The OAO Grand Theft Auto IV Thread

abundant

After that first attempt at 3 Leaf Clover that almost succeeded, it's taken me about 5 more tries, each one except the last getting nowhere near as close to finishing it. Misplaced grenades killing people, being unable to get away from the police

Y'know how you have a 3-star wanted level when you get out of the subway? I got out of the radius, and tried to hide somewhere off of the streets. Turned out I hid in a police compound, and I was slapped with a 4-star wanted level for that.

Would that be

Catch A Wave
? If so, yea that was pretty annoying. Doesn't help that he is like "lol, I will run in whilst they shoot me, to hell with the consequences." I managed to get it done on my second attempt.

I'm stuck on the last mission. When I have to chase him on the bike, where the fuck do I go? Up the steps? Because I can't see no coastline?

Also, can I blow up his boat if I get there quick enough?

Last mission help ^^.

I'm fairly certain you can't destroy his boat, even when you're in the in annihilator, you can't actually hurt him since the game 'ends' on happyness island, so you're basically just following him.

Also, how can he be in a boat if there's no coastline? >_>

I can't remember exactly, but isn't the bike right next to the pier when he jumps on the boat? Just follow the waters edge until you get to a ramp, line it up properly then follow him in the chopper.

Guest R.Moncrief
I mean, there's a pier. But... nothing else. It confuses the fuck out of me, but ehhh.

Follow the direction that the boat goes. It sticks to a coastline. The only difficulty in the chase comes later on when you need to have some considerable speed when heading up the ramp you come across. Just head to the area outside of the mission and study the coastline. It's not hidden in any way.

Can you access the Police Car Computer/Database any time once you've used it or is it only available in certain missions?

Maybe I'm going crazy but I thought you could use it... and I've ran out of buttons to try. =(

Thanks. I was parked up in it for ages trying different buttons (pressing and holding)... I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong =\ I'll try that though (Y)

edit: Yeah tapping L1 tends to make Niko smash the window in preparation to shoot. I know L1 is the 'context' button so that's the first thing I tried. Maybe I'm just retarded.

Yeah I've done the "Search and Delete" mission a while back where you use the computer. I figured I'd be able to use it after that. I'll give it another go when I'm back at home anyway, like I said it might just be me.

So I was checking out my Liberty City Marathon stats:

Walk & Run - 18% (Bronze Certificate)

Drive - 8%

Swim - 6%

Activities - 6%

Fire - 14% (Bronze Certificate)

Jack - 12%

Stunts - 11%

Public Transport - 100% (Gold Certificate/514 Miles)

Arrested - 1%

Wasted - 12 %

Yay for lazyness and taking taxi's everywhere. :shifty:

What's yours?

Walk & Run - 14% (Bronze)

Drive - 16% (Bronze)

Swim - 2%

Activities - 3%

Fire - 11%

Jack - 11%

Stunts - 16% (Bronze)

Public Transport - 78% (Silver)

Arrested - 0%

Wasted - 8%

The site still hasn't caught up completely in terms of how much percentage I've completed the game, so I doubt it's entirely accurate, but it's still fun to see how lazy we are as a group >_>

Edited by Kaney