WWF 99, the Golden years

Some of you may remember me.. some of you may not, but over a year ago, I started a WWF 99 diary for an EWB tournament which I eventually won, and got a decent fan base with it. But I slowed down a bit and eventually lost everything I had when my computer broke down, and gave up on it. But now, I've decided to start a brand new WWF 99 diary, some things may be done the same, but many things will be done differently. I'm not going to go into a backstory because honestly I don't feel like it's needed. If you have a problem with that, then just don't read the diary. I'm starting from immediately after the Royal Rumble, which I will give quick results from in this post, then post RAW immediately after. I'm not going to go into a roster because eventually everyone will be used. This just shows my laziness, but o well, hopefully I'll make it up in shows. One mistake I did make was that in EWR, the scenario maker had Royal Rumble set for the 17th, and I never realized it. So we're a week off from real time, but it'll work out. Now for Royal Rumble 1999 results:

Event: Royal Rumble 1999

Date: January 17, 1999

Arena: Arrowhead Pond at Anaheim

Attendence: 14, 816

Sunday Night Heat Match: Christian pinned Jeff Hardy (11:00)....Sunday Night Heat Match: Bob Holly and Scorpio defeated Too Much (Scott Taylor and Brian Christopher) (3:52) when Holly pinned Christopher....Sunday Night Heat Match: Mankind pinned Mabel (5:04)....Big Boss Man pinned Jesse Jammes (11:52)....Intercontinental Heavyweight Title Match: Ken Shamrock defeated Billy Gunn (11:52) via submission to retain the Intercontinental Heavyweight Title....European Heavyweight Title Match: X-Pac pinned Gangrel (5:53) to retain the title....World Women's Title Match: Sable defeated Luna (4:43) in a "strap" matchto retain the title....World Heavyweight Title Match ("I Quit" Match): Rocky Maivia defeated Mankind (21:46) in an "I quit" match to win the title....Royal Rumble Match: Vince McMahon won the "royal rumble" (56:38). Also in the match were: Steve Austin, Big Boss Man, Steve Blackman, Blue Meanie, D-Lo Brown, Chyna, Droz, Edge, Gangrel, Gillberg, Godfather, Goldust, Golga, Billy Gunn, Owen Hart, Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Mark Henry, Jesse Jammes, Jeff Jarrett, Kane, Kurrgan, Viscera, Dan Severn, Ken Shamrock, Tiger Ali Singh, Al Snow, Test, Val Venis, and X-Pac.

Up next, WWF RAW is WAR for January 18th, 1999

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WWF Monday Night RAW is WAR

January 18th, 1999

Live from the sold out Staples Center in Los Angelos, California

The WWF logo flashes across the screen as we cut to the WWF opening video. As the video ends, the camera cuts to scenes of last night’s Royal Rumble match. It shows Viscera eliminating Dan Severn, Tiger Ali Singh, and the Blue Meanie quickly then getting eliminated himself. Then, Kane is shown eliminating his four eliminations then eliminating himself. Steve Austin is shown eliminating Shamrock, Gunn, Test, Bossman, Triple H, Chyna, and Owen Hart. Then, Chyna is shown eliminating Mark Henry to a huge pop from the crowd. Finally, Vince McMahon is shown eliminating Steve Austin with the help of the Rock as Vince is shown smiling before we cut to the RAW opening video. After the video, fireworks are shown going off on the stage as Good Ol’ JR is heard over the screaming crowd.

JR: Hello everybody, I’m Good Ol’ Jim Ross alongside Jerry “The King” Lawler, and King, what a Royal Rumble we had last night. Not only did a new man walk out as the WWF World Heavyweight champion, but our boss, Vince McMahon beat STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN to win the Royal Rumble match itself.

Jerry “The King” Lawler: I have to admit, JR. That was one of the most shocking moments EVER in the World Wrestling Federation, but I’m enjoying it, JR. I mean, Vince has the talent to shine, his only obstacle is that he owns the federation, but that could work to his advantage.

