World Wrestling Federation 1992

MattHarms

Guest Prototype

Great show! I was surprised the tag match was first, and at the match order in general, but it didnt effect the show. I loved the Mega Powers match and how Roerts' plan backfired, and the coconut spot in the Flair/Piper match. All the matches were good. Really enjoyed the show!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WWF Wrestling Challenge 2/16/92

Six Weeks and Counting to Wrestlemania VIII

Reno Riggens vs British Bulldog

Bulldog pounds away on Riggens to start but Riggens briefly throws the advantage into his favor. Riggens goes up top but the Bulldog slams him off. Bulldog stuns Riggens with a pair of clotheslines and a vertical suplex. Bulldog scoops up Riggens and powerslams him to the mat. Bulldog covers to score the pin.

Winner: The British Bulldog(w/the Running Powerslam)

Segment Approval Rating: 51

Crowd Reaction: 37

Match Quality: 66

Ted DiBiase interview

Sean Mooney is standing backstage with Ted DiBiase

Mooney: I am standing by with the man who has been in the hunt for the Interconinental Title, The Million Dollar Man Ted DiBiase. Mr. DiBiase, what is your claim to get a shot at the Interconinental Title?

Ted DiBiase: My claim? Sean Mooney, I pinned the Interconinental Champion Bret Hart cleanly in the center of the ring on Saturday Night’s Main Event. Finally I have proved that I am worthy of a title shot and Bret told me that I need to stand up. I need to snatch the title shot and that is exactly what the Million Dollar Man shall do. No better time than Wrestlemania VIII. So Bret, if you got the guts, my lawyers will draw up the contract and I will prove without a shadow of a doubt that I should be Interconinental Champion. Remember this Mooney, talk is cheap. The Million Dollar Man backs up his words with actions. BWAHAHAHAHA!!

Segment Approval Rating: 93

The Malenko Brothers vs the New Foundation

This was a very technical match, especially when the Rocket and Dean Malenko traded holds on the mat. Malenko pulls out a double underhook power bomb which switches the match into the favor of the Malenko Brothers. The Rocket reverses a suplex from Joe Malenko into a DDT across the knee but is held off. The Malenko Brothers hit a slingshot/flying clothesline combo that gains a nearfall. A double belly to back suplex again comes close to beating the Rocket but a double dropkick sends both Malenkos to the otuside. The Rocket rolls forward and tags in the Anvil. Anvil rushes in like a mad man. The Anvil delivers a powerslam to Joe Malenko and Dean hops on his shoulders for a Victory Roll. The Anvil counters by slamming Dean facefirst into the canvas and locking on a modified camel cltuch. Dean squirms for a few seconds before tapping out.

Winners: The New Foundation(w/a modified camel clutch)

Segment Approval Rating: 77

Crowd Reaction: 55

Match Quality: 100

The Funeral Parlor: with Jack Tunney.

Paul Bearer is standing in the set of the Funeral Parlor right in front of a stand up coffin and some tombstones.

Bearer: Welcome to a very special edition of the Funeral Parlor. My guest today is the president of the World Wrestling Federation Champion, Mr. Jack Tunney.

Tunney walks onto the set of the Funeral Parlor.

Tunney: Thank you, Mr. Bearer.

Bearer: Mr. Tunney, I believe you have some news regarding Wrestlemania VIII.

Tunney: Yes, Mr. Bearer, I do. It has come to my attention that Ric Flair and Hulk Hogan want to tear into each other, but there is a reason why I haven’t made this match as of yet. I wanted to save it for the biggest show of them all. Wrestlemania VIII. Ric Flair will face Hulk Hogan as one half of the big double main event.

Loud cheers erupt from fans on the other side of the Funeral Parlor set.

Bearer: Indeed Mr. Tunney, that should be a match for the record books.

Tunney: The other piece of information concerns you, Paul Bearer.

Bearer has a shocked look on his face.

Bearer: Whatever do you mean, Mr. Tunney?

Tunney: It has come to my attention that you and the Undertaker have been helping Jake Roberts a lot as of late and would not hesitate to interfere in his World Title defense against Randy Savage at Wrestlemania VIII. So by my official word, both you and the Undertaker are barred from ringside for the WWF World Title Match at Wrestlemania VIII!

The crowd cheers as Bearer is shocked.

Bearer: You cannot do that Mr. Tunney!

Tunney: I just did and furthermore, if you do come within 50 feet of the ring, Jake Roberts will automatically be stripped of his World Wrestling Federation Title!

Bearer is at a loss for words and he goes to hit Tunney but he loses his balance. Tunney looks down at Bearer and the stand up coffin opens. Tunney gets whacked from behind with a chair! The camera pans back to reveal….Jake Roberts. The Snake picks up Tunney and DDT onto the concrete floor. Tunney is not moving but Jake Roberts stands over him with a sick smirk. Roberts has just assaulted the President of the World Wrestling Federation and he shows no remourse at all. Jake Roberts could be fired for this! Jake grabs the microphone.

Roberts: Tunney, interfering with my plans will cost you your health. Never trust a Snake to conform to authority.

Jake Roberts picks up the limp body of Tunney and throws it into the stand up coffin. The coffin is shut and Roberts pushes the coffin off the ledge of the funeral parlor. That is an eight foot drop! A man Tunney’s age could be seriously injured!

Skinner vs the Big Boss Man

The announcers (Lord Alfred Hayes and Sean Mooney) are in shock at what happened but the show must go on. The Big Boss Man works over Skinner but Skinner controls the mid portion of the match. Gator Blaster gets two. Skinner goes up top but gets slammed off. Boss Man pounds on Skinner. Skinner gets knocked to the ring apron. Boss Man grabs Skinner, but gets a face full of tobacco juice to the eyes. Boss Man falls back stunned and Skinner scores the pin.

Winner: Skinner(after spatting tobacco juice into the eyes of the Boss Man)

Segment Approval Rating: 63

Crowd Reaction: 58

Match Quality: 68

Rob Zakowski vs the Undertaker

Jack Tunney has been taken to a local hospital because of his injuries and his future as president of the WWF may be in doubt. Undertaker pounds away on Zakowski throughout the match. Goozle and choke slam. Undertaker drapes Zakowski over his shoulder and Tombstone Piledriver. Undertaker crosses the arms across the chest to score the pin. After the match, Undertaker stuffed Zakowski in a bodybag.

Winner: The Undertaker (w/the Tombstone Piledriver)

Segment Approval Rating: 74

Crowd Reaction: 65

Match Quality: 83

Taker remains in the ring

Undertaker is still in the ring after the commercial. The bagpipes pick up and Rowdy Roddy Piper is coming to the ring. He is supposed to face Kato as of right now. Piper enters the ring. He gets into the face of the Undertaker. They always have said that Piper has had more guts than brains. Taker just stares there, staring Piper with an icy stare. Piper rears back and slaps the Undertaker across the face! The Undertaker just stands there, staring down Piper. Piper rushes at Undertaker, pounding him with punches. The Undertaker calmly extends his hand and starts choking Piper. Taker is choking Piper down to the canvas. Piper attempts to squirm but the grip of the Taker is just too strong. Taker finally just chokes Piper to unconsciousness. Piper lies on the canvas immobile. Taker finally leaves. Medics are out, trying to get Piper breathing again. Piper is up and he looks like a zombie. Piper attempts to get at the Undertaker but he is held back, as he is in no condition to fight.

Segment Approval Rating: 83

The Berzerker(w/Mr. Fuji) vs Jim Duggan

Big brawl to start but Fuji distracts Duggan allowing the Berzerker to gain control. The Berzerker goes for an atomic throw but Duggan is too large and a series of elbow smashes puts down the Berzerker. Fuji is on the apron and he gets punched off by Duggan. Duggan grabs the two by four but the Berzerker has his sword. They clash together twice before the referee calls for the bell and the double disqualification.

Winner: Double Disqualification

Segment Approval Rating: 60

Crowd Reaction: 63

Match Quality: 56

Show Approval Rating: 68

4.08 Rating for Wrestling Challenge

This is the first time I've read this diary and it had me marking out like a little bitch. Jake "The Snake" Roberts was my favorite wrestler when I was a kid and seeing him as champion is awsome! WrestleMania VIII is the best 'Mania ever but it looks like your going to top it with your card. DiBiase/Hart, wicked! Savage/Roberts, YES! Flair/Hogan, should have happened at the actule event. Great work dude, keep this up!

I replied before about jobber matches, and I must say, it's gotten much better.

Jake Roberts is a champion that most generally wouldn't think of, but he is definately deserving of the main event push. 1992 is one of my favorite years in the WWF, and it looks like your's is even better than the real thing was.

Keep up the good work man. It's been a good run through the last two months, and WM VIII should be damn good.

Guest Prototype

Good show. Surprising to see Skinner get a win. Im already excited about WM8. It was rumored the Hogan/Flair and Savage/Roberts was originally supposed to headline the actual event, so thats cool that you're going with that. Plus Hitman/Dibiase and a Piper/Taker feud should be interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

Prime Time Wrestling 2/17/92:

We cut to the Prime Time Wrestling Studios. Bobby Heenan and Gorilla Monsoon are sitting at the studio as usual.

Monsoon: Welcome to another edition of Prime Time Wrestling. I am Gorilla Monsoon…

Bobby Heenan: And of course, I am the man who’s expert opinion you tune in every week to see, the Brain. We had a big Saturday Night’s Main Event. Good news and bad news on that front. Good news is that Ric Flair beat Rowdy Roddy Piper, which is most certainly fair to Flair. Bad news is that Ric Flair does not get his World Title Shot at Wrestlemania VIII. More good news is that Hogan doesn’t either and it will be Ric Flair vs Hulk Hogan in a match that will make Wrestlemania history. Ric Flair will end Hulkamania right in the center of the ring, mark my word.

Monsoon: Not so fast, Brain. Ric Flair must face a man who has only lost one other time in Wrestlemania history. Ric Flair has never wrestled at a Wrestlemania and his first Wrestlemania is one of the most daunting tasks of them all. He must go one on one with Hulk Hogan. Flair may be way over his head and Hulk Hogan could beat Flair to get back in line for a shot at the World Wrestling Federation Title.

Heenan: Don’t insult what little intelligience of the humanoids, Monsoon. Hogan could not out wrestle or out think Ric Flair. Not in Hogan’s wildest dreams or Flair’s scariest nightmares. Case closed, Hulkamania has a little over six weeks left to live before Flair stamps it out.

Monsoon: I am sure we can talk about this more later, Brain. We have to go to the ring for the Prime Time Wrestling debut of Kona Crush.

