The Anime Thread

Ruki

Well it's a boring day and I need something to watch while I eat dinner. Evangelion watch-through starts now.

Well, that was a trip...

A series and two movies. Not fully satisfied with either ending though.

I watched Summer Wars the other night when it was on Toonami. Not a bad little movie, and a pretty decent English cast & dub.

I finally managed to watch Attack on Titan, and I absolutely loved it. I loved the twists, the characters, the animation, the battles, the soundtrack, everything. Can't wait for the second season.

If the current progress of the manga is anything to go by, you might want to savor it for what it was. It's so convoluted now, way too much going on, nothing being answered, and more questions being asked. There was so much that went on in the first 30 or so chapters and a ton has gone on since, but there's just too many characters, subplots, and questions for it to handle now.

However, depending how the do an anime adaptation of it they might be able to work around a lot of the problems the manga has created for itself.

I haven't read any of the manga, but that certainly is discouraging to know. Hopefully an anime adaptation will be able to get around those problems you mentioned :(

I finally managed to watch Attack on Titan, and I absolutely loved it. I loved the twists, the characters, the animation, the battles, the soundtrack, everything. Can't wait for the second season.

If the current progress of the manga is anything to go by, you might want to savor it for what it was. It's so convoluted now, way too much going on, nothing being answered, and more questions being asked. There was so much that went on in the first 30 or so chapters and a ton has gone on since, but there's just too many characters, subplots, and questions for it to handle now.

However, depending how the do an anime adaptation of it they might be able to work around a lot of the problems the manga has created for itself.

I haven't read any of the manga, but that certainly is discouraging to know. Hopefully an anime adaptation will be able to get around those problems you mentioned :(

Some people really like it, and creating their own theories for everything. I just don't like having more questions asked when nothing is still getting answered, that's my personal preference.

I just finished 2.0. So far I'm liking the rebuilds of Evangelion much more than the original series. I like the less cowardly Shinji and it feels like you're getting more interaction between the pilots outside of the Evas.

My Psycho-Pass special edition blu-ray has finally been shipped. I ordered it months ago, but I dunno why, it was only shipped now. I really want to watch this, I watched the first 4 to 5 episodes before ordering it and loved the premise and the overall story (well, what I saw up to that point, I believe I only scratched the surface, which makes me even more excited). Can't wait!

You both have terrible tasted.

I expected more from you, Mr. Johnny.

Why, my good sir, I'll have you know that my taste is impeccable!

SAO isn't one of my favorites, but I still love it. It's mindless fun. It's no Durarara, Spice & Wolf or Toradora (three of my all-time faves), but it's still pretty fun.

SAO stuff

11 episodes in.

I like that Asuna doesn't need Kirito to protect or save her all the time. She's just as good and strong as him. I really like that they got married midway in. Most anime involving a relationship like this would have a "will they, won't they?" type thing till the end where maybe a marriage would happen(See Inuyasha).

Kirito's sister is weird. I'm assuming people were told what the game was so after two months of him being awake she's still completely confused when he's doing something from the game. After a week you'd think you'd start realizing anything weird he does or says is because of the game.

Well, that second half completely undid the "Asuna doesn't need Kirito to protect or save her all the time" bit.

Assassination Classroom is starting up Jan 9th. Sounds like it might be interesting.

Forget about homework and pop quizzes. The students of Class 3E have a far more important assignment: kill their teacher before the end of the year! A tentacle-d sensei that moves at Mach 20 is out to conquer the classroom after destroying seventy percent of the moon. In addition to reading, writing, and arithmetic, the murderous monster behind the lectern will teach his students everything he knows about the assassination game. Should some eager beaver prove to be a quick study in killing, he or she will save Earth from extinction – and collect a hefty reward. But they’d better take some serious notes while class is in session because their slaughtering sensei has eight deadly tentacles just waiting to wreak havoc on humanity!

Don't know if there are fans of the show here, but I've been watching the two season of A Certain Scientific Railgun, as I'm a fan of the Index/Railgun series and hadn't watched Railgun S yet. Since I hadn't seen Railgun in years, I'm watching both back to back. I finished Railgun S' episode 6, and...

Holy shit, Accelerator. I don't know if my perception of him had been warped by watching the Index series, where he, IIRC, eventually turns over a new leaf and was a pretty damn cool character, but damn, I had forgotten how much of a sadistic monster he is to the Sisters.

Also, it's kind of weird watching a storyline unfold in a show when I know what the end result will ultimately be because I saw the end on another show. It looks like it will be a lot more fleshed out on this one, though, which makes sense, seeing as the main victims are clones of the protagonist, which is fine by me.

Inou Battle is now over! It was an enjoyable series, had a lot of promise...but kinda focused on the wrong parts (highschool harem lovestory type stuff, instead of highschool kids getting super powers and having this thing called 'The Fairy War' going on). Hopefully there will be a second season where they can address this issue.