JR: I just don’t see Vince main eventing Wrestlemania, King. I mean, Wrestlemania is supposed to showcase the best of the best, and as good of a businessman as Vince McMahon is, he just isn’t up to the level of men such as Stone Cold Steve Austin.

King: But JR, we SAW that Stone Cold didn’t earn his shot at Wrestlemania, so he should just forget about it. We have a future Rock vs. Vince McMahon match to look forward to!

“NO CHANCE” hits over the loudspeaker as the crowd goes into a soar of boos. Vince McMahon walks out with a bandage on his head.

JR: Well speak of tha devil himself, and WHAT is up with that bandage on McMahon’s head? He’s acting like he was in a warzone last night.

King: He WAS, JR? Have you ever experienced a Royal Rumble? I have and it can get pretty brutal. And this man walked out of that warzone as the winner, of course he’s going to have battle scars.

JR: Spare me, King. This man was in no danger last night.

Vince walks down the ramp all smiles. He reaches the ring and walks up the steps. He stands on the apron staring at the ropes as a referee who is on the outside walks over and pulls the rope down for the boss as he steps through the ropes. Vince stands in the ring smiling as the crowd chants “Stone Cold”. Vince walks over and asks for a mic as he gets ready to speak.

Vince McMahon: Is that man all you people care about? Stone Cold Steve Austin is a FAILURE. Do you people realize that? That man tried to defeat me? That man tried to defeat the smartest man in this INDUSTRY? I’m sure none of you ever expected me to walk out of the Royal Rumble as the winner of possibly the greatest battle royal ever in sports entertainment history. With all the greats in that match, I stepped forward as the superior. This wound on my forehead, this is a battle scar of my greatest accomplishment. So tonight, I’m here in a good mood. A mood I have never been in tonight. So tonight, I looked over to the World Wrestling Federation Developmental territory, Ohio Valley Wrestling, and chose their brightest star to join me here on RAW tonight. Now not only will he be joining me on RAW, but I have decided to celebrate MY win with seeing a young star of the FUTURE step up to the plate against my World Wrestling Federation World Heavyweight Champion, The Rock in tonight’s main event! (Crowd goes into a soar of boos) Now I’m sure you’re wondering who this young star is. Well this young man is more of an amateur wrestler than a professional wrestler. This man went on to win the 1996 Olympic wrestling gold medal for the United States of America. This young man has only recently joined OVW, but is already easily their top star. I would like to introduce to you all, a TRUE American Hero, Kurt.. AAAAAANGLE!!

“Real American” kicks up over the loudspeaker as the crowd goes nuts hearing Hogan’s old music. Kurt Angle walks out onto the ramp in an Olympic style jumpsuit and his gold medals hanging in front of the jumpsuit. He walks down the ramp and slides into the ring. He jumps on the turnbuckle and kisses his gold medals as he climbs down and stares at Vince McMahon.

Vince: So young man, as I have given you such a huge shot tonight, do you have anything you would like to say to me?

Kurt Angle: Vince, I have one thing to say. Tell you buddy The Rock that the Olympic CHAMPION is coming for him TONIGHT!! God friggin Bless America!!!

Angle tosses the mic and smiles before sliding out of the ring and backing up the ramp smiling as Vince looks a little upset as we cut to a commercial.

A commercial for AND 1 is promoted mainly through the commercial break.

Road Agent Notes: Kurt Angle debuted his new gimmick (All-American), it got a positive response. Kurt Angle gained 2 points of overness from this segment.

Booker Notes: 84% for the opening segment. Very interesting way to bring in the young superstar, Kurt Angle. He has a very bright future, and this could definitely work for him.

As the camera comes back, The Brood’s music begins to play as the red light shines on the ramp as Christian walks out and JR and King are talking.