Kona Crush debuts against Iron Mike Sharpe

Sharpe attacks at the bell but Crush delivers a pair of clotheslines. Crush powerslams Sharpe but Sharpe goes to the eyes. Sharpe knocks Crush down with that brace loaded forearm but only gets a two count. Sharpe works over Crush with a camel clutch but Crush powers out. Crush delivers a tilt a whirl side slam and delivers the Kona Compactor, squeezing the head of Mike Sharpe. The arm drops three times as Sharpe has passed out from the Kona Compactor.

Winner: Kona Crush(w/the Kona Compactor)

Segment Approval Rating: 47

Crowd Reaction: 45

Match Quality: 61

We cut back to the Prime Time Studios:

Bobby Heenan: That punk Crush got lucky. If he hadn’t have grabbed the hair, Sharpe would have won the match.

Gorilla Monsoon: I didn’t see any hair being pulled! I think you better check your retinas, Brain.

Bobby Heenan: There is nothing wrong with my feet, Gorilla.

Gorilla Monsoon: Brain…I have just received word that WWF Announcer Sean Mooney is standing by with an announcment about the status of WWF President Jack Tunney.

We cut to the interview area where Sean Mooney is standing by with a piece of paper.

Mooney: Ladies and Gentlemen, an announcement has just been passed to me from the office of the WWF President that will greatly impact the World Wrestling Federation. After the heartless attack of Jake Roberts this past weekend, Jack Tunney has been forced to resign due to injuries sustained. The WWF Board of Directors have decided to fine Jake Roberts 50 thousand dollars and suspend him from competing on WWF programming until Wrestlemania VIII. Finally this weekend on Superstars, Jack Tunney’s replacement as World Wrestling Federation president will be announced. Thank you for your time.

The Undertaker interview:

We see Mean Gene Okerlund standing by with the Undertaker and Paul Bearer.

Gene Okerlund: Ladies and Gentlemen I am with a man who gives me the willies and that is just talking about Paul Bearer. The other man I am with is a former World Wrestling Federation Champion, the man from the Darkside, The Undertaker. Undertaker, you choked out Rowdy Roddy Piper this passed weekend. Why did you do it?

Gene puts the microphone up to the Undertaker but Paul Bearer snatches it away.

Bearer:Gene, it is very simple. Rowdy Roddy Piper is a legend here in the World Wrestling Federation. He has won many big matches and made a lot of money. However, one thing is for certain. Legend’s have to die sometime. My Undertaker was just getting to know Mr. Piper well before he has to take him to the other side. All legends need an Undertaker when they make that trip to the afterlife. Yessss, Rowdy Roddy Piper got in the Undertaker’s face and the Undertaker put him down like it was nothing. Hot Rod, you want to attempt to be a hero and take out a man others fear above all. Only one thing will happen to you. It is very simple. Tell Piper what will happen if he gets in your way again, Undertaker.

Undertaker: Piper…you will….REST IN PEACE.

Undertaker gives Gene a cold scare while Paul Bearer cackles. The camera fades out.

Segment Approval Rating: 80

We cut back to the Prime Time Studios. Gorilla Monsoon looks around.

Monsoon: Brain, you can come out of the closet now. The interview is over.

Bobby Heenan exits the closet.

Heenan: I was just checking the quility of the janitor equipment in this office. Some fine mops in the closet. Nothing like what the Brain owns, of course, but pretty good for a janitor’s closet.

Monsoon sighs and rolls his eyes before we cut to.

El Matador vs Papa Shango

El Matador uses his speed to stun Shango to start but Shango makes a comeback. Bearhug but Tito fights out and Matador leaps to the top rope and cross body but Shango rolls through and puts the feet on the ropes, only getting two. Shango Shoulderbreaker is escaped and Flying Jalapeno but Shango is in the ropes. Shango grabs the voodoo stick and shoots voodoo sparks into the gut of Matador. Matador is doubled over, clutching his abdomon and Shango covers to get the win. Tito rolls over and vomits over the ring apron as a result of getting that voodoo stick used on him.

Winner: Papa Shango(after shooting voodoo sparks into the gut of Santana

Segment Approval Rating: 60

Crowd Reaction: 61

Match Quality: 73

The Malenko Brothers(Dean and Joe) vs the Road Warriors(Hawk and Animal)

The Malenkos keep Animal at bay with some wrestling tactics but Animal double clotheslines both men. Animal gorilla presses Joe on Dean before making the tag. Hawk enters the ring fists of fire and takes both Malenkos out. Powerslam to Dean gets two. Hawk delivers a huge power bomb to Dean but Joe jumps him and drops him on his face with a flapjack but Hawk springs up and catches Joe with a dropkick. Dean is scooped up and powerslam #2. Animal puts Dean on his shoulders while Hawk goes up. Doomsday Device and Hawk covers Dean to score the pin. After the match, The Road Warriors make the belt motions around there wastes. They want a rematch against the Natural Disasters and their WWF Tag Team Titles.

Winner: Road Warriors(w/The Doomsday Device)

Segment Approval Rating: 70

Crowd Reaction: 57

Match Quality: 100

Ric Flair interview

Mean Gene Okerlund is in the interview area with Ric Flair.

Gene: I am backstage with the man who is in one half of the big double main event at Wrestlemania VIII. I am talking about the Nature Boy Ric Flair. Nature Boy, you have a tough one at Wrestlemania VIII when you face the Immortal One Hulk Hogan.

Flair: Mean, wooooooo, Gene. Wrestlemania, the biggest night of them all. The biggest night in wrestling period. The Nature Boy has been in some big ones but nothing compares to Wrestlemania. Hogan, I don’t like you at all, but I will admit one thing. You, my friend, are a legend in this sport. Legends are few and far between. You are great, Hulk. You know what, through. You are not the Nature Boy. No matter what level of greatness you achieve, the Nature Boy has already received it. This is the showcase of the immortals Hogan. Two legends square off in the middle of the ring, at the Hoiserdome. At Indianaples Indiana, in one of the biggest, no scratch that. Hulk, this is the biggest match in the entire history of wrestling. It has been speculated for years who could win. Hulk Hogan or Ric Flair. The Immortal One or the Jet Flying, Limosine Riding, Champange Drinking, kissing all the girls, and making them cry, son of a gun, the Nature Boy. Wooo! It will be found at Wrestlemania and Hulk, you may be great, but you have never fought the dirtiest player in the game. At Wrestlemania it will be time to go to school. Wooo!!!!

Segment Approval Rating: 89

Back to the Prime Time Studios.

Heenan: No one is better than you, champ. No one can touch you. Hulkamania will be dead at Wrestlemania and the Brain will have a front row seat of the public execution by the Nature Boy.

Monsoon: Brain, you are something else. This match may be too close to call and both men are looking to win. The biggest Wrestlemania yet, Hogan vs Flair in six weeks.

Heenan: I look forward to Flair taking Hogan to school. The Brain puts his endorsement on it.

The Texas Tornado vs Skinner:

Skinner stalls to start but the Tornado catches him off guard with some chops and throws him into the ropes. Tornado dropkicks Skinner down. Tornado claws Skinner but Tornado Spin punch is ducked. Skinner pounds away on the Tornado and Aligator Neckbreaker attempt but Tornado twists out and blasts Skinner hard with a clothesline. Tornado goes up top for a cross body but he is met with a spit of tobacco juice and Skinner rolls the pin over. Skinner wins this match.

Winner: Skinner(after spitting tobacoo juice in The Tornado’s eyes)

Segment Approval: 59

Crowd Reaction: 62

Match Quality: 71

Jake Roberts Interview:

Jake Roberts is standing in the interview area alone as no interviewer wants to get close enough to interview him after what he did to Jack Tunney last weekend. Jake Roberts has his hair slicked back in a nice three piece suit.

Roberts: Last weekend, I proved something to the word. There is nothing I am not afraid to do. Right and wrong do not matter to me. Jack Tunney crossed a line that he shouldn’t have crossed. He should have sat in his office like a good little suit and just made the matches, not attempted to interfere with my chances of retaining what is mine at Wrestlemania. As a result, Mr. Tunney is no longer able to serve as WWF President. Tragic, yet it should serve as an example. A new president is to be named, but I doubt that he will last too long if he crosses path of this snake. Suspending me from wrestling until Wrestlemania. That’s fine, I’ll take the vacation time to think of new evil ways which I could torture Randy Savage at Wrestlemania. Alas Macho, we barely even knew you. At Wrestlemania VIII, trust me on this one, this belt is staying around my waist. I am not afraid to break the rules into dust. Savage, you are walking a very dangerous line. Just see what I did to Jack Tunney, a non-wrestler. What do you think I am going to do you when you challenge for my belt?

Back to Prime Time Studios.

Heenan: Jake Roberts is proving that he is souless evil. Even through I feel he should have somehow got Ric Flair a title shot by now, I can’t help by like where he is coming from. He is not afraid to do rotten things to win the WWF World Title. He reminds me of a younger version of me except I was more sneaky then evil.

Monsoon: Savage may be in for a tough time but Savage is intense enough to fight fire with fire. He could walk out of Wrestlemania VIII as the World Wrestling Federation Champion.

Heenan: Jake will retain the title, Gorilla. Trust me.

Monsoon just rolls his eyes at Heenan as we go to a Prime Time Exclusive Match.

Kato vs Rowdy Roddy Piper

Kato does some martial arts posing but Piper thumbs him in the eye. Piper pounds Kato but Kato goes to the eyes. Kato delivers a couple martial arts kicks and goes up top but Piper ducks a chop from the top. Piper catches Kato with an atomic drop and a clothesline. Piper drives Kato down with a vertical suplex before putting him in the Sleeperhold. Kato passes out. After the match, Piper crosses Kato’s arms across his chest as the Undertaker does when he pins an opponent.

Winner: Rowdy Roddy Piper(w/the Sleeperhold)

Segment Approval Rating: 61

Match Quality: 72

We go back to the Prime Time Studios.

Monsoon: Another impressive win from the Hot Rod. He is getting back on track after losing to Ric Flair this past Saturday on Saturday Night’s Main Event.

Heenan: Piper is a screwball. Plain and simple, Gorilla. So he would be the perfect opponent for the Undertaker down the line. Piper is too crazy to be afraid of the darkness.

