - Face, Journalist, 75

Richard White - Face, Old School Face, 62

Ross Webster - Heel, That 80's Guy, 71

Supergirl - Face, Hero, 76

Superman - Face, Hero, 100

Ursa - Heel, Evil, 70

Vera Webster - Heel, Bitch, 67

Marvel Comics

X-MEN

Angel - Face, Clean Cut

Archlight - Heel, Degenerate

Beast - Face, Pacifist

Callisto - Heel, Degenerate

Colossus - Face, Monster

Cyclops - Face, Hero

Dr. Worthington - Heel, Censor

Ice Man - Face, Blue Chipper

Jean Grey - Face, Hero

Jimmy / Leech - Tweener, Unique

Juggernaut - Heel, Monster

Kitty Pride - Face, Blue Chipper

Lady Deathstrike - Heel, Servant

Magneto - Heel, Evolution

Multiple Man - Heel, Magician

Mystique - Heel, Impressionist

Nightcrawler - Face, Mysterious

Professor Xavier - Face, Coach

Psylocke - Heel, Degenerate

Pyro - Heel, Angry Young Man

Quill - Heel, Degenerate

Rogue - Face, Blue Chipper

Sabretooth - Heel, Savage

Senator Robert Kelly - Heel, Censor

Storm - Face, Hero

Toad - Heel, Punk

William Stryker - Heel, Evil

Wolverine - Face, Badass

SPIDER-MAN

Aunt May - Face, Mentor

Betty Brant - Face, Secretary

Doctor Octopus - Heel, Man On A Mission

Dr. Curt Connors - Face, Coach

Green Goblin - Heel, Crazy

Gwen Stacy - Face, Cheerleader

Harry Osborn - Tweener, Unique

J. Jonah Jameson - Tweener, Comedy Character

John Jameson - Face, All-American

Joseph "Robbie" Robertson - Face, Journalist

Mary Jane - Face, Girl-Next-Door

Sandman - Heel, Man On A Mission

Spider-Man - Face, Hero

Uncle Ben - Face, Mentor

Venom - Heel, Evil

FANTASTIC FOUR

Alicia Masters - Face, Old School Face

Captain Frankie Raye - Face, Armed Forces

Dr. Doom - Heel, Evil

General Hager - Tweener, Armed Forces

Human Torch - Face, Cocky

Invisible Woman - Face, Hero

Mr. Fantastic - Face, Hero

Silver Surfer - Tweener, Mysterious

The Thing - Face, Enforcer

DAREDEVIL

Ben Urich - Tweener, Journalist

Bullseye - Heel, Hired Gun

Daredevil - Face, Hero

Elektra - Face, Martial Arts

Foggy Nelson - Face, Fun Babyface

The Kingpin - Heel, Underworld

GHOST RIDER

Abigor - Heel, Demon

Blackheart - Heel, Supernatural

Caretaker - Face, Informer

Ghost Rider - Face, Demon

Gressil - Heel, Demon

Mephistopheles - Heel, Supernatural

Roxanne Simpson - Face, Girl-Next-Door

Wallow - Heel, Demon

THE PUNISHER

Bobby Saint - Heel, Family Guy

Howard Saint - Heel, Mafia

John Saint - Heel, Family Guy

The Punisher - Face, Man On A Mission

Edited by AboveAverage

Just had look... Looks very good thus far. Keep it up.

I've noticed that Mystique has the "impressionist" gimmick, which is cool enough, but "chameleon" might work better?

I really like the lists of the DC and Marvel Promotions, of course they could be better with Iron Man and Hulk, but as you said you didn't bother to see them, which is fine by me. There's no rush for them anyway, I mean, it does sound like you plan on continuing with this for a while now, and I know everyone is very appreciative of it, so those characters can just be added later.

I also looked back over some of the other rosters posted and so far, after a quick glance, I have no problems with it. It is really shaping up to be an AWESOME scenario, keep it up AboveAverage!

I must say, this is looking to be an excellent scenario. I've been tinkering with doing a similar scenario based on Nintendo characters. I like what you've done though. I know you said the Star Wars Promotion's list had been deleted, but is there any way to get to see a list of the workers for that one?

Also, shouldn't Mr. Freeze's and Pyro's gimmicks be Ice Man and Pyromaniac respectively?

• 1 year later...

what about war movies? , for like, the really low promotions..

--

with james bond, it would have to be the actor who potrayed him in that movie?

--

why not both the original and the other star wars..

--

why not the twilight series ?, could work.. have the characters the way everybody wanted them,

--

Why not some tv shows aswel, that were based on movies, like buffy the vampire slayer .. though it doesnt have that much of a franchise..

--

aliens movie? , Predator , Terminator , which also had a tv show, so it gives extra characters aswel , the a-team, movie and tv show..

transformers even ? , men in black ? , iron man ? , indiania jones? , troy , saving private ryan , jaws , 300 , gladiator , pearl harbor , mission impossible ..

Okay, http://www.imdb.com/boxoffice/alltimegross?region=world-wide i got to 100 and gave up..