Linkin Park

tristy

Back when Hybrid Theory came out in 2001, I was a huge fan. I joined their LP Underground fanclub, got their EP, was blown away, etc. Meteora came out, and it was a rehash. For the most part, I love Reanimation.

But, recently, I've been giving Minutes To Midnight a spin every few days, and I've come to the conclusion that it might be one of 2007's best in mainstream rock, and obviously LP's best.

Don't get me wrong. They're no Muse ( :mellow: ), but some of the songs are just greatness. "In Pieces", "In Between", "Valentine's Day", "The Little Things Give You Away" and "Hands Held High" are some of the most progressive pieces of music they've made since their debut in 2001. In a way, that's kinda sad, but it's awesome to think that in a few more years, how good they might be. Of course, every album is going to have a "One Step Closer" and "In The End" to make some dough, but if they keep putting a few songs on each of their future albums like the one's I mentioned, then I'll keep downloading buying.

All I know at this moment is that Chester is one of my favorite rock vocalists at the moment, and Shinoda and the rest of the crew are beginning to show some promise.

Discuss their newest album, and I guess bash their newest album.

I have to agree about the assessment of the songs you listed, specifically "The Little Things Give You Away" and "Hands Held High." Really shows some awesome music writing ability from the group, and I would love to see the next album expand upon the songs mentioned above. It's really amazing how they expanded upon their sounds and musical ideas and came together with some great stuff.

I'd love to see them take a chance and not put obligatory "money" singles ("One Step Closer"/"In The End"/etc.), and just make an actual album, one you can play from start to finish where it goes somewhere.

I :wub: Linkin Park. The album copped a lot of beats when it was released, so I held off for a while. But when I heard Bleed It Out, I went out and bought the album in a matter of days.

My main issue with is it the complete and utter lack of the goodness that is Mike Shinoda, and one of his two songs is wrapped up in token anti-Bush bullcrap. With that said “With hands held high under the sky so blue until the ocean opens up to swallow you” is quite good for mellowing out when I’ve had a rough day at work.

Aside from Hands Held High, and In Between…which kinda suck, I thought the album was great. It’s more emo yes, but I don’t believe the lyrics, I just sing along with ‘em.

I loved Hybrid Theory, one of the first CDs I bought. I'm also one of the few who enjoys Reanimation. Meteora was quality, if not a little samey. But I hate the new album, I don't know whether their bland performance at Download has anything to do with it, but it's just dull. It seems they're fazing out the electronica and rappier sides to them that I really liked and just going down this boring cookie cutter rock formula, and I'm not a fan.

I LOVE Reanimation with a passion, Meteora was solid, Hybrid Theory was good and I enjoy Minutes To Midnight very much. As musicians, they are very solid. I love Shinoda's production on all the albums, as well as the input they all have on the music. Muscially, Minutes to Midnight was - as you said - their most progessive and solid effort yet. However, for the style of music I enjoy, Reanimation was the best.

Saying that, I enjoy everything they do and will continue to do so, I imagine.

I used to be very anti-Linkin Park. But I'll give the guys props - they manage to reinvent themselves with each album and stay relevant. They are very very very intelligent and hard working guys who know how to market themselves and make fine ass music.