Monday March 23, 1992. Live on the USA network. The Road to Wrestlemania. It is the final show prior to Wrestlemania. All wrestlers will be looking to get their final words in. More details in the coming weeks on Prime Time Wrestling

The Beverly Brothers(w/The Genius and the Barbarian) vs Koko B. Ware and Jimmy Snuka

Pretty cut and dry formula tag team match. The Beverly Brothers kept Koko off balance with various double teaming tactics. Eventually Koko dropkicked both Beverly Brothers and made the tag to the Superfly. Snuka enters the ring on fire and knocks down Beau. Superfly Splash connects but the Genius has distracted the referee. The Barbarian enters the ring and knocks Jimmy Snuka out with the Boot of Death. Beau is dragged on top and the Beverly Brothers are your winners.

Winners: The Beverly Brothers(after outside interference)

Segment Approval Rating: 61

Match Quality: 79

Legion of Doom interview

Sean Mooney is standing in the interview area with Hawk and Animal, the Legion of Doom.

Mooney: I am standing by with one of the best tag teams in the World Wrestling Federation. Hawk and Animal, The Legion of Doom. You have been making some noise about wanting a shot at the World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Champions the Natural Disasters at Wrestlemania VIII.

Animal: Let me tell you something Sean Mooney. We have been making some noise. A whole lot of noise. We took about a month off after we lost the belts at the Rumble but we are back and better then ever. Tell em Hawk.

Hawk: Welll, it is simple as this. The popularity of the LOD was like a runaway frieght train. It kept getting faster and faster with every sucessful title defense. Then a couple of big roadblocks managed to stop the train. The LOD express was derailed and the World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Titles are on the Natural Disasters. We regrouped but we want our rematch. What better time to get this, then at Wrestlemania VIII! The biggest wrestling show ever. So Natural Disasters, we gave you a shot, now repay the favor and give the LOD a shot. I will tell you this. The Legion of Doom will walk out of Wrestlemania the brand new World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Champions for a second time.

Both: Ohhhhh what a rush!!!!1

We are back at the Prime Time Studios.

Monsoon: Some interesting words from Hawk and Animal. They want those tag team title belts back around their waists.

Heenan: The Natural Disasters beat the LOD once, I don’t see why they couldn’t do it again Monsoon.

Monsoon: We shall see if the titles are to be put on the line. Coming up in our feature bout, the challenger for the World Wrestling Federation Title at Wrestlemania VIII Randy Savage is in action. He will face the Mighty Hercules.

”The Mighty” Hercules vs “Macho Man” Randy Savage

Hercules uses his power to catch Macho off of a balance to start. Herc powers away on Savage and goes for a slam but Savage drops out the back and catches Herc with a running knee to the back of the head sending him to the floor. Savage climbs to the top rope and flying axe handle to Herc all the way to the floor. Savage pounds a knot on the head of Hercules but Hercules catches Savage on a clothesline. Herc hangs on Savage on the top rope. Some brawling and Hercules puts the Full Nelson on but Savage kicks into the referee sending him down. Hercules goes for the chain and swings but Savage ducks it. Savage kicks Herc and knocks him out with the chain. Savage throws the chain to the floor and Flying Elbowdrop. Savage covers Hercules and the referee crawls over to count the pin. Randy Savage wins.

Winner: Randy Savage(w/the Flying Elbowdrop)

Segment Approval Rating: 64

Crowd Reaction: 73

We fade back to the studios.

Monsoon: An impressive win for Randy Savage to end things. Just a final note. Next week Ric Flair will be in action against The Texas Tornado…

Heenan: This show is already worth watching due to Ric Flair being in the house. Got to be fair to Flair, Gorilla.

Monsoon: Insane Sid Justice will go against Brian Knobbs of the Nasty Boys. The Million Dollar Man, Ted DiBiase, will face Marty Jannetty. In the Feature Bout, Sgt. Slaughter will face the Undertaker. Tune in next week for Prime Time Wrestling.

Show Approval Rating: 67

5.44 Rating for Prime Time Wrestling:

Wrestling Observer Newsletter for 2/24/92

Skinner fired from WWF

In a shocking move, Skinner(who was slated to have a small mini push leading up to a match against Sgt. Slaughter at Wrestlemania VIII), has been fired due to cocaine posession. This is the second firing due to drugs, the first being the shocking release of Shawn Michaels in the second week on January. The WWF is supposed to have a zero tolerence policy for drugs.

Wrestlemania Card:

First of all, here’s what we know from TV:

WWF World Title Match:

Randy Savage vs Jake Roberts©

Battle of the Immortals:

Ric Flair vs Hulk Hogan

WWF Interconinental Title Match:

Ted DiBiase vs Bret Hart©

Here is what is expected to be announced over the weekend:

Rowdy Roddy Piper vs the Undertaker

World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Title Match:

The Legion of Doom vs the Natural Disasters©

And these other matches are believed to be part of the WMVIII card:

Jim Duggan vs the Berzerker

The Mountie vs Bob Backlund

The Beverly Brothers, The Barbarian, and the Genius vs the Bushwhackers, Koko B. Ware, and Jimmy Snuka

Virgil vs Irwin R. Schyster

Sid Justice vs Papa Shango

Repo Man vs Tatanka

Rick Martel vs Kona Crush

The Nasty Boys vs the New Foundation

Marty Jannetty vs Hercules

Althrough this card is far from final it seems like that like in the past few years, the WWF seems to be getting nearly all of their top stars on Wrestlemania VIII to get them a big Mania payday. None of the matches other then the top 5(Roberts/Savage. Hogan/Flair. DiBiase/Hart, Piper/Taker, and LOD/ND) will get more then 5 or 6 minutes.

Jim Cornette inks contract with WWF

Top manager Jim Cornette has signed a deal with the WWF. Rumors have it that he may play the role as WWF President or an interpromotional angle will be done with the Smokey Mountain Wrestling territory that Cornette runs down the line.

Road to Wrestlemania VIII Special:

The Road to Wrestlemania VIII special will have a Rowdy Roddy Piper vs Ric Flair return match from SMNE last month. Also: The Nasty Boys will face the Legion of Doom, Bret Hart will face Rick Martel in a non-title match, and Bob Backlund will face Ted DiBiase. March 23 only on the USA network.

Guest Prototype

WM looks good. The under card is a little weak, but thats to be expected. The "Big 5" will be great though. Sucks about Skinner, especially since he was in line for a push.

WWF Superstars 2/22/92:

The British Bulldog vs the Mountie(w/Jimmy Hart)

The Mountie takes a Bob Backlund sign from a young fan at ringside(I wonder how much the WWF paid the kid) and rips it in half. The Bulldog attacks Mountie and sends him packing with a Gorilla Press. Pair of clotheslines but Mountie pulls the braids and neuters the Bulldog with a shot below the belt. The Mountie chokes the Bulldog and goes up top but gets slammed off. Dropkick sends the Mountie down but Jimmy Hart is on the ring apron. Bulldog goes after the Mouth of the South and grabs him by the tie. Bulldog uses Jimmy Hart as a yo-yo, using his tie to pull him up after each punch. Mountie has fired up the shock stick and he sticks it into the small of the back of the Bulldog and rolls him up from behind for the pin.

Winner: The Mountie(after use of the shock stick)

Segment Approval Rating: 75

Crowd Reaction: 72

Match Quality: 78

The New WWF President is announced

We go to an office at WWF headquarters at titan towers where Lord Alfred Hayes is on location.

Hayes: Ladies and Gentlemen, history is about to be made tonight. A new WWF President has been named by the governing board here at Titan Towers. This man is a man that many may be familiar with in the WWF, but he has took a few months off of wrestling to turn over a new leaf. The man I am talking about should be walking through that door at any moment. He is…

Just then the door opens and in walks a man who should be familiar to long time fans of WWF.

Slick: Brotha, it is about time the office of WWF President got some soul.

Alfred Hayes: As you can see, Slick has been named the new President of the World Wrestling Federation. Slick, many fans may wonder about your past dealings and would that affect your ability to be an objective WWF President.

Slick: I can see your valid claims and let me explain them. I took a few months off, I have seen the light. I have a new outlook on life. No longer will will the Slickster aid the forces of evil. The Slickster is all about the fans and bringing some much needed reform to the ranks of the World Wrestling Federation roster. I will pick no favorites, only make the best possible matches that the Slickster can for the great fans of the World Wrestling Federation. Mah first official act as WWF President is this. See we have a big event coming up in five weeks. The biggest in history. The main event is going to be Jake Roberts defending his World Wrestling Federation Title against Randy Savage. Brotha, I can dig that. The only thing I have a problem with is that Jake Roberts doesn’t seem to have any problems getting himself disqualified or counted out to save the belt. That isn’t on the up and up. So whats the Slicksters gonna do is make this match No Disqualification, No Countout. Savage, Roberts, do whatever you want. The Slickster would feel bad if the fans were deprieved of their main event by a cheap DQ. The other things I am going to do is, LOD want there rematch for the WWF Tag Team Titles. Well, guess what. That shall happen at Wrestlemania 8. The Legion of Doom will fight the Natural Disasters at Wrestlemania VIII. That will be all for now.

Slick walks off as the camera fades out.

Segment Approval Rating: 69

Jim Powers vs the Berzerker(w/Mr. Fuji)

The Berzerker enters the ring as it is announced that Jim Duggan will fight the Berzerker in a Viking Death Match at WM8. Powers gets squashed like a bug as the announcers talk about slick. Zerker delivers an atomic throw and weakly boots Powers in the face for a pin.

Winner: The Berzerker(after the big furry boot to the face)

Segment Approval Rating: 53

Crowd Reaction: 50

Match Quality: 57

Hulk Hogan Interview

Gene Okerlund: I am standing by with the man who will be a big part of the Wrestlemania VIII double main event. I am of course talking about the immortal, Hulk Hogan. Hulk, five weeks away from the biggest night in wrestling history. You will face Ric Flair to finally decide once and for all who is the greatest wrestler of all time is.

Hulk Hogan: Well let me tell you something, Mean Gene. Wrestlemania is only 5 weeks away. The Hooserdome will be rocking with thousands of little Hulkamaniacs. That is not to mention the millions watching all around the world. I will not let the little hulkamaniacs down. Ric Flair only fights for the fame and the glory. The money and the limos. The women and the champange. Brother, that makes the Hulkster sick to his stomach. Flair, The Hulkster will grant you this. You have beaten many top wrestlers in the world. No doubt about it. The fact that you think you can hang with the Hulkster and all the maniacs, well, brother, at Wrestlemania VIII we will find out. The biggest match in both of our careers. The biggest match in the entire history of Professional Wrestling. From the Romans and the Greeks, all the way to the present day, dude. We will find out who the best of all time is. So Ric Flair, whatcha gonna do when Hulkamania runs wild on you, dude.

