MattHarms

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Superstars 3/7/92

Kato vs Rob Zakowski

The announcers hyped this match as a match between two high flyers of the future and mentioned that there have been rumblings of a possible WWF Junior Heavyweight Title to be introduced by President Slick after WM8. Lots of high flying moves in the match. James E. Cornette was watching in the stands with a notepad and a pen, taking notes on this match. Kato went for a karate kick but Zakowski ducked and leaping DDT followed by a splash off the top rope. Three beats of the mat later, Zakowski scores the pin.

Winner: Rob Zakowski(w/the Splash off the Top Rope)

Segment Approval Rating: 74

Crowd Reaction: 54

Match Quality: 94

Chris Walker vs The Barbarian(w/the Genius)

Hype for the Barbarian’s match with the insane one known as Sid Justice at Wrestlemania 8 in three weeks time. The Barbarian put a beatdown on Walker but Walker came back. Cross body off the top rope but The Genius is on the apron. Walker swats at the Genius and walks into the Boot of Death from the Barbarian. Barbarian covers Walker with a knee on the chest to score the pin.

Winner: The Barbarian(w/the Boot of Fear)

Segment Approval Rating: 54

Crowd Reaction: 43

Match Quality: 65

Jake Roberts Interview:

Roberts is sitting cross legged in the backstage area with the WWF World Title Belt lying by his side.

Roberts: Pain is a harsh mistress, is it not Randy Savage? Pain can be either physical or emotional. Through the years, I have finished off many unfortunate souls with the most deadly finisher in wrestling. Oh yes, once the DDT connects, no one gets up. Trust me, Savage, you will be no different. The pain you feel at Wrestlemania 8 will be the worst pain you have ever built. When President Slick made this match anything goes, he sacrificed you right to the snake’s den. Believe me, Randy Savage, I have no morals at all. I can do anything I want when you are in my turf. You shall be beaten within an inch of your miserable life, Randy Savage. At the largest wrestling event in the history of this great sport, you shall suffer for the sins of everyone. At Wrestlemania, you will be shown beaten and battered in front of the entire world. That is exactly what will happen to you, Randy Savage, because you don’t have the fire that you once had. Trust Me.

Segment Approval Rating: 85

Iron Mike Sharpe vs Marty Jannetty

Sharpe attacked Marty at the bell and pounded away at him. Sharpe whips Marty into the ropes and ducks the head but pays for it with a sunset flip which scores the pin. That didn’t even last a minute. Sharpe is ticked and he knocks out Marty with his loaded arm band. Marty lies in the middle of the ring, not moving because of the shot.

Winner: Marty Jannetty(w/a sunset flip)

Segment Approval Rating: 53

Crowd Reaction: 47

Match Quality: 60

Hulk Hogan Interview

Sean Mooney is standing by with Hulk Hogan.

Mooney: My name is Sean Mooney and I am standing by with one of the all time greats, the Immortal Hulk Hogan. Hulk, we are three weeks away from Wrestlemania VIII and your match with Ric Flair. What must be going through your mind as you draw closer to this showcase of legends?

Hulk Hogan: Let me tell you something, Sean Mooney! All the Hulkamaniacs can feel it. Wrestlemania crawls ever closer and the clash that will shake the very foundations of the entire universe. Two of the most famous wrestlers in the world today battle it out to see who is the greatest of all time. Ric Flair, you must understand something. Wrestling is forever and so is Hulkamania. You may be a legend in the small pond you came from but you are stepping into the Hulkster’s universe now, brother. Locking horns at Wrestlemania will indeed biggest thing in the entire time scale of professional wrestler. As the collision happens, making a tear in the time and space between the universe and all matter goes through into the other end, The Hulkster will follow Ric Flair to the other side and pin his shoulders to the ground. Then the Hulkster will save the entire universe by carrying everything on his back and pulling the rip shut on the other end with his twenty four inch pythons. It will all go down on the biggest night of wrestling. So whatcha gonna do when Hulkamania runs wild on you, dude!

Hogan poses as we fade out.

Repo Man vs Bob Backlund

Backlund puts the Repo down to the mat with a couple of takedowns and rides him in a facelock. Repo battles out and Repo uses some facerakes to put Backlund down. Repo chokes Backlund on the ropes and goes up top but gets slammed off. Backlund suplexes Repo down but Repo has a hub cap and he smashes it over Backlund’s head behind the back of the referee for a two count. Repo goes up again but Backlund slams him off again. Repo counters that with a small package which is reversed by Backlund to score the pin. Backlund goes into his match with the Mountie at Wrestlemania VIII on a roll.

Winner: Bob Backlund(w/a small package reversal)

Segment Approval Rating: 67

Crowd Reaction: 60

Match Quality: 74

WWF Interconinental Title Match:

Brian Knobbs vs Bret Hart©

No Jimmy Hart at ringside. Bret works over Knobbs right away but Knobbs punishes Bret with power, including dropping him on the guardrail with a press slam. Knobbs throws Bret into the post and Knobbs rides Bret with a camel clutch. The arm drops two and a half times before Bret fights up but Knobbs pulls out a powerslam for a two and three fourths count. Knobbs goes up top but splash misses. Bret hits a Russsian Legsweep but misses with an elbowdrop off the second rope. Knobbs pounds on Bret and gives him a pit stop before going for a suplex but Bret drops down and trips up Knobbs. Bret steps the leg through and turns him over in the Sharpshooter. Bret pulls back on the hold and scores the submission.

After the match, Ted DiBiase entered the ring but Bret caught him with an inverted atomic drop and a punch to the midsection. Bret went after DiBiase further but the Million Dollar Man used the referee as a shield and hit Bret with a foreign object. DiBiase puts the Dream on Bret for over a minute before releasing and stuffing a hundred dolllar bill into the mouth of the Hitman. DiBiase picks up the Interconinental Title Belt and walks out with it. DiBiase laid out the Hitman and stole his championship belt.

Winner: Bret Hart(w/the Sharpshooter)

Segment Approval Rating: 67

Crowd Reaction: 67

Match Quality: 68

Show Approval: 70

3.49 Rating for Superstars:

• 8 months later...