Sweeney Todd

DMN in the House

And the Oompa Loompas? What in the hell was that? To me, that movie was just bad on so many levels. I'm sorry.

The Oompa Loompas in Burton's version were much closer to the book than in the earlier film, as they were originally stated to be a race of pygmies that Wonka had discovered on a jungle expedition and forced to work for him.

As Zero said, people seem to forget that Charlie & The Chocolate Factory was an adapatation of a book, not a re-make of the earlier film, and that it was FAR more faithful to the original story than the earlier film was. Personally, while I love Gene Wilder and think he was fantastic as Willy Wonka, Depp's portrayal makes an awful lot more sense; Wonka had been locked away hiding in his factory for decades, he hated children, and was essentially scared of people, he wouldn't be a charming energetic eccentric like Wilder played him, he'd be clumsy and shy and awkward, and socially inept like Depp's portrayal. Not to mention that, allegedly, Burton hadn't seen the earlier film until after he made his version.

My roomate took me to go see it, since she saw it when she went home a few weeks back and she loved it!!

After watching it, I must say BRAVO!! Fucking awesome movie!!

Though they did take a few pieces out, the movie was great, and I am glad that I am not the only one who has a weird fixation with HBC!