Not another dead :(

mikevandam

credited: http://www.yahoo.com

LOS ANGELES, Dec 4 (Reuters Life!) - Texas Rapper Pimp C, a member of the chart-topping duo UGK, was found dead in a Los Angeles hotel room on Tuesday, TMZ.com reported.

The online news site said Los Angeles County Fire Dept. personnel discovered him in his bed at the Mondrian Hotel in West Hollywood after responding to a 911 call.

Pimp C, whose real name was Chad Butler, was 33, according to various news reports.

UGK, in which Pimp C performed with Bun B (a.k.a. Bernard Freeman), topped the U.S. pop album charts in August with "Underground Kingz," its first entry on the survey in five years. Pimp C spent much of that time in prison, serving nearly four years for aggravated assault. He was paroled in 2005.

(Reporting by Dean Goodman; editing by Patricia Reaney)

I'm curious to hear these recent deaths that are more deserving of our sympathy. 33 year old guy dies, that's sad. And he, along with Bun B, were a great group and incredibly influential in the south. Big loss to the hip-hop community.

Damn, that's some shit. I dunno why, but you never really think about people's mortality until after their death. I never really stopped and thought while I was listening to UGK "Damn, Bun or Pimp may be dead in ____". Granted, and I don't mean this disrespectfully, Pimp was the lesser talented of UGK but it's still some shit. Bun & Pimp C have always been consistent together as UGK, and I wonder how this'll affect Bun B.

That out of the way, RIP and all that.

Yeah, like Beaty, I'd argue that even if it jump started a genre of music that borders on the cliche (Southern rap), UGK was still very much pioneering in their music. And their early success all but made groups like Outkast who I love to death. Admittedly, I'm not huge into them, but I liked some of the new album and liked that their lead single from it launched a fresh return of Outkast.

So I'll miss Pimp C, even if I'm not a huge fan of UGK.