Hogan poses as the segment fades out

Segment Approval Rating: 97

Kevin Krueger and the Italian Stallion vs Insane Sid Justice

Sid comes out as both jobbers attack him but Sid puts them down with a double clothesline. Sid has too much fun squashing both jobbers as we see Papa Shango watching in the aisle for some reason. The announcers wonder about his presence. A bone crushing side suplex puts down Kevin Kruger and choke slam to the Italian Stallion. Sid picks up Kruger and power bomb. Sid picks up Stallion and Power Bomb. Sid stacks both jobbers double decker and puts a foot on the chest for the pin. A burst of green smoke comes on the ramp as Papa Shango once was and when it dissappears, Shango is gone.

Winner: Sid Justice(w/a pair of Power Bombs)

Segment Approval Rating: 49

Crowd Reaction: 37

Koko B. Ware vs Ted DiBiase

Koko catches DiBiase with a dropkick after pounding him with some punches. Koko sends DiBiase to the floor and Koko chases DiBiase around the ring but when Koko rolls into the ring, DiBiase drives a knee into the back of the head. DiBiase picks up Koko and huge gutwrench suplex. DiBiase drops the fist and chinlocks Koko. Koko fights out and jawbreaker. Koko chops away at DiBiase and high back body drop. Koko climbs up top and goes for a cross body but DiBiase ducks underneath and Koko splatters his body on the canvas. DiBiase hooks the Million Dollar Dream on the Birdman. Koko gives up. After the match, DiBiase pulls a one hundred dollar bill from his boot and stuffs it into the mouth of Koko.

Winner: Ted DiBiase(w/the Million Dollar Dream)

Crowd Reaction: 71

Match Quality: 69

Roddy Piper interview

Piper is standing in the interview area.

Piper: The Hot Rod has something to get off of his chest. Ya see, ol’ Roddy is spooked by many things. The Undertaker is trying to spook the Hot Rod. For what reason I don’t know. Maybe his buddy Jake Roberts thinks that the Hot Rod might be coming after his belt soon. Well Snake, your fears are well founded. The WWF World Title should have been around my waist a long ago but ol’ Roddy has been fixed with a huge roadblock. A 6’10, 340 lbs, roadblock from the darkside. The Undertaker attacked me last weekend and choked me out. Believe this Undertaker. You have awakened something that you do not want to go up against. Yes, the Hot Rod has a few screws loose, but I have danced with the devil a few times in my day. Rowdy Roddy can play your demonic game, Deadman. Wrestlemania VIII seems to be the perfect night to settle the score. You want to try and be all zombie like, choke out the Hot Rod like you are some kind of horror movie monster, Undertaker. Well at Wrestlemania, let’s dance. You bring your urn, you bring your fat tubby pale manager. The Hot Rod will bring a fight. The Sleeper has put out bigger men then you, Taker. You think you are the living dead? Well Roddy has a bridge that he can sell you. At Wrestlemania, we will find out how much of a living dead you are. You wanna fight. Let’s fight, Dead Man!

Segment Approval Rating: 73

Marty Jannetty vs Rick Martel

Some holds on the mat traded to start and Marty sends Martel to the floor with an armdrag. Marty slides to the outside and chops away. Marty goes for a sunset flip but Martel rolls through and clotheslines Marty down. Martel works over the back and the legs of Jannetty, setting him up for the Quebec Crad. Martel goes for the Crab but Marty flips him over. Jannetty hits a big punch, causing Martel to flip 360 through the air. Marty superkicks Martel down but only gets two. Marty argues with the referee and gets rolled up with the feet on the ropes but the referee sees it. Martel thinks he won but Marty spins Martel around and boot to the gut. Marty bounces off the ropes and Rocker Dropper. Jannetty covers Martel hooking the leg and scores the pin.

Winner: Marty Jannetty(w/the Rocker Dropper)

Crowd Reaction: 59

Match Quality: 80

Show Approval Rating: 69

3.53 Rating for Superstars:

WM8 has three huge matches, one pretty good one and then it's like watching Velocity and HeAT back to back for the rest fo the card. WM8 IMO the best WrestleMania of all time. I thought at first this card would surpass it but the undercard has really sucked a lot of momentum out of the event. WM8 had HBK/Santana, Taker/Roberts, Money Inc./Natural Disasters, Tatanka/Martel and even the Hart/Skinner match was really good. I think your event will be successful because of the "Double Main-Event" you have but I don't think it will stand the test of time like the real event has.

• 3 weeks later...

WWF Wrestling Challenge 2/23/92

Five Weeks and Counting to Wrestlemania VIII:

Iron Mike Sharpe vs Jim Duggan

The Viking Death Match between Jim Duggan and the Berzerker is hyped up for Wrestlemania 8. The rules of this match is not touched on by the announcers. Usual plodding match from the Hacksaw. Sharpe attempted to use the loaded wrist band but Duggan ducked. Three Point Stance. Duggan scores the pin.

Winner: Jim Duggan(w/the three point stance)

Segment Approval Rating: 51

Crowd Reaction: 52

Match Quality: 49

Jake Roberts interview

Roberts is standing backstage by himself as no interviewer is brave enough to interview this deranged man.

Roberts: Wrestlemania moves ever closer. I can feel it. This is going to be a big night. The biggest night in my career. The night where dreams shall be shattered. The dreams of one man, the Macho Man. Savage, you are playing a dangerous game against a master of the game of human chess. I don’t care what it takes to pin your shoulders to the mat. Now that foolish new President of ours, Slick, has made the match anything goes, well that just opens up a whole bunch of new sadistic possibilities. Savage, this match at Wrestlemania is going to hurt you a lot more then it hurts me. You will be leaving the Hooser Dome on a stretcher and the Madness will be stopped. Trust me, your time is up, Savage. Five weeks and counting. Enjoy your last few weeks as a living breathing, human being because at Wrestlemania, I shall crush you like the snake that I am.

Segment Approval Rating: 79

Rob Zakowski vs Papa Shango

Zakowski is put over as a hungry young man with a lot of competitive spirit by the announcers, Lord Alfred Hayes and Sean Mooney. Shango works over Robbie Z but Zakowski comes back. A pair of nice spinning heel kicks flatten Shango but a splash off the top missed. Shango gutwrenches Zakowski and drives him down with a shoulderbreaker. Three beats of the mat later and Shango wins another one.

Winner: Papa Shango(w/ the Shango Shoulderbreaker)

Segment Approval Rating: 67

Match Quality: 55

The Funeral Parlor

Instead of the normal format, Paul Bearer is standing on the set with the Undertaker.

Bearer: Oh yesss!!! Welcome to a very special edition of the Funeral Parlor where I am with the Undertaker. Now I have a few things to say that My Undertaker wants to get off his chest as regards to Rowdy Roddy Piper. Piper, you really think you can conquer the darkside? People have tried to beat my Undertaker and they end up being planted like a tree with his Tombstone Piledriver. Oh yesss, Hot Rod, you may be able to talk the talk, but can you walk the walk. The darkside is a very mysterious place and I think you may be just a little scared of My Undertaker. You did not seek him out, yet you cockily state that you can put him to sleep. Piper, you mortal idiot, you cannot put to sleep the living dead. Then…

The Undertaker snatches the microphone from Bearer.

Taker: Piper, I rarely say a few words for a mortal like you but for you I will make a rare exception. I attacked you for one reason and one reason only. A certain someone has offered me something to take you out. Not money Piper, because I don’t care about such trivial material things. This associate of mine said that he would get me some fresh graves to fill, if I put you out of commission. That is exactly what I am going to do Piper. Trust me, you will rest in peace.

The Funeral Parlor ends on this note

The Beverly Brothers(w/The Genius) vs the Legion of Doom

The Beverly Brothers caught Hawk off balance during the early portions of this match with some double teaming. Double suplex but Hawk pops up and blasts the Beverly Brothers with a double clothesline. The Genius attempts to interfere with the scroll but Hawk boots it into his face. Tag to Animal and Animal is in. Clotheslines to all and powerslam to Beau. Blake is set up and Doomsday Device scores the pin for LOD. The Genius attempts to attack but he eats a Doomsday Device as well.

Winners: The Legion of Doom(w/the Doomsday Device)

Segment Approval Rating: 81

Crowd Reaction: 72

Match Quality: 91

El Matador vs Irwin R. Schyster

IRS calls Matador a tax cheat and Matador attacks at the bell. Matador roughs up the tax man but IRS cheapshots him and works him over before using the rope assisted abdominal stretch. Tito fights out and nice forearm smash but IRS has got the case. Matador ducks and dropkicks the case into the face of IRS for a nearfall. Matador goes for the Flying Jalapeno but IRS ducks and Matador crashes down into the canvas. IRS pops Matador with the Write Off and scores the pin using the ropes. After the match, IRS does a pair of shots with the briefcase and attempts to steal Tito’s multi colored cape but Virgil ran out and dropkicked the tax man to the outside as these two will do battle at WM8. IRS yells at Virgil for being a tax cheat and says that he will give Virgil a severe audit at Wrestlemania 8.

Winner: IRS(via the Write-Off)

Crowd Reaction: 60

Match Quality: 78

YOUR Wrestlemania 8 Report.

Gene Okerlund: Ladies and Gentlemen, this is Mean Gene Okerlund with your Wrestlemania VIII report. Wrestlemania VIII is five weeks away from the Hooser Dome in Indianaples Indiana. We have a huge card on tap for all your fans in the World Wrestling Federation.

Graphic for Ric Flair vs Hulk Hogan

Okerlund: The biggest match in wrestling history will take place at WM8. It features the Immortal Hulk Hogan going one on one with the Nature Boy Ric Flair. These two men are the biggest stars in the history of wrestling and who is the greatest of all time will be determined at Wrestlemania VIII

Graphic for Jake Roberts defending the World Title against Randy Savage in an anything goes match.

Okerlund: Two of the most hated rivals in the World Wrestling Federation Today will go at it in a match with no rules at all. The diabolical World Wrestling Federation Champion Jake Roberts will face the Macho Man Randy Savage. The score should be settled once and for all between these two once and for all.

Graphic for the Interconinental Title Match between Bret Hart and Ted DiBiase is shown.

Okerlund: Two of the top technical wrestlers in the World Wrestling Federation go at it with the Interconinental Title is on the line. The Excellence of Execution Bret Hart will defend against the Million Dollar Man, Ted DiBiase.

Graphic for Rowdy Roddy Piper vs the Undertaker(w/Paul Bearer)

Okerlund: The first one on one meeting between two top stars. Can Roddy Piper find a way to fight the darkside? Wrestlemania VIII holds the answer, as Roddy Piper will face the Phenom of the World Wrestling Federation, the Undertaker.

