NCAA Football Playoff System

OGpistolpete

And to DMN, alright I don't want to argue. I'm just saying though. Right USC did beat out ASU outright, but USC was 40 point favorites over Stanford and lost. And they lost to Oregon. Same as ASU, but they lost to USC. Sure USC wins the conference, but I'm just saying if they truly are the best in their division, why couldn't they beat Stanford, a game they SHOULD have won?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michigan cant defend a spread offense with mobile qb. Russians overlooked the Americans as it was the semi final game. and ali was a cocky bastard, it got the best of him sometimes, and then he got old.

Do I win?

honesty though, anyone can beat anyone else in sports. it happens. if we could do everything on paper, we wouldn't play the game.

Edited by buck44

Guest J-Money808

Michigan cant defend a spread offense with mobile qb. Russians overlooked the Americans as it was the semi final game. and ali was a cocky bastard, it got the best of him sometimes, and then he got old.

Do I win?

honesty though, anyone can beat anyone else in sports. it happens. if we could do everything on paper, we wouldn't play the game.

Michigan lost to Appalachian State because they can't defend mobile QBs (which Colt Brennan is not. Not all spreads are the same), and because they sat Mike Hart for half the game. If they played Hart, they would have won the game, because ASU couldn't stop him.

And yes, USC lost to Stanford, while they were banged up. In the end, it dosen't matter, because Oregon lost three games, and ASU lost to USC. So you have no point. Thanks for clarifying.

ACC

Atlantic: Boston College, Clemson, Florida State, Maryland, NC State, Wake Forest

Coastal: Appalachian State (or Duke if you don't want to drop them.), Georgia Tech, Miami (FL), North Carolina, Virginia, Virginia Tech

Big XII

North: Colorado, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri, Nebraska

South: Baylor, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech

Big East

East: Connecticut, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, Syracuse, West Virginia

West: Cincinnati, Louisville, Marshall, Memphis, South Florida

Big Ten

Great Lakes: Indiana, Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, Penn State, Purdue

Prairies: Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, Notre Dame, Northwestern, Wisconsin

Conference USA

East: Army, East Carolina, Navy, UAB, UCF, Western Kentucky

West: Houston, Rice, SMU, Troy, Tulane, Tulsa

Mid-American Conference

East: Akron, Bowling Green, Buffalo, Kent State, Miami (OH), Ohio

West: Ball State, Central Michigan, Eastern Michigan, Northern Illinois, Toledo, Western Michigan

Mountain West Conference

East: Air Force, Colorado State, New Mexico State, North Texas, TCU, Wyoming

West: BYU, New Mexico, San Diego State, UNLV, Utah, Utah State

Pacific-10 Conference

North: Cal, Oregon, Oregon State, Washington, Washington State

South: Arizona, Arizona State, Stanford, USC, UCLA

Southeastern Conference

East: Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vanderbilt

West: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, LSU, Ole Miss, Mississippi State

Western Athletic Conference

North: Boise State, Idaho, Hawaii, Fresno State, Nevada, San Jose State

South: Arkansas State, Florida Atlantic, Florida International, Louisiana Tech, Louisiana-Lafayette, Louisiana-Monroe, Middle Tennessee

Each conference has a championship game, and conference championship week will be played in Week 14, and then there is an 8-team playoff, in which ACC, Big 12, Big East, Big Ten, Pac-10, and SEC champions all get automatic bids. Then the two best teams that are the champions of the other 4 conferences are selected.

Let's say it was this year, so it would be featuring Virginia Tech, Oklahoma, West Virginia, Ohio State, USC, LSU, Hawaii, and BYU.

Edited by SKA

Guest J-Money808

Actually now that I think about it, I would say to just have the champs from the 6 BCS conferences, and 2 teams from non-BCS conferences with good records, so I'd say Virginia Tech, West Virginia, LSU, Ohio State, USC, Oklahoma, Hawai'i, and maybe BYU this year in a play-offs. idk, it's just a theory.

I can see that, but all conferences are not created equal. The MWC and WAC, which, along with MAYBE C-USA, are the only conferences that can throw up legitimate BCS Bowl contenders, don't have the top to bottom strength of the BCS conferences. Even the bad ones like the Big 10 or the Big East.

I can see that, but all conferences are not created equal. The MWC and WAC, which, along with MAYBE C-USA, are the only conferences that can throw up legitimate BCS Bowl contenders, don't have the top to bottom strength of the BCS conferences. Even the bad ones like the Big 10 or the Big East.

21st in offense, and 3rd in defense is pretty fucking good. Combine that with a 9th in time of possession ..... yeah, pretty fucking good.

I would have much rather seen UGA face LSU ... however, even with that argument, Tenn ROLLED Georgia. The Vols were playing were on a great streak going into the title game and just couldn't get it done. That has to say something.

Yes, LSU is a good team, but they aren't anywhere close to the team they were hyped to be at the beginning of the season. Thats all I'm saying. I think Les Miles actually hurts the team more than he helps it with his sometimes idiotic risk-taking.

I had no faith in Tennessee. Honestly, I don't think they were any good at all, and have no fucking clue how the hell they even made the SECCG. Georgia is/was clearly playing better ball.

Edited by DMN

The Vols might have very well beaten LSU if Ainge hadn't turned to shit in the last quarter. I'm a UT fan and didn't expect them to do as well as they did in the game, actually.

I think if you do a playoff system, the conference championship games shouldn't affect rankings; rankings should be frozen at the end of the regular season, and if a team ranked #3 loses their conference championship to a team that's ranked #11, then the two teams should still be #3 and #11 after the game.

The Vols might have very well beaten LSU if Ainge hadn't turned to shit in the last quarter. I'm a UT fan and didn't expect them to do as well as they did in the game, actually.

I think if you do a playoff system, the conference championship games shouldn't affect rankings; rankings should be frozen at the end of the regular season, and if a team ranked #3 loses their conference championship to a team that's ranked #11, then the two teams should still be #3 and #11 after the game.