The Anime Thread

Ruki

I haven't seen Akira either >.> I don't even know anything about it.

But I have way too much anime to watch, and no time, it pisses me off! I have a few series burnt (Outlaw Star, Ouran Highschool Host Club, Grenider, Elfen Lied), and two or three more I have yet to burn.

Also in the slow process of downloading Chrono Crusade.

I watched about the first 6 or 7 episodes when they first aired. Does the plot/pacing/etc. take a big jump at any stage because I kind of lost interest? If you've got that far, that is.

I'm... up to nine? And episodes eight and nine are far better than the earlier stuff but I'm not quite sure if it's going to keep up the pace. I don't blame you, though, because I barely managed to continue after episodes five and six pretty much turned out to be the exact same formula all the other episodes had.

Yoko Kanno does the scoring, so the music's beautiful.

I swear, any anime she does the scoring for, I'd buy just the soundtrack and be satisfied with completely. Some of my favorite songs from any anime ever come from her works.

Yoko Kanno is good, but I have to put Yuki Kajiura right up there as well. Look to the likes of Mai-HiME/Otome, Noir (the only good thing about Noir is the soundtrack...), the latter two Xenosaga games and various other things for examples of her work.

... Eva was on Adult Swim?

I swear it was, but I can't find mention of it on wikipedia. AS is the only channel that we receive that consistently shows anime, and I know I saw Eva on TV (the only two other stations I know of that air any anime at all are Fuse and SciFi). It was a short run, all of a month, two tops - haven't ever seen it on again.

So ANN tells me I'm horribly, horribly wrong and my sense of time is the worst. Ever.

2003-02-24 to 2003-02-25 (USA - Eps. 1-2 on Cartoon Network)

2005-10-21 to 2006-04-21 (U.S. Broadcast - AdultSwim)

Edited by Cloudy Is Thugnificent

Those sex sequences would have gotten either really boring or really goddamn weird really fast.

... Thanks, now I can hardly stop thinking about it :(

Just to throw something in stoke's face, what about Makai Senki Disgaea or Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei? I'm sure the latter you've already watched, but the former might have slipped past, dunno. If you've ever played the Disgaea games or their relatives and enjoyed the humor, it's an allright little show to pass time with.

I am burying myself in my room tonight with Bubblegum Crisis: Tokyo 2040. Over the past few weeks, I've been just getting memories of that fucking show and how much I love it and it makes me want to watch. Now that school's over, there will be anime marathons, oh yes!

The Disgaea anime was shockingly bad. And I do mean shockingly bad. I had many a rant about that one, given my adoration of the game(s).

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei seems to have slipped me by. May have to give it a look.

Does anyone else think Midori Days was a better premise for a hentai show, then a straight anime?

I have to praise Midori Days because it managed to take what, in my experience, was one of the most fucked up show premises ever...and actually pull a pretty good series out of it. A hentai angle would have just been too obvious. :shifty:

and (it's hinted by Dr. Makinoha) her physiological needs are fulfilled using Seiji's excretory system.

... does.. does she have a period? This show.. is scaring me :(

I was flicking through the trailers on some of my anime DVD's today and noticed an absolutely amazing looking show that instantly captured my interest. It was called Le Portrait de Petit Cosette. Has anyone heard of it? Anyone know of where I can get it in English?

EDIT: Nevermind, found it. Now the matter of importance is finding the cash >_>.

Edited by Momo