Graphic for the World Wrestling Federtion Tag Team Champions the Natural Disasters facing the Legion of Doom.

Okerlund: The Legion of Doom lost the belts at the Royal Rumble and are looking to win them for a second time. However, they must face the biggest tag team in the WWF today, The Natural Disasters.

Graphics for the other matches play as Okerlund quickly names them off.

Okerlund: Also, Jim Duggan faces the Berzerker in a Viking Death Match. The Mountie will face Bob Backlund. The New Foundation will face The Nasty Boys. Rick Martel will go one on one with Tatanka. Virgil faces Irwin R. Schyster. Papa Shango will face Kona Crush and Sid Justice will face The Barbarian. All matches are subjected to change. Wrestlemania VIII is five weeks away.

Segment Approval Rating: 100

The Brooklyn Brawler(w/Ric Flair and Mr. Perfect) vs Hulk Hogan

Flair and Perfect are with the Brawler to make it look like that he has a small chance to Joe Mark. Anyway, Hogan squashes the Brawler but Flair interferes while Perfect distracts. Brawler hits a neckbreaker and gets two before Hogan kicks out and hulks up. Hogan beats down both Perfect and Flair. The Brawler rolls up Hogan from behind but only gets one before Hogan delivers the punches, irish whip, boot to the face, and legdrop to score the pin. Flair enters the ring and pastes Hogan with a chair( note: the chairshot was not seen on camera as the camera cut to a crowd shot when Hogan was hit). Hogan is down and Perfect has a pair of handcuffs and they handcuff Hogan to the top rope. Hogan is helpless and Flair pounds away on Hogan and Perfect joins in. Hogan attempts to fight back but a second pair of handcuffs stop this. Hogan is down on the ropes and Flair kicks at the leg and stands in front of Hogan, mocking Hogan’s posing routine. Hogan snaps the handcuffs but Perfect and Flair get out of dodge. Hogan is being calmed down by sercurity as Challenge goes off the air.

Winner: Hulk Hogan(w/the Big Leg Drop)

Crowd Reaction: 68

Show Approval Rating: 71

4.15 Rating for Wrestling Challenge

Prime Time Wrestling 2/24/92:

Lightning Kid and Rob Zakowski vs the WWF Tag Team Champions the Natural Disasters(w/Jimmy Hart) in a non-title match

The Kid and Zakowski use their high flying tactics to double team Typhoon to start. Nice double dropkick and double elbowdrop but Earthquake clubs Zakowski from behind and the Disasters keep the challengers off balance with the typical big fat heel offense which Zakowski bumps like a pinball for. He sells a bodyslam like death from Earthquake at one point. Typhoon misses a legdrop and Zakowski tags in the Lightning Kid who comes in with some karate style offense. Spin Kick off the second rope knocks Typhoon off his feet and Earthquake is stunned with a savate kick. Zakowksi and the Kid rock Typhoon with a spin kick/legsweep combo but Earthquake is in to make the save. Zakowski gets dumped by Earthquake and the Kid goes for a moonsault press but Typhoon catches him and nearly slams the Kid through the mat with a powerslam. Splash from Typhoon and tag to Earthquake. Earthquake Vertical Splash and that’s all she wrote. They really need to team up Zakowski and Kid again, as they make a great underdog tag team.

Winners: The Natural Disasters(w/both a Big Splash and an Earthquake Vertical Splash)

Crowd Reaction: 56

Match Quality: 99

Interview with the Barbarian and the Genius

Sean Mooney is standing backstage with the delightful dual.

Mooney: I am Sean Mooney and I am standing by with the Barbarian, with his manager the Genius. Barbarian, you have a match at Wrestlemania 8 against Sid Justice. This is perhaps the biggest challenge in your career.

Genius: Mr. Mooney, this is not the toughest challenge in the career of the Barbarian. You should declare this the toughest challenge in the career of Sid Justice. Sid has never fought anything like a well oiled machine like the Barbarian. Since I have offered him my advice, he has been well versed in many forms of wrestling. We have studied a dozen tapes of Sid Justice and we have come to one conclusion. He has a moveset as deep as a child’s wading pool. He doesn’t have the intelligience to do anything new, so my man, the Barbarian has been working on some new tactics. Wrestlemania is where the Barbarian makes a name for himself by beating Sid Justice. It will a poetic ending for Sid Justice at Wrestlemania 8.

The Genius and the Barbarian leave.

Segment Approval Rating: 65

Koko B. Ware vs the Mountie(w/Jimmy Hart)

The Mountie takes a Bob Backlund sign from a fan in the crowd and rips it in half, promising Backlund will never be back. Mountie goes to work on the Birdman in the ring but Koko comes back after about two minutes of beating and dropkicks the Mountie. Koko delivers a pair of clotheslines and goes up top, hitting a missile dropkick but Jimmy Hart is on the ring apron and Koko goes after Jimmy Hart but gets attacked by the Mountie. Mountie goes for a backdrop but Koko rolls through into a sunset flip which is turned into a slingshot into the corner. Koko kicks Mountie and goes for the Ghostbuster but Jimmy Hart enters the ring and plain sight of the referee to clonk Koko with the megaphone. Koko is such a jobber, getting punked by Jimmy Hart. Jimmy Hart and Mountie double team Koko after the bell and Jimmy Hart holds Koko while the Mountie fires up the shockstick. They are going to the same thing to Koko that they did to Bob Backlund….

Bob Backlund rushes out from the back!! Backlund enters the ring and kicks the shockstick out of the hand of the Mountie. It lands somewhere at ringside and the Mountie runs to the back. Jimmy Hart attempts to escape but Backlund grabs him from behind and Atomic Drop from Backlund. Jimmy Hart lies motionless from that. Backlund has returned.

Winner: Koko B. Ware(via disqualification)

Crowd Reaction: 66

Match Quality: 68

Randy Savage interview

Randy Savage is sitting in the interview area in a straightjacket.

Savage: The time ticks down, the sands of time are slowly dropping. The WWF World Championship Reign of the Snake is drawing to a close. Jake Roberts says that he is going to do anything to win. Well guess what, so is the Macho Man. Roberts I can play your own game if you want me to. Anything Goes, well that is sweat. For all the torture you caused me, you will finally get yours back. At Wrestlemania, the Madness is coming to getcha, yeah!!! The thoughts swirling through my mind are not nice, for you that is. The WWF World Title is coming around my waste for a second time, Snake. There is nothing you can do for it. When you draw in your last breath, after I dropped the elbow on you, you will realise that messing with the Macho Man is a very, very, big mistake. Roberts, the game you are trying to play is dangerous and at Wrestlemania, it ends. Oh Yeah!!!!

Segment Approval Rating: 99

A meeting with the President of the WWF

President Slick is sitting at his desk when Hercules enters his office.

Slick: Hercules, my man, what can I do for you brotha?

Hercules: I am not booked on the Wrestlemania card! I want to know why I don’t have a blasted match. I am the Mighty Hercules. I deserve to be on the Wrestlemania card.

Slick: Woah, brotha, ease up. The Slickster can take care of you, but the problem is this. You haven’t won too many matches recently.

Hercules: So I have been in a slump, but I have been in this company for many years. I have some senority. Ric Flair walks into this company and gets to be in a Wrestlemania main event within six months.

Slick: Brotha, you can’t believe that you are big as Ric Flair. I’ll tell ya what through. I have been looking to cut some costs and your name came up when I asked my finiacial advisers who to cut a couple of times. However, I will give you a match at Wrestlemania. Against a wrestler coming in. Now this wrestler hasn’t wrestled in a major company for a few years. If you win Herc, I will not cut you from the active roster but if you lose, well spring cleaning comes up at Wrestlemania and I am afraid I have little choice to give you the whole heave-ho.

Hercules Fine. This guy is rusty so it should be no problem. I will be in this company at Wrestlemania and beyond.

Hercules leaves the office which leaves Slick smiling.

Slick: Didn’t even ask who the opponent was. Well he is also a legend and one crazy old dirty dog. That Terry Funk will giver Hercules quite a fight at Wrestlemania.

Segment Approval Rating: 68

Marty Jannetty vs Ted DiBiase

Some mat wrestling to start but Jannetty kicks things into overdrive with a monkey flip and a dropkick. Jannetty clotheslines DiBiase over the top to the floor and jumps onto him with a cross body to a mild pop. Jannetty throws DiBiase into the ring and pounds him before throwing him into the buckle and high back drop. DiBiase cheapshots Jannetty to gain control and works over him. Nice snap suplex from the Million Dollar Man and fist drop. DiBiase picks up Jannetty and slams him before going up top but meeting a foot to the face. Jannetty pounds away on DiBiase and trips him up before briding backwards for two. Jannetty whips DiBiase into the ropes and leaping elbow smash to the face. Jannetty covers and gets two. Jannetty suplexes DiBiase and goes up top. Nice fistdrop to the face off the top but two again. Jannetty knees DiBiase in the gut and goes for the Rocker Dropper but DiBiase moves but Jannetty lands on his feet and pivots. Superkick attempt but Dibiase grabs him and spins him around before taking him over with a belly to back suplex. DiBiase catches Jannetty with the Million Dollar Dream as he gets to his feet. Jannetty fights before passing out from the move. After the match, DiBiase pulls a 100 dollar bill from his boot and stuffs it in the mouth of Jannetty.

Winner: Ted DiBiase(w/the Million Dollar Dream)

Segment Approval Rating: 78

Crowd Reaction: 73

Match Quality: 83

Brian Knobbs vs “Insane” Sid Justice

Knobbs attacks at the bell and goes to bodyslam Sid but Sid clubs him in the back with a double axe handle. Sid delivers a side slam and an elbowdrop before pulling Knobbs up and hitting a big boot. Sid goes for a choke slam but Knobbs thumbs him in the eyes and double axe handle off the second rope. Knobbs climbs to the second rope and splash connects for two. Knobbs lifts up Sid and throws him into the buckles. Knobbs charges in with a splash but Sid moves. Sid spins Knobbs around and choke slam. Sid lifts up Knobbs and drills him with a huge power bomb before scoring the pin.

