Cloverfield

timbawolf

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Abrams being the cause of this the secrets solution (if there is one...) will higly likly be shit.

I just can´t see him doing anything good, but on the other side, people don´t seem to notice, a lot of people i know are exited about this... he knowes to sell and people just don´t notice that they get vince russoed over and over again. >_>

Besides, american godzilla movies just don´t do the trick, it´s not all in spending big money on an computer animated mumbo jumbo >_>

godzilla2000-02.jpg

I mean, what do you expect more than this being just another monster movie? (If he shows the monster) it will look somehow and thats it. People scream, stuff gets broken, it might be ok but with the hype behind it it just needs to end up below the expectations :-X Some alien, some dinosaur, some toxic beast... comes in and kills everyone that is around.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

I mean, what do you expect more than this being just another monster movie? (If he shows the monster) it will look somehow and thats it. People scream, stuff gets broken, it might be ok but with the hype behind it it just needs to end up below the expectations :-X Some alien, some dinosaur, some toxic beast... comes in and kills everyone that is around.

With Abrams being the cause of this the secrets solution (if there is one...) will higly likly be shit.

I just can´t see him doing anything good, but on the other side, people don´t seem to notice, a lot of people i know are exited about this... he knowes to sell and people just don´t notice that they get vince russoed over and over again. >_>

Besides, american godzilla movies just don´t do the trick, it´s not all in spending big money on an computer animated mumbo jumbo >_>

godzilla2000-02.jpg

Yeh, didn't Abrams say he was in a Japanese toy shop with his kid looking at Godzilla toys, and he thought we needed a new monster? Personally, I think he's right and maybe if this film is successful it might raise the bar for say, a Godzilla sequel or a Voltron movie etc. And I can see these giant fantasy creatures phasing back in for another run. I mean King Kong was a brilliant remake IMO. Hell, I might be straying off a little here but even Transformers, which I thoroughly enjoyed (maybe the fanboy in me :wub:) is a fantasy action movie.

I've seen 2 reviews for it and both have described it as incredibly bad ass, so I'm pretty excited for it.

Of course its been confirmed that the monster is in fact not a giant mutated upright walkng Whale, so I'm a little disappointed.

I've seen 2 reviews for it and both have described it as incredibly bad ass, so I'm pretty excited for it.

Of course its been confirmed that the monster is in fact not a giant mutated upright walkng Whale, so I'm a little disappointed.

Yeh I saw that pic, it looked pretty bad ass with the giant bacteria bug things. But what I really want it to be is some kind of mutated shark, now I would be creamin my pants if that happened!

Yeh I saw that pic, it looked pretty bad ass with the giant bacteria bug things. But what I really want it to be is some kind of mutated shark, now I would be creamin my pants if that happened!

I read some spoilers over at another site. Kind of pissed that I did, but they have no idea if they are the real spoilers or not so I have no idea. It sounds like a great movie from what I have heard and one of those "You have to see it to actually understand how good it is" movies. All I know is I am going the first day it comes out and am still going to be pumped as ever for it.

LOL well not shitty like Street Sharks but something of that idea. But I'm really trying to think what kind of sea monster it could be? So it's got bacterial louse, which other big sea creature has them? Could be a big clue to what it is?

Just stop now; the monster isn’t a mutated animal what so ever. In fact, since this movie focuses on the people surviving, we never get any clue of how it came to be/what it is/why it’s attacking. It’s just a giant monster attacking Manhattan.

Just to make a point on someone saying it might bring forth a new Godzilla movie. The last Godzilla movie was Godzilla Final Wars in 2004, and they stated they are retiring the series until around 2012-2015 so to bring interest back to it.

I thought the handheld camera was cool, and this has been really really hyped. Hopefully I'll be able to check it out, as I'm interested in seeing if the hype is justified.