JR: I have to say, King, that young man has a lot of guts saying something like that to Vince McMahon, but just from the look of Kurt Angle, I can see he has a HUGE future in this federation.

King: As long as he has respect, he will reach high points, JR, I guarantee that, but he didn’t show a lot of respect tonight to our owner who has given him the chance of a lifetime. He didn’t even thank Vince, JR. That’s COMPLETE disrespect.

JR: Well, King, talking about young stars with a future, we have to look towards the ring right now at Christian. Although now he’s a member of the Brood and a member of the Ministry of Darkness, but this young man definitely has the talent to be a superstar, he even opened his WWF career with a Light Heavyweight title win, King.

King: Both Christian AND his brother, Edge are future stars, JR. I see it in both of them, and with The Undertaker leading them, honestly I don’t see how anybody could ever stop them.

Christian slides into the ring and jumps onto the turnbuckle and stares out at the crowd. He takes off his sunglasses and throws them into the crowd as he jumps down and waits in the ring as “OHHH YOU DIDN’T KNOWWWW… YOUR ASS BETTA CALLLLLL SOMEBODYYYYY” hits up over the loudspeaker.

JR: Here he is, the World Wrestling Federation Hardcore champion. Remember folks, this match is for the Hardcore championship and Road Dogg Jesse James is definitely a fighting champion, but Christian could definitely walk out of here with the Ministry of Darkness’ first championship.

King: Imagine how amazed The Undertaker would be, JR. I mean, Christian could become the Ministry’s finest star other than the big man himself.

Road Dogg steps out thru the curtain with the Hardcore championship over his shoulder and a mic in his hand.

Road Dogg: Whoa whoa whoa, cut the music. (Road Dogg laughs and shakes his knees) LLLLLLLLLADIES and GENTLEMEN.. BOYS AND GIRLS.. CHILDREN OF ALL AGES. Degeneration X is proud to bring to you the World Wrestling Federation Hardcore Champion of the World and one half of the soon to be World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Champions, The Road Dogg JESSE JAAAAAMES!!! Haaa.. and if you ain’t down with Degeneration X and the New Age Outlaws, I got two wooooooooords for yaa..

Crowd: SUCK ITTT!!

The crowd goes nuts as Road Dogg tosses the mic and charges down the ramp. He slides into the ring and pulls the title off his shoulder as the bell rings.

WWF Hardcore Championship Match

Road Dogg Jesse James © vs. Christian

Dogg starts the match right off by clotheslining Christian with the Hardcore title belt then throwing it out of the ring. Dogg immediately goes for the cover by Christian kicks out at 2. Dogg lifts Christian up and throws him across the ring and tries to hit him with a high knee, but Christian blocks it, gets behind Dogg and hits him with a reverse DDT. Action goes back and forth like a typical hardcore match, until Edge makes his way to the ring with Gangrel’s goblet and smashes it over Dogg’s head, knocking him right into Christian’s Unprettier for the pin and the championship!

Winner via pinfall and *NEW* WWF Hardcore Champion, CHRISTIAN!

As Christian grabs his Hardcore championship, he climbs on the turnbuckle and raises it up as Edge stands behind him looking serious as Billy Gunn charges the ring. Edge notices him and gets Christian down as they slide out of the ring and run through the crowd as Gunn helps Road Dogg as we cut to a commercial.

We cut to a commercial for Blockbuster video to start off the commercial break.

OR: 80%

CR: 81%

MQ: 81%

Road Agent Notes: Road Dogg lost 1 point of overness from this match. The WWF Hardcore title has gained in image.

Booker Notes: *** match, very good considering Christian is relatatively new to the WWF, and Road Dogg’s wrestling skills are sub-par. An easy way to get the New Age Outlaws back into tag title contention, and a good way to semi-push the young superstar, Christian in giving him the honor of bringing the first title to the Ministry of Darkness.

As the camera comes back, JR is heard talking as we have a freeze screen with During the Break in the bottom left corner.