Winner: Sid Justice(w/the Power Bomb)

Crowd Reaction: 66

Match Quality: 75

The Texas Tornado vs Ric Flair(w/Mr. Perfect)

Flair and Tornado do some mat wrestling but Tornado quickly gains control with a pair of arm drags. Tornado throws Flair into the ropes and high back body drop. Tornado grabs Flair but gets thumbed in the eye. Flair chops away on the Tornado before clipping the leg. Stomps to the leg rock the Tornado. Flair delivers a series of knee smashes into the back of the leg. Flair pulls the leg over the bottom rope and sits down on it multiple times. Flair goes for the Figure Four but the Tornado kicks him off and Flair walks right into the clawhold. After about 30 seconds, the Tornado throws Flair into the corner. Flair flip over the corner and Tornado Spin Punch knocks Flair off the ring apron. Flair is on the floor and Flair Flop on the floor. Tornado pulls Flair into the ring and Tornado throws Flair into the corner. Tornado delivers a cross body to Flair but Perfect is on the ring apron. Tornado rushes at Perfect and grabs him but Perfect drops down, snapping the neck of the Tornado on the top rope and rocking him with an “accidental” uppercut. The camera reveals that Mr. Perfect had a foreign object in his hand. Flair grabs the leg and Figure Four Leglock on the Tornado. Tornado’s shoulders are on the mat and the referee counts the pin, giving the match to Flair.

Winner: Ric Flair(w/the Figure Four Leglock)

Crowd Reaction: 80

Match Quality: 81

Hulk Hogan interview

Sean Mooney: I am standing by with the Immortal One himself, Hulk Hogan. Hulkster, in five weeks time at Wrestlemania 8, you will go one on one with Ric Flair to finally prove who is the greatest wrestler of all time. This is a big night for everyone in wrestling but what must being going through your mind at this time?

Hogan: Let me tell you something Sean Mooney. Yes it is true that Wrestlemania is a mere five weeks away. The Hooser Dome will be rocking with hundreds of thousands of little Hulkamaniacs with the billions and billions watching all around the world. Ric Flair, the time has come. You say you are the greatest of all time, well brotha, many people have said that about the Hulkster too. You say that you will end Hulkamania at Wrestlemania, well brotha, the Hulkster has heard that song and dance so many times in his career that it is getting rather old. So we march into Wrestlemania and the intergalatic battle of the lifetime. All the maniacs cheering on their hero, we will get into combat. Ric Flair, you may be a tough dude, but in the end as the Hulkster drops the leg on you and you count the lights on the ceiling, you know that the power of the maniacs is the greatest in the universe, brah. So whatcha gonna do when Hulk Hogan and all the Hulkamaniacs run wild on you, dude.

Hogan poses as we fade out for our main event.

Segment Approval Rating: 91

Sgt. Slaughter vs the Undertaker(w/Paul Bearer)

Undertaker pounds away on Slaughter but Slaughter doesn’t seem to want to play ball so the Undertaker breaks character and stiffs him a couple. Taker chokes Slaughter but Slaughter pushes Taker away and delivers some punches and a clothesline. Stomachbreaker but Taker sits up. Taker clotheslines Slaughter but Slaughter remains on his feet and yells “COME ON MAGGOT”. Taker uppercuts Slaughter down before grabbing by the throat and drilling him with a choke slam. Taker lifts up Slaughter and drives him down with a Tombstone. Arms are crossed across the chest and three. Paul Bearer brings the bodybag in the ring. The Undertaker delivers another Tombstone to Slaughter and Taker stuffs Slaughter in the bodybag before picking up Slaughter again and drilling him with a third Tombstone while in the bodybag. The camera catches Slaugter moving for a brief second before we fade out.

Winner: The Undertaker(w/the Tombstone Piledriver)

Crowd Reaction: 76

Next Week: Jake Roberts vs Virgil(non-title), Jim Duggan vs Jerry Saggs of the Nasty Boys, Kona Crush vs Beau Beverly, and El Matador vs Rick Martel plus a couple of announcements about Wrestlemania and the Road to Wrestlemania special on March 23rd on the USA Network.

Show Approval Rating: 72

5.42 Rating for PTW.

Guest Prototype

Good shows. They are building up well to WM. I liked the attack by Flai ron Hogan. The Hercules firing angle doesnt seem like it would happen back in 92. Terry Funk coming in is cool though. Looking forward to WM8.

Wrestling Observer Newsletter for 3/2/92

February 1992 Supercard results.

WWF SNME February 15th 1992 on FOX: Dark Match: Sid Justice pinned Hercules with a Power Bomb. Televised: The Mega Powers defeated the Undertaker and Jake Roberts when Savage pinned Roberts. As a result, Savage earns a World Title Shot at WM8. Ric Flair defeated Rowdy Roddy Piper. WWF Tag Team Champions the Natural Disasters defeated the New Foundation. Irwin R. Schyster and Ted DiBiase defeated Virgl and Bret Hart. The Mountie pinned El Matador.

GWF Jailbreak February 23rd 1992:

Louie Spicolli pinned GWF Lightheavyweight Champion Jerry Lynn with the Spicolli Driver to win the title. El Ultimo Dragon pinned Black Bart after a springboard moonsault. Alex Porteau pinned John Hawk with a ¾ Nelson Roll. The Coast to Coast Connection(Rod Price and John Tatum) defeated Steven Dane and Gary Young. GWF Television Champion Al Perez pinned Axl Rotten with the Ally Copter Slam. GWF North American Champion Sam Houston pinned Bill Irwin with the Bulldog.

USWA Rest in Peace February 16th 1992: Bad News Brown pinned Ken Raper with the Ghetto Blaster. Miss Texas pinned Doug Masters with a headbutt to the groin in an intergender match. Shane Douglas pinned Mr. Sandman with a Fisherman Suplex and bridge. Jimmy Jack Funk pinned Paul Roma after clocking him with the branding iron. USWA Tag Team Champions the Moondogs defeated Dr D. David Scultz and Tony Atlas by DQ after Dr. D choked out Spot with his own bone. USWA Southern Champion Bart Sawyer pinned Mr. Wrestling II after a roll up and pull of the tights. Maniac Matt Borne pinned USWA World Champion Kamala after Kamala missed Air Africa.

WCW Superbrawl II February 9th 1992: Brian Pillman pinned WCW Lightheavyweight Champion Jushin Liger after a cross body on a criss cross to win the belt. Marcus Alexander Bagwell pinned the Diamond Studd with the Yellow Jacket Suplex. The Nightstalker pinned the Junk Yard Dog with a full nelson into a backbreaker. Big Van Vader pinned the Z-Man with the Power Bomb. Ricky Steamboat pinned WCW United States Champion Rick Rude after Paul E. Dangerously accidentally hit Rude with the cell phone. After the match, Rude fired Dangerously and got beat up by the Dangerous Alliance. Ron Simmons pinned Cactus Jack after the Powerslam. WCW Tag Team Champions Arn Anderson and Bobby Eaton defeated The Steiner Brothers after Bobby Eaton pinned Scott Steiner with the Albama Jam thanks to interference from Stunning Steve Austin. Steve Austin and Larry Zybyzko defeated Barry Windham and Dustin Rhodes when Austin pinned Windham with the Stun Gun. Sting pinned WCW World Champion Lex Luger to win the title after countering the Torture Rack into a crucifix.

News from Around the Wrestling World

Rick Rude was turned face at Superbrawl II after being kicked out of the Dangerous Alliance. He is getting buried on TV losing to both Cactus Jack and Mr. Hughes since the show. His final night appears to be on the March 23rd Clash of the Champions(which should be interesting as it is running head to head with the Road to Wrestlemania special on USA) when he faces Stunning Steve Austin in a career vs disbandment of the Dangerous Alliance Match. Austin is said to be replacing Rude is the number one guy in the Dangerous Alliance and will feud with Ricky Steamboat over the United States Title before moving onto a possible World Title feud in 1993. Rude is of course going to return to the WWF in May.

At a random drug check, Kerry Von Erich(aka the Texas Tornado) was found with cocaine on his person so he was fired by the WWF for refusing to check into rehab. The WWF is cracking down on drugs in the past year with the firings of Shawn Michaels, Steve Keirn (aka Skinner) and now Von Erich. The scheduled Texas Tornado vs Repo Man match at Wrestlemania will be switched to Big Bossman vs Repo Man.

Independent Star Chris Candido got a tryout at a recent WWF taping and is said to be very impressive. He had a pretty good match with Marty Jannetty. Candido and his girlfriend Tammy Lynn Sytch are going to come into the WWF after Wrestlemania 8 full time.

Kamala won back to the USWA World Title against Maniac Matt Borne on a USWA House Show three days after losing it before losing it to Bad News Brown a week later.

Sgt. Slaughter is done with the WWF after not being too happy about doing a job to the Undertaker at the recent TV tapings and no selling some of his offense.

Hulk Hogan is not working WWF house shows up until Wrestlemania 8. Hogan still wants to take his vacation after the show but no word on what will be the outcome of his match with Ric Flair or if Flair vs Hogan or Roberts vs Savage will go on last.

House Show programs between now and Wrestlemania are:

Jake Roberts and the Undertaker vs Sid Justice and Randy Savage

Rowdy Roddy Piper vs Ric Flair

Jim Duggan vs Nasty Boy Brian Knobbs(formally Duggan/Slaughter vs Nasty Boys)

WWF Interconinental Champion Bret Hart vs Ted DiBiase

Irwin R. Schyster vs Virgil

The New Foundation vs the Beverly Brothers

Bob Backlund vs the Mountie in a Shockstick Match

The Natural Disasters vs the Legion of Doom (Tag Team Title Match)

Crush vs Papa Shango

Tatanka vs Rick Martel

Marty Jannetty vs Hercules

The Brooklyn Brawler vs Jim Powers

WWF will have a Pay Per View on June 21st. It is rumored to take the format of the King of the Ring Tournament which has been used on House Shows in the past.

WWF Superstars 2/29/92

Blake Beverly(w/Beau Beverly and the Genius) vs Tatanka

Tatanka will face Rick Martel at Wrestlemania VIII in what should be the toughest challenge in his short career. Blake jumps Tatanka at the bell and dominates him but makes the mistake of ramming his head into the buckle. Tatanka does the pissed off Native American Wardance and chops away at Blake. Dropkicks Beau off the apron. Attacks the Genius when he tries to interfere. Goes up top and cross body on Blake. Cover and pin. Tatanka wins another one.

Winner: Tatanka(w/the Flying Cross Body Press)

Crowd Reaction: 54

Match Quality: 75

Rowdy Roddy Piper interview

Sean Mooney is standing backstage with the Hot Rod

Mooney: Ladies and Gentlemen I am backstage with the man who will be facing the Undertaker at Wrestlemania 8. I am talking about the Hot Rod himself, Rowdy Roddy Piper. Roddy, the Undertaker made some cryptic remarks about a certain someone asking him to take you out.

