Louis

Manute

Senator Roark

Jacky Boy

Yellow Bastard

Kevin

Ajedrez

General Marquez

That would be a great one, especially since you get Desperado, Sin City, From Dusk Till Dawn, Once Upon a Time in Mexico and Planet Terror.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

As work has continued on the workers I've begun to wonder exactly how certain things will work, so I'd like to see if there are some ideas out there.

-Do you think that the names of the promotions should be simply the name of the movie series (Harry Potter, Star Wars, Pirates of the Caribbean, Lord of the Rings, etc.), or should the promotions be portrayed as actual wrestling companies (for example, maybe Magical Dueling League, Empire Sponsored Wrestling, East India Wrestling Company, Lords of the Ring, etc.)?

The difference being that with the first option, I'm not sure what to do with stuff like Titles and Events...but if the promotions are actual entertainment companies, there's no problem with just kinda making up names for that stuff. Let me know what you think.

-Also, I've been trying to figure out how the Television section can be handled. Perhaps the film production companies could be the in-game TV networks, and the individual films (or lines of films, for more broad promotions like Marvel) could be the television programs. For example, Lord of the Rings would have three TV shows, Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers and Return of the King, all on the New Line Cinema network...just need to figure out how to determine days of the week and timeslots for the shows, and TV ratings for the networks. How does this sound?

-Thirdly, the Staff section...I've been thinking that it would simply be left blank, causing the game to create its own Staff pool, and forcing the player to sign up his own complete Staff. My only other idea was to do something like taking everyone who worked on a film's music and making them medics, taking all stuntmen and making them referees, etc. My only problem with this is I'd just be plucking random names off a list of people who worked on a movie, and wouldn't know what Talent level to give them. Would people prefer the game to create it's own Staff pool, or random names of real movie staff members with randomized Talent ratings? Thoughts?

That's about it for now. Progress has been better now that my classes have settled into a routine...Lord of the Rings is now done, and we're onto Star Wars. If anyone is interested in seeing the data, I'd again be glad to upload it. Thanks for reading. :)

Edited by AboveAverage

I had a thought for titles, perhaps they could be like achievements or titles they can have in the actual films? Like in Pirates of the Caribbean it could be Captain of the Black Pearl (or Flying Dutchman), and Star Wars like Ruler of the Galaxy, Emporer, etc. It could add to the movie effect where control of a certain thing can switch and you can have anybody you want to 'Rule the Galaxy'.

Just a suggestion from a very tired mind.

• 1 month later...

I just came across this topic and was wondering how the updates and such are going if its still going ahead, I hope that it is...

If you are still interested in suggestion I think a staff pool of people who worked on the films would be great but then again would be hard work for you, so I suppose it comes down to whatever you want to do for that one...

I also reckon that your idea with the movie being the show and the film production company being the network was an excellent idea so you should stick with that! :)

And finally earlier I saw someone post something about Transformers, I think you could put together a promotion for that and just have it a smaller roster and smaller production, if thats what you want to do

Keep up the good work

I just came across this topic and was wondering how the updates and such are going if its still going ahead, I hope that it is...

If you are still interested in suggestion I think a staff pool of people who worked on the films would be great but then again would be hard work for you, so I suppose it comes down to whatever you want to do for that one...

I also reckon that your idea with the movie being the show and the film production company being the network was an excellent idea so you should stick with that! :)

And finally earlier I saw someone post something about Transformers, I think you could put together a promotion for that and just have it a smaller roster and smaller production, if thats what you want to do

Keep up the good work

Great to see someone interested, as by the time this is done with, I'll have put an immense amount of effort into it. Thanks for reading all my nonsense... ^_^

Regarding promotions, I'm going to have a strict rule that all promotions must include at least 2 films. The idea is to have the biggest movie franchises up against each other, so stand-alone films don't really have a place. Bit of an update with promotions, the Tarantino/Rodriguez promotion has been split into a Tarantino compilation (which will include Pulp Fiction, Rez Dogs, Kill Bill, and probably From Dusk Till Dawn), and an El Mariachi promotion to represent Rodriguez. The Ocean's Series and The Terminator have tentatively been added to the promotions list, bringing us to a total of 15 at the moment:

Blade

DC Comics

El Mariachi

Harry Potter

Lord of the Rings

Marvel Comics

The Matrix

Mortal Kombat

The Mummy

Ocean's Trilogy

Pirates of the Caribbean

Quentin Tarantino Compilation

Star Wars

The Terminator

Underworld

Progress had slowed down for awhile due to my taking about a month off from this as I began my college career this semester, but its been picked up again. Star Wars (with its annoyingly big roster) is almost complete, haven't yet decided which one I'll take on next.

By the way, I've just about knocked out most of the biggest franchises, and my main sources have been Wikipedia pages devoted to listing the characters that appear in the films...if there are any big fans of some of these other ones (Pirates, LOTR, Star Wars and Potter are okay) who know where I might find a list of characters, it'd be great if you could share a link...I haven't yet checked how well Wikipedia covers all of these.

Regarding staff, still undecided on how it will be handled. I could just pull off random names of people who worked on the movies, but I'd have no idea what their stats should look like.

I'm also thinking more and more that the promotions should be made to look like actual wrestling companies, with the Titles and Events being named as such. Someone had an idea that Titles could be achievements characters can get in their movies, which would work great for something like Lord of the Rings (titles could be Ringbearer, Ruler of Gondor, Ruler of Rohan, etc.) but it would be hard to decide what to use for some of the other promotions, like the Comics, Matrix, Mummy, Tarantino, Underworld, Blade, etc.

Don't hesitate to post your thoughts. :)

Edited by AboveAverage

• 1 month later...

I was gonna say you could try adding in street fighter...it was a movie as well, a crappy one, but it has tons of characters and could be a stand alone fed rival with marvel comics(Marvel vs Capcom in the EWR world).

• 4 weeks later...