JR: Folks, we have a brand new WWF Hardcore champion, but during the break, something interesting happened to another champion, the WWF Light Heavyweight Champion, Gillberg. Let’s take a look.

The camera cuts to Gillberg walking down the hallway with his WWF Light Heavyweight title over his shoulder as he walks towards his dressing room and opens the door as the light shines showing Japanese letters written across the wall and a mask laying in front of the wall. Gillberg looks shocked as he backs up in fear and runs off almost dropping his championship as we cut back to JR and The King.

Road Agent Notes: None

Booker Notes: 33%, horrible segment considering that NOBODY cares about Gillberg, but interesting in the fact that the WWF is promoting a Japanese star, yet nobody is quite sure who they are promoting, but obviously it has to do with a mask.

JR: Well King, I don’t know what that was about, but it seems as if SOMEBODY is after our Light Heavyweight champion.

King: You gotta think about it, JR. Gillberg doesn’t exactly have any major challengers for his Light Heavyweight championship right now, so somebody has to step up to the plate, and now it seems as if somebody finally is.

“Pimpin Ain’t Easy” kicks up over the loudspeaker as the crowd goes nuts. The Godfather and Val Venis step out onto the ramp with women surrounding them. Venis smiles as he walks with two women on his arms and Godfather walks with his pimp stick and makes train noises as two women hold on to him. They walk down the ramp as the women wait outside the ring and Godfather and Val climb into the ring. Godfather stays in the ring as Val gets onto the apron. The Ministry of Darkness music kicks up over the loudspeaker as The Undertaker’s henchmen, Faarooq and Bradshaw walk out onto the ramp. They stare into the ring as they walk right towards it and climb in. Faarooq stays on the apron as Bradshaw gets in the ring and the bell rings.

Tag Team Match

Val Venis and The Godfather vs. The Acolytes

Typical brawl tag team match. Action goes back and forth but the Acolytes keep the advantage as the more experienced team. After an accidental ref bump by Bradshaw, Goldust walks down the ramp in a gold pimp suit, gold pimp hat and golden pimp stick as the crowd goes nuts. Goldust climbs into the ring and cracks the pimp stick over Bradshaw’s head while Godfather is on the ground, then he rolls Godfather on top of Bradshaw and runs over and cracks the pimp stick over Faarooq’s head as well knocking him off the apron as the ref eventually comes thru and counts the pin.

Winners via pinfall, The Godfather and Val Venis

As Goldust backs up the ramp, Val Venis stares out at him with a disgusted look on his face as he climbs into the ring and helps Godfather up as we cut to a commercial.

A commercial for eBay starts off the commercial break.

OR: 81%

CR: 76%

MQ: 86%

Booker Notes: ***3/4 match, amazing match with the Acolytes involved. Interesting to see where this storyline with Goldust goes as Val didn’t seem too happy.

As we come back from commercial, we cut to the Degeneration X locker room.

Triple H: Well boys, tonight may not have started off well for Degeneration X, but it’s going to end well. Pac, up next we’re teaming up to take on two members of Vince McMahon’s Corporation. We gotta do this not only for ourselves, but for the rest of this company. Degeneration X is taking over, and just as we showed last week not only are the 4 of us 4 of the best wrestlers in this company, but CHYNA is almost up to our level. Nobody can stop us now, and as far as Kane and Big Bossman go, they’re just another small step up on our way to the top.

Road Dogg: Just wait until I get my hands on that little goth, Christian and his brother too.

Billy Gunn: Don’t even worry bout it, bro, the New Age Outlaws will take care of that problem.

Booker Notes: 90%, great segment setting up not only the next match but a future for the New Age Outlaws/Edge and Christian.

All 5 members smile as Triple H nods and we cut to the ring where a big boom is heard and fire comes up from the ramp.