Piper: Yes Undertaker did make those remarks about taking out the Hot Rod. The Hot Rod is not so easy to take out. The only thing that the Undertaker can take it is Chinese Takeout and even then Paul Bearer gets his hands on that action, if you know what direction of the Hot Rod is blowing the wind. Taker said that this certain someone would give him more graves to fill, almost snake like if you ask the Hot Rod. It seems like someone doesn’t want me near the WWF World Title for some reason. Trust me, well I don’t trust anyone and the Hot Rod will not beat around the bush. Jake Roberts, after I finish off the Undertaker and if you manage to survive your date with the Madness, the Macho Man, to walk out with your WWF World Title at Wrestlemania. Roberts, you and I will have a date with destiny. Back to the Undertaker. Filling graves. Well Taker you better have one foot in that grave because the ol’ Hot Rod will knock you into the abyss of that grave. Fight Taker, you will be in for a fight and you will be the one resting in peace, only it won’t be too peaceful. The Hot Rod will take you down and break you down at Wrestlemania 8. Maybe then, I will put you out of misersly and put you to sleep.

Piper walks off as we fade out of the interview area.

Segment Approval Rating: 81

Reno Riggens vs the British Bulldog

Bulldog works over Riggens throughout the match. Bulldog delivers a Gorilla Press to Riggens before finishing him off with the Running Powerslam. The Bulldog poses over Riggens after the match.

Winner: The British Bulldog(w/the Running Powerslam)

Segment Approval Rating: 53

Crowd Reaction: 41

Match Quality: 66

Ric Flair Interview

Ric Flair is standing backstage with Sean Mooney.

Mooney: I am standing by with the man who in four weeks at time at Wrestlemania will face his biggest challenge yet. I am talking about Ric Flair, as he steps into the biggest match in the eight year history of Wrestlemania and maybe in the history of wrestling against the Immortal Hulk Hogan.

Flair: Let me tell you Sean Mooney, yes this is the biggest night in wrestling history. Nothing can hold a candle to the pure greatness that Hogan vs Flair will bring. The two biggest names in the entire history of wrestling. One on one to decide who is the greatest icon of all time. Let me tell you something Hogan, you are great. Someone with your accomplishments, you have to be great. However, Hogan, there is one thing you are not. Brother, you are not Ric Flair. The name Ric Flair is the name of total excellence. Hogan this is the biggest night of your life. You step into the ring with Ric Flair. Wrestlemania will be the battleground. We will find out who is the best. Hogan can you stand the test? At Wrestlemania will be your gutcheck. It’s time to go to school. Woooo!!!!

Segment Approval Rating: 95

The Anvil vs Papa Shango

Shango vs Kona Crush at WM8 and the Anvil will team up with his partner the Rocket in the New Foundation to face the Nasty Boys. Shango works over the Anvil throughout this match but Anvil comes back. Nice slingshot shoulderblock but Shango gets his hands on the voodoo stick and sets Neidhart’s goatee on fire with some sparks. Anvil puts it out but walks right into a knee and a gutwrench. Shango drives down Anvil with the Shoulderbreaker to score the pin.

Winner: Papa Shango(w/the Shango Shoulderbreaker)

Segment Approval Rating: 65

Crowd Reaction: 69

The Mountie Interview

Sean Mooney is standing backstage with the Mountie and the Mouth of the South, Jimmy Hart.

Mooney: I am backstage with…

Jimmy Hart: Sean Mooney, baby, no one wants to hear you speak. They want to here from the Mountie. Mountie, take it away.

Mountie: I thought I ran Bob Backlund out of the WWF but obviously not. Backlund is walking a fine line and trust me, the Mountie always gets his man. Backlund was lucky to survive but I am sure a little zap will put Backlund back out of action again…

Jimmy Hart and The Mountie share a laugh.

Mountie: Backlund, I heard what the doctor’s said. You are old and you shouldn’t be wrestling after I gave an electrical jump start right to your heart. The Mountie is merciless Backlund and this time, you will be going out on a stretcher after your little shock and never return. Wrestlemania 8 Backlund, I will finally rid the world of your boring act. Something shocking will happen. The end of Bob Backlund.

Jimmy Hart: That’s right baby.

Mountie: Backlund, enjoy your last four weeks as an abled body person because at Wrestlemania I am going to shock you right back to the hospital.

Mountie and Jimmy Hart leave.

Segment Approval Rating: 85

WWF Interconinental Title Match:

“The Model” Rick Martel vs Bret Hart©

Okay match but Martel is a bit past his prime. Bret works over Martel throughout the match, nice offensive by the Excellence of Execution but Martel cheapshots Bret. Couple of backbreakers and knees to the back. Boston Crab but Bret is in the ropes. Bret delivers the Russian Legsweep, suplex, backbreaker, and elbow off the second rope before locking on the Sharpshooter. Martel has no place to go so he submits. Bret retains the title.

Winner and still champion: Bret Hart(w/the Sharpshooter)

3.49 Rating for Superstars.

• 3 weeks later...

WWF Wrestling Challenge 3/1/92

The Lightning Kid and Rob Zakowski vs The Beverly Brothers(w/the Genius)

Kid and Zakowski were pushed by Lord Alfred and Mooney as a young up and coming tag team looking to make a splash. This was a pretty good match with lots of double teaming from both teams. The Beverly Brothers thought they won after the Beverly Bomb but The Kid breaks up the pin and we have a brawl in the ring. Blake gets knocked to the floor and the Kid leaps to the top rope and nice spinning leg lariat off the top rope. Rob Zakowski is in the corner and he delivers a slick backflip splash with his legs split over the ropes. Cover and Zakowski and the Kid score the upset.

Winners: Zakowski and the Kid(w/a split legged backflip splash)

Segment Approval: 73

Crowd Reaction: 51

Match Quality: 96

James E. Cornette video

We see James E. Cornette standing in a backstage setting.

James E. Cornette: Greetings fans of the World Wrestling Federation. My name is James E. Cornette and I am the greatest manager in wrestling today. Guess what, I am coming to the World Wrestling Federation to lead some superstar to greatness. My personal mission is to put the wrestling back in the World Wrestling Federation. I will take some guy with no strings attached and make him into a bonefide World Wrestling Federation superstar. Could that wrestler, be you?

Segment Approval Rating: 74

The Brooklyn Brawler vs Virgil

Virgil squashes the Brawler in this match. Brawler got in some punches and a clothesline but Virgil trapped the Brawler in a full nelson before driving him facefirst into the canvas with a faceslam. Virgil rolls over the Brawler and scores the pin.

Winner: Virgil(w/a full nelson into a faceslam)

Segment Approval Rating: 58

Crowd Reaction: 52

Match Quality: 65

Sid Justice Interview

Gene Okerlund is backstage with Sid Justice. Take it away, Gene

Gene Okerlund: I am standing by with the man who will go one on one with the Barbarian at Wrestlemania VIII. That man is Sid Justice. Sid, the Barbarian has been on a tear as of late with the Genius taking over as his manager.

Sid: Indeed, the Barbarian has been on a tear. WELL I AM GOING TO TEAR HIM A NEW ONE WHERE THE SUN DON’T SHINE. YOU DO NOT MESS AROUND WITH Sid Justice. I WILL EXTERMINATE YOU, BARBARIAN. Genius, my man, WHERE WILL YOU SMARTS GET YOU WHEN YOU ARE TRAPPED WITH A CAGE ANIMAL SUCH AS SID JUSTICE. Very interesting, THAT I WILL PLANT YOUR MONSTER INTO THE CANVAS. One power bomb, IS ALL IT TAKES BARBARIAN. What will you do, when Sid Justice rules you.

Sid Justice paces around as we fade out of the interview area.

Segment Approval Rating: 82

Repo Man vs Kona Crush

Hey, the Repo Man is back from injury. Repo Man tricks Crush into a trip right from the start but only gets two. Crush pounds on Repo and suplexes him but Repo goes to the eyes. Repo runs around cackling like a madman, before hitting a double axe handle off the second rope. This gets a two count. Repo goes for the hubcap but Crush kicks it into his face. Powerslam from Crush, followed by the Kona Compactor. Repo has nowhere to go so he dutifully submits. We are reminded that Crush will face Papa Shango at Wrestlemania VIII

Winner: Crush(w/the Kona Compactor)

Crowd Reaction: 55

Jim Duggan interview

Gene Okerlund is standing by with the Hacksaw.

Gene Okerlund: I am standing by with Hacksaw Jim Duggan. Hacksaw, we are a mere four weeks away from Wrestlemania where you will face the Berzerker in the first ever Viking Death Match in World Wrestling Federation History.

Duggan: That’s right Gene. That no good stinkin’ Berzerker has been a thorn in my side for too long, along with that evil foreign slime Mr. Fuji. This is America and Vikings have nothing to do with America. This is the land of the free and the home of the brave, and I will not let a no good Viking soil the fact that this is the good ol’ USA. USA. I will fight the good fight to drive all evil foreigners out of the land. This is the land of the free and no good foreign influences will not soil it up. Tough guy. Hooo!!!!

Ted DiBiase vs the Big Boss Man

Boss Man pounds on the Million Dollar Man to start, putting him down with an inverted atomic drop and clothesline before draping him over the middle rope and delivering a sliding uppercut. Boss Man suplexes DiBiase backwards but DiBiase goes to the eyes and gutwrench suplex and fistdrop. DiBiase wears down Boss Man with stomps and a kneedrop before climbing to the second rope. Clothesline off the second rope gets two. DiBiase goes for a suplex but Boss Man blocks it and a suplex of his own. Boss Man pounds away on DiBiase and throws him into the corner but Boss Man hits sternum first into the corner and DiBiase goes up to the top but is met with some uppercuts. Boss Man grabs DiBiase and superplex off the ropes. Both men are down and the Repo Man is out from the back. The Repo Man walks over to the ring apron and takes Bossman’s badge, nightstick, and handcuffs before heading towards the back. Boss Man picks up DiBiase and throws him into the ropes. Boss Man Slam drives him down but Boss Man spies the Repo Man and decides to chase after him instead of going for the pin. The referee puts the count on Boss Man and it ends in a countout. DiBiase wins via a countout.

Winner: Ted DiBiase(via countout)

Segment Approval Rating: 78

Crowd Reaction: 76

Show Approval Rating: 70

3.95 Rating for Wrestling Challenge:

• 1 month later...

