Jigsaw Falling Into Place

YI

No. It was recorded from the dark side of Thom Yorke's brain that requires every 6/10ths of a Radiohead album to sound depressing as all fuck.

As for the video, I haven't seen...but really, do you have to see a Radiohead video twice that isn't called "Just".

*watches as a lot of people suddenly name really awesome Radiohead videos I didn't take into account when saying this statement, you know, like "Karma Police"*

Edited by ROC

No. It was recorded from the dark side of Thom Yorke's brain that requires every 6/10ths of a Radiohead album to sound depressing as all fuck.

As for the video, I haven't seen...but really, do you have to see a Radiohead video twice that isn't called "Just".

*watches as a lot of people suddenly name really awesome Radiohead videos I didn't take into account when saying this statement, you know, like "Karma Police"*

"Paranoid Android" says hello. "There, There" was also pretty awesome. I always had a soft-spot for "No Surprises" too

It's the only good song on In Rainbows.

Heretic liar.

Radiohead are a band I've always wanted to like, but I've never really taken the time to get into their music. What makes this all the stranger is that I realised last night that I actually own four of their albums (The Bends, Amnesiac, Hail to the Thief and In Rainbows).

The two songs I really know well are Creep and Fake Plastic Tress, and I love them both, especially Fake Plastic Trees (there are others I'm aware of but not really familiar with). So here is the challenge I set to you EWB.... with the albums I already have, give me songs that will get me into Radiohead more.

From The Bends

• Just

• My Iron Lung (wait until the guitar solo kicks in halfway through and you'll adore this)

• Spirit Street (fade out)

From Amnesiac

• Like Spinning Plates (takes a bit of getting used to but eerily beautiful)

• Pyramid Song

• Life In A Glasshouse (awesome saxaphone based song)

From Hail To The Theif

• Where I End and You Begin

• A Wolf at the Door

From In Rainbows

• Bodysnatchers

• Jigsaw Falling Into Place

And that's just some of their more accessable songs, If they get you into Radiohead try listening to some of their albums in full especially In Rainbows and Amneasiac.

My recommendations, with formatting shamelessly stolen from the general.

From The Bends

• Just

• Spirit Street

From Amnesiac

• Pyramid Song

• Life In A Glasshouse

From Hail To The Thief

• There There

• I Will

From In Rainbows

• Videotape

• 15 Step

They can be admittedly a bit... out there, at times. Personally I tend to gravitate more towards music that is more exploritative then just plain old four piece and everyone shake a leg kind of stuff. I think Amnesiac is their best album but I find it hard to recommend tracks beyond the two mentioned because a lot of them are from somewhat of a tangent and aren't easily accessible, and make for good mood music more then just good music. Like Spinning Plates on the album is okay, but it's a fantastic song if you can track down a live version, with the undistorted and emotion filled plain harmonization of the lyrics. Also, you need to do yourself a favor and pick up OK Computer. There's no better place to start when it comes to getting into Radiohead, as it's probably their most radio friendly and understandable commercial release.