Kane steps through the curtain with Big Bossman beside him. They walk down the ramp and climb into the ring. Kane stands in the center of the ring and slowly raises his arms up and brings them down as fire flies up from all four turnbuckles. Bossman spins his nightstick around, then goes to the apron as Degeneration X’s music kicks up to a loud pop from the crowd. The crowd goes nuts as Triple H, X-pac and Chyna walk out onto the ramp. Triple H pats X-pac on the back and whispers something to him as they taunt the crowd on the ramp before running down to the ring and Triple H slides in as Chyna waits on the outside and X-pac gets onto the apron and the bell rings.

Tag Team Match

Degeneration X (Triple H and X-pac) vs. The Corporation (Kane and Big Bossman)

Triple H and Kane spent most of this match trying to get at each other, but their partners used this to their advantage as they tried to wear down their opponents when they got into the ring. Triple H had Kane flying towards the ropes as Chyna jumped onto the apron and tried to grab Kane and choke him while the referee was checking on X-pac on the outside. Kane pushes Chyna off the apron as Triple H runs over to check on her, but Kane spins him around and sets him up for a Chokeslam and drops him for the pin.

Winners via pinfall, Kane and The Big Bossman

When Triple H gets up, he looks angry as he slides out of the ring. He helps Chyna up and begins yelling at her for getting involved. She stares at him and storms off as the camera cuts to a commercial.

OR: 90%

CR: 86%

MQ: 94%

Booker Notes: ****1/4, amazing match showing a bit of tension in Degeneration X.

As we come back from commercial, Sho Funaki is shown in the ring as JR and The King talk.

JR: Well King, I’m not exactly sure why Funaki is in the ring tonight, because I don’t have him scheduled.

King: Who knows, JR, but he must be there for a reason.

All of a sudden, glass is heard shattering as the crowd goes NUTS. Stone Cold Steve Austin storms onto the ramp with two beers. He guzzles them both down them storms down the ramp and slides into the ring. The referee in the ring calls for the bell as Austin kicks Funaki in the gut and drops him with a Stunner, then drops down and pins him in about 5 seconds. Then, Austin stands up and stomps on Funaki a bit before climbing back out of the ring and walking to the back as the crowd is still going nuts.

OR: 76%

CR: 69%

MQ: 83%

Booker Notes: Not much of a match at ALL, but just for the pop given by the crowd for the quick Austin segment, it’s being given a **3/4 rating.

King: What the hell was that, JR? Can we even count that as a match.

JR: Well King, there was a referee involved and there WAS a three count involved, so Stone Cold Steve Austin has picked up a win here tonight.

King: I’m disgusted, JR, I really am.

As King finishes talking, we cut to a dark room in the backstage area where The Undertaker is shown in the back of the room in a huge chair as Edge, Christian and the Acolytes are on one side of the room and Mideon and Viscera are on the other side and Paul Bearer is in the center with the urn in front of The Undertaker. Bearer begins to talk.

Paul Bearer: Tonight is the night the execution of Mankind begins. Last night on Heat, a legend by the name of Mabel stepped into the ring with Mankind, but before the night was over, Mabel was no more. Mabel changed his ways and joined MY Undertaker in his fight for greatness. Tonight, the NEW version of Mabel, Viscera, will step into the ring with Mankind with the Ministry of Darkness behind him. We will slowly begin to take care of Mankind, SLOWLY break him down, and when his time comes, he will understand WHY The Undertaker is the king of darkness. Take this as a warning, poor little Mankind, the Ministry of Darkness is after you and you WILL be sacrificed when your time comes.

Bearer laughs his evil laugh as we cut to a commercial.

Booker Notes: 78%, decent segment, making sense of having Viscera/Mankind once again after it was the Heat main event last night.

We come back from commercial with the Ministry of Darkness music kicking up over the loudspeaker.

JR: Welcome back folks, this is going to be a very interesting match, as it was after last night’s match with Mankind that Mabel was abducted by the Ministry of Darkness and as it came time for the Royal Rumble, he was no longer Mabel, he was Viscera.

King: I personally like Viscera more than Mabel, JR. Mabel didn’t have much in store for him, but as Viscera, he has a bright future.

JR: Anybody alongside the Undertaker has a chance to be something, and since Mabel is a former King of the Ring winner himself, this is his opportunity.

Viscera walks out onto the ramp with Mideon by his side. He stares out into the crowd as Mideon has his eyeball in a jar with him. Mideon stares at the eyeball as they walk down the ramp. Mideon stands on the outside as Viscera walks up the stairs and steps over the top rope into the ring. He waits in the middle of the ring as Mankind’s music kicks up over the loudspeaker. Mankind comes out to a loud pop as he runs right to the ring and slides in as the bell rings.

Singles Match

Viscera vs. Mankind

Mankind easily had the advantage in this match as he took the big man to his limit. Viscera’s power and size helped him though as it was very hard for Mankind to get him down. Mankind finally locks Viscera in the Mandible Claw, but The Undertaker makes his way to the ring and climbs in. Mankind lets go of Viscera and walks right into a Chokeslam from the Undertaker as the referee calls for the bell.

Winner by Disqualification, Mankind!

After the bell, Viscera slowly gets up and Undertaker lifts Mankind up. He sets Mankind up for a Tombstone Piledriver and drops him with it as blood begins to trickle from Mankind’s head. Viscera stands over Mankind’s fallen body and jumps with a HUGE splash on Mankind as the crowd goes into a soar of boos. Mankind starts choking as blood falls from his mouth as The Undertaker stands over him with his eyes behind his head as the lights cut off and come back on to Mankind being in the ring alone as the camera cuts to the backstage area where Michael Cole is standing by with The Rock.

OR: 74%

CR: 68%

Booker Notes: **1/2, most surprising match of the night as nobody would ever expect Viscera to pull off a decent match, but obviously Mankind carried him through the match. Interesting way to start off the feud with Undertaker and Mankind.

Michael Cole: Rock, tonight you step into the ring with a young rookie by the name of Kurt Angle in a non-title match. Now last night at Royal Rumble, you and Mankind stole the show with that amazing I Quit match, but even though it’s in the record books under your name, many still wonder how you took the win when it was obvious that Mankind did not Quit.

Rock: Are you trying to put down The Rock, Michael? The Rock won that match last night FAIR and SQUARE, I took the championship to once again become the CORPORATE champion. I don’t see how anybody in their RIGHT MIND would want to see a FREAK such as Mankind leading this federation. I did what I had to do to get my championship back, and it was something that anybody would do in my position. But Michael, tonight, Vince McMahon gave a young superstar an opportunity and The Rock says, bring it! The Rock doesn’t turn down challenges, The Rock ENJOYS seeing new superstars getting their opportunity. So tonight, when I step into that ring with Kurt Angle, you will all know without a SHADOW OF A DOUBT that The Rock is the GREATEST superstar ever in sports entertainment as I take this young rookie and teach him a lesson in respect. If ya smellllllllllllllllll WHAT THE ROCK….. IS COOKIN!

Rock spits on Michael Cole as he walks off with his World championship as we cut to a commercial.

Road Agent Notes: The Rock gained 4 points of overness from this segment.

Booker Notes: 100%, as much as the crowd hates this man, he is without a doubt the greatest superstar in this federation as nobody can cut an interview like the Corporate Champion.

The camera comes back to JR and The King talking.

JR: The time is almost here folks for Kurt Angle to make his World Wrestling Federation debut against the Corporate Champion, The Rock, and I gotta say, King, I’m looking forward to it.

“Real American” kicks up over the loudspeaker.

King: Well you won’t have to wait much longer, JR. Here comes the rookie himself, Kurt Angle, and I hope he’s ready, JR, I really do.

Kurt Angle comes out onto the ramp in a USA wrestling singlet and his gold medals around his neck to a decent pop. He taunts on the top of the ramp, then walks down the ramp and climbs into the ring. He climbs on the turnbuckle and kisses his gold medals, then hands them to the referee as “IF YA SMELLLLLLLLLLLL WHAT THE ROCK… IS COOKIN” hits over the loudspeaker as the crowd goes into a soar of boos. The Rock walks out onto the ramp with sunglasses on and the World title over his shoulder. He looks towards the ring and smiles before walking down the ramp. He takes off his sunglasses and hands them to a little kid in the front row after cracking them in half. Then, he walks up the steps and climbs into the ring. He hands his belt to the referee as the bell rings.

Non-Title Singles Match

The Rock © vs. Kurt Angle

In a surprisingly back and forth match, Kurt Angle actually got a lot of offense in on the champ. Kurt Angle showed why he was brought in in such a big match as he flew around that ring taking The Rock to his limit. Angle almost hit the Rock with his patented Olympic Slam, but Rock reversed it and turned it into a Rockbottom, then gets up and goes outside to grab a chair. He slides into the ring with it as the referee tries to pull it from him, but Rock accidently hits the referee with it. Just at that point, Stone Cold Steve Austin charges down the ramp. He slides into the ring. Rock swings the chair at him, but Austin ducks, kicks Rock in the gut and drops him with a Stunner to a loud pop. Then, Kurt Angle slowly gets up as Austin leaves the ring. Angle lifts Rock up and drops him with an Olympic Slam and goes for the pin as the ref slowly comes to and counts the pinfall as the crowd goes nuts.

Winner via Pinfall, KURT AAAANGLE!!!

Angle gets up and starts going nuts. Austin gets back into the ring and walks towards Angle. Angle grabs Austin and hugs him then offers his hand. Austin shakes it, then kicks Angle in the gut and drops him with a Stunner as the crowd pops. Austin stands over both Angle and Rock drinking a beer as the show ends.

OR: 88%

CR: 88%

MQ: 89%

Booker Notes: ***3/4 match, VERY good match also considering it was Angle’s debut match. HUGE push for Angle in his debut as this man is very deserving of it. He is definitely one of the most shining stars of the future in this business.

Overall rating: 6.78 (81%)

Edited by TheBookerMan69

WWF Sunday Night Heat

January 24th, 1999

As the road to Wrestlemania officially began this past Monday night, many are wondering how things will begin to change to set up for the biggest show of the year. This week on Heat, 3 young OVW stars will get their chance at the big time. First, young Shelton Benjamin, one half of the Minnesota Stretching Crew with Brock Lesnar, will step into the ring with Al Snow in what should be an interesting contest. Also, the Ministry of Darkness' Acolytes will step into the ring with a young newly signed tag team, The Briscoe Brothers. It is not known if any of these 3 young men will become a part of the official roster, but this is a big chance for them to get themselves known.

Also, brand new WWF Hardcore champion, Christian will step into the ring with D'lo Brown in a Hardcore championship match. Road Dogg wasn't too happy with losing the Hardcore championship on RAW so many wonder if Road Dogg will be involved in this contest.

Also, being that Al Snow is in action, 2 of his JOB Squad partners, Bob Holly and Scorpio will be in action as they go up against the young sibling tag team, the Hardy Boyz.

This past week on RAW, Goldust interfered in a tag team match between Godfather and Val Venis and the Acolytes, and he interfered in a very weird situation as he was dressed up as a golden pimp. This week on Heat he steps into the ring with Test, and many wonder if he will once again be "pimpin it".

Finally, in this week's main event, new surprising superstar, Kurt Angle, after his HUGE win over The Rock on RAW will main event Heat this week against Ministry of Darkness member, Gangrel. Many people see Kurt Angle shining and possibly being one of the biggest stars of the future and this win over Gangrel is crucial at this stage in the game.

All this and more as the WWF invades the USA Network on Sunday Night at 7/6 Central with your hosts, Michael Cole and Kevin Kelly.

I used to be just TheBookerMan on the old boards.. but had a problem with my email this time, never got the email for TheBookerMan.. so I just added something at the end and used another sn. It was worked out with Admins tho.. so it wasn't like I was creating two names or something. But thanks man.. nice to be back.. Heat should be up tomorrow

P.S. Just realized it was you Syco.. yeep.. itz me.. nice to get back to where I first got my semi-fame lol.. n hopefully I can get up to that level again

Edited by TheBookerMan69

WWF Sunday Night Heat

January 24th, 1999

Taped from the sold out Staples Center in Los Angelos, California

The WWF logo flashes across the screen as we cut to the WWF opening video. As the video ends, we cut to a video package from RAW is WAR showing the debut of Kurt Angle. It starts off with Vince McMahon's first announcement of Angle's debut. Then it shows The Rock's interview against Angle. Finally it shows Austin hitting The Rock with a Stunner and Angle pinning The Rock, then it ends with Austin stunning Kurt Angle as we cut to the Sunday Night Heat opening video. As the video ends, we cut to Michael Cole and Kevin Kelly sitting at ringside as fireworks are going off on the stage.

Michael Cole: Welcome fans to Sunday Night Heat, and what a show we have for all of you tonight.

Kevin Kelly: That's right, Michael. I guess we can call tonight an OVW night perhaps. We have 3 OVW prospects competing here tonight and in the main event, OVW's biggest recent prospect, Kurt Angle.

Cole: Kurt Angle is just amazing, Kevin. I watched him on RAW and I was stunned by his performance. But tonight, he goes one on one with Gangrel and many are expecting Kurt to take him down easily, but you can't really take anything away from Gangrel, he does have the Ministry of Darkness backing him up, you have to remember that much.

"WHAT DOES EVERYBODY WAAANT.... HEAAAAAAAD" kicks up over the loudspeaker.

Kelly: Well Michael, it's time for the first match. Let's get to the ring as Shelton Benjamin goes one on one with JOB Squad member, Al Snow!

The camera cuts to the ring where Shelton Benjamin is already in the ring. He's wearing black athletic pants and a wifebeater. Howard Finkel announces Benjamin as Al Snow makes his way out onto the ramp as Finkel announces him as well. Snow makes his way down the ramp with Head in his hands as he slides into the ring. He puts Head in the corner then looks towards Benjamin as the bell rings.

Singles Match

Al Snow vs. Shelton Benjamin

In a very good back and forth match, Shelton Benjamin showed that he's making a lot of progress in OVW. Benjamin used his speed to his advantage, but Snow's experience helped him in the end as he finished off Benjamin with a Snow Plow.

Winner via pinfall, Al Snow

OR:79%

CR: 61%

MQ: 97%

Booker Notes: Amazing **** match. Although it doesn't seem like Benjamin is quite ready to be promoted to the active roster as of yet, he can definately pull off some amazing matches.

Before we cut to a commercial, the camera cuts backstage to a dark room with one candle laying on the floor. Christian is sitting behind the candle with the WWF Hardcore championship on his lap as he begins to talk.

Christian: RAW is WAR, January 18th, 1999. A night that will always be remembered. Not only that it was the night that Kurt Angle immediately became a star, but the Ministry of Darkness claimed it's first championship as yours truly stepped up to the plate. Road Dogg has been demolished and the Hardcore championship has reached the hands of it's rightful owner. Pain and punishment are two very important concepts of the Ministry of Darkness. We STRIVE on destruction. Tonight, in my first title defense I step into the ring with D'lo Brown. A man who has experience in the sport, but doesn't even reach the level of the Ministry. D'lo Brown, tonight, you will become my first victim. My first victim in a LINE of victims that I will eventually demolish. The Hardcore championship isn't a game. When it is defended, it is defended with honor. Tonight, the games begin