Prime Time Wrestling for 3/2/92:

Jim Powers vs the Undertaker(w/Paul Bearer)

Powers gets some offense to start but the Undertaker slowly works over Powers with punches and a couple of chokeholds. Taker slams Powers and goes for an elbowdrop but Powers somehow moves. Sitout and Powers delivers two dropkicks and whips Taker into the ropes. Powers manages to hoist up the Undertaker with the Powerslam. Bearer raises the urn above his head and the man from the Darkside sits out. Taker clotheslines Powers down and lifts him up in a choke before tossing him into the corner. Taker scoops up Powers on the rebound and Tombstone scores the pin. After the match, Taker puts Powers in a bodybag and hits him with a second Tombstone while Powers is in the bodybag.

Winner: The Undertaker(w/The Tombstone Piledriver)

Match Quality: 70

Randy Savage interview

Randy Savage is shown in an interview area pacing. He turns the face the camera.

Savage: Wrestlemania draws ever closer, Jake Roberts. The night where you finally get to face the Madness. Snake, you better be ready because the Macho Man is going to explode into you and beat you to capture the World Wrestling Federation Title. The revenge of all the pain you have caused me, Jake the Snake, will be taken out on you at Wrestlemania 8. Yeahhh. I bet you can feel the terror. The Madness is a dangerous thing. You have unleashed the Madness and at Wrestlemania, the Madness will consume you. Oh Yeahhhhhh.

Segment Approval Rating: 88

Butch Stanley vs Bob Backlund

Run of the mill match. Backlund hit an an atomic drop, hooked Stanley in a waistlock and rolled him up for the pin. The Mountie comes out and talks trash to Backlund but doesn’t enter the ring, despite Backlund’s invitation. These two will settle their war at Wrestlemania 8

Winner: Bob Backlund (w/ a waistlock roll up)

Segment Approval Rating: 48

Crowd Reaction: 40

Ted DiBiase interview

Sean Mooney is standing by with Ted DiBiase.

Mooney: I am backstage with….

DiBiase: Silence, Mooney. I am not in the mood to listen to the rantings of a bum such as yourself. The Million Dollar Man is above talking to your type. Bret Hart, Wrestlemania is coming. Can you feell it, Bret? The end of your Interconinental Title reign Bret. Giving the devil his due, you have been a great champion Bret, but the Million Dollar Man would look better with that belt wrapped around his waist. You worked your whole life to be the champion, because you had to to make money. See that is the difference between you and me, Hitman. The Million Dollar Man doesn’t need to work for anything as he already has the money. Bwhahahaha. I work just because I can and because I excel at the sport of wrestling. You may be my toughest opponent Bret, but in the end that Interconinental Title is coming straight to the Million Dollar Man.

DiBiase walks off as we fade out of the interview area.

Segment Approval Rating: 88

El Matador vs Rick Martel

A lot of history between those two, as these two formally teamed up as Strike Force. Tito greeted Martel by punching and kicking away at him before delivering a dropkick and a bodyslam. Tito goes up top but Martel avoids him. Martel works over the back of Tito and backbreaker. Attempted Boston Crab but Martel turns Matador over into the ropes. Matador fights off Martel and figure-four but Martel is in the ropes. Matador picks up Martel and Matador goes for a sunset flip but Martel grabs the middle rope and the referee doesn’t see it. This scores the pin. Martel avoids Tito’s fury after the match. The announcers hype up that Rick Martel will face Tatanka at Wrestlemania 8 and Martel is going to Wrestlemania 8 on a roll.

Winner: Rick Martel(w/a sunset flip block)

Segment Approval Rating: 72

Match Quality: 88

Beau Beverly(w/Blake Beverly and The Genius) vs Kona Crush

Beau attacks Crush at the bell but Crush fights him off with a boot and a double axe handle smash. Crush pulls out a pair of backbreakers but Genius trips him off. Beau pounds Crush and chinlock but Crush fights out. Blake gets knocked off the ring apron and Beau goes for a shot but Crush knees him in the back and sinches on the Kona Compactor. Beau sinks to his knees and submits. Papa Shango comes out from the backstage area and raises his voodoo stick above his head. Shango points it towards the knee of Crush and mutters something, and Crush falls back on the canvas, clutching his knee. Crush is screaming out in pain from whatever Shango did to his knee. On Commentary Lord Alfred Hayes calls it: “An extrodinary bit of Black Magic.” Crush is wounded, four weeks before he has to battle Papa Shango at Wrestlemania 8.

Winner: Kona Crush(w/the Kona Compactor)

Ric Flair interview

Flair is standing by backstage.

Flair: The personification of greatness. Only one wrestler has been called that throughout his career and his name is not Hulk Hogan. You want to know who it is. It is the best thing going today. The greatest wrestler on the planet Earth today. The measuring stick in wrestling. That would be the Nature Boy. See, Hogan, you may be great. In fact, you are great. You could not have held the World Championship four times without having any greatness in your body. See, Hogan, there is a difference between you and the Nature Boy. While you were in the tanning beds, on the beaches, filiming your movies in Hollywood. The Nature Boy was honing his skills. 60 minutes a night, most times more then once a day sometimes. Night after night, the Nature Boy fought through it all. Then what, Hogan. You stole it all by becoming a house hold name. No one cared about Ric Flair wrestling 60 minutes with Carlos Colon in Puerto Rico, David Von Erich in Texas, Dusty Rhodes in Florida, Jerry Lawler in Memphis, you name it and I have wrestled. All they cared about was Hulk Hogan. The cartoon shows, the t-shirts, the foam fingers, Hogan. They mean nothing. You may be a great wrestler but you have become lazy. Nothing more then a poser, Hogan. I wrestled sixty minutes a night, Hogan. SIXTY MINUTES. For ten years. The public was blinded by your t-shirts, your posing. Most of your opponents couldn’t last 15 minutes with you. Some of them weren’t exactly world class wrestlers. Yet, you are called the Greatest Wrestler in the world today and that makes me sick to my stomach. SICK HOGAN. Do you understand me? How many sixty minute matches have you wrestled, Hulkster? Not as many as the Nature Boy has. Hogan, I am going to expose you of what you are. You may be a great wrestler in a sea of mediocre competitors. The fame has swollen your head, Hogan. You think you are better than you really all. I don’t have anything to prove, yet I am nothing because I have never defeated the great and immortal Hulk Hogan.

Flair starts pacing around and getting angry.

Flair: Remember, Hogan. Wrestlemania 8 is the night that Hulkamania comes crashing down around your head. I suggest you get out of your zone of comfort because I am not a big lug who weights 400 pounds, Hogan. I am the best wrestler in the world today, in the history of wrestling and at Wrestlemania, The Nature Boy will prove that you are nothing but a sham Hogan. Greatness will be proved once and for all. Bring you “A” game Hogan, because it will be time to go to school!

Segment Approval Rating: 100

Hercules vs Marty Jannetty

The announcers point out that Hercules is going to put his career on the line against the returning Terry Funk at Wrestlemania 8. Hercules attacks Marty at the bell, pounding him into the corner but Marty comes back with a clothesline and a dropkick. Marty rams Hercs head into the top buckle ten times before whipping Hercules into the ropes. Superkick but Hercules ducks and Hercules clotheslines Marty across the back of the head. Powerslam from Herc and Herc goes up top but Marty gets the boot up to the jaw. Marty pounds away on Herc and goes up top but Hercules yanks the leg of Marty, causing Marty to crotch himself on the top rope. Hercules slams Marty off the top rope and locks him in the Full Nelson. Marty somehow manages to walk up the buckles and kicks off. All four shoulders are on the canvas but Marty raises the shoulder at two and a half and scores the pin. Hercules is not too pleased and he hits Marty from behind and fires some stomps before being restrained by the referee.

Winner: Marty Jannetty(via raising the shoulder on a Full Nelson Bridge)

Segment Approval Rating: 59

Match Quality: 63

Jerry Sags(w/Jimmy Hart) vs Jim Duggan

Punches are traded to start and Duggan backdrops Sags over the top rope and to the floor. Sags pulls Duggan to the floor and by gawd, we have a barrom brawl. Duggan eats the post and Sags breaks the count, allowing Jimmy Hart to get a few cheap stomps on Duggan. Sags rolls to the floor and throws Duggan into the ring. Chokes and a kneedrop but only a two count. Sags smothers Duggan with a facelock but Duggan fights out. Duggan fires an inverted atomic drop off and Duggan delivers a running knee to the midsection before Jimmy Hart gets involved. Duggan punches him off the apron and Sags powerslams Duggan down to get a two count. Sags climbs to the second rope but misses an elbowdrop. Duggan explodes onto Sags with the Three Point Stance and covers him to get the pin.

Winner: Jim Duggan(w/the Three Point Stance, Clothesline)

Jim Cornette promo tape reaired

We see James E. Cornette standing in a backstage setting.

James E. Cornette: Greetings fans of the World Wrestling Federation. My name is James E. Cornette and I am the greatest manager in wrestling today. Guess what, I am coming to the World Wrestling Federation to lead some superstar to greatness. My personal mission is to put the wrestling back in the World Wrestling Federation. I will take some guy with no strings attached and make him into a bonefide World Wrestling Federation superstar. Could that wrestler, be you?

Segment Approval Rating: 75

Non-Title Match:

Virgil vs Jake Roberts

Roberts tricks Virgil into shaking his hands and knee to the gut. Roberts jabs away on Virgil and chokes him on the middle rope before firing some elbows to the back of his head. Roberts whips Virgil into the corner and Roberts pounds away at Virgil but Virgil comesback with a double leg pickup into a slingshot and a dropkick. Virgil fires some punches to Roberts but Roberts thumbs Virgil in the eye and takes him down with a Russian Legsweep. Roberts chokes Virgil and pulls him into a short clothesline. Roberts goes for the DDT but Virgil fights it off. Virgil punches away at Roberts and powerslams Roberts down, getting a two count. Virgil goes up top and shoulderblock off the top rope. Another nearfall on the champion. Virgil whips Roberts into the ropes and hoists him up for a high back body drop. Roberts lands on the canvas but something appears to be wrong as Roberts yells that his knee blew out on the move. Virgil stops for a moment, not wanting to advance if Roberts is injured. Roberts crawls forward and scoops Virgil’s legs out from underneath him, rolling him up while pulling the tights. Three count. Roberts rolls to the outside and limps around a little bit before walking fine. Roberts was faking his injury to score a surprise pin.

Winner: Jake Roberts(roll up with the tights pulled)

Segment Approval Rating: 72

Crowd Reaction: 74

Match Quality: 69

Next Week: Bret Hart vs the Repo Man, Irwin R. Schyster vs Sid Justice, The Nasty Boys and the Natural Disasters vs The New Foundation and the Road Warriors in a special eight man tag team match, and Randy Savage will face The Mountie in the feature bout.

5.50 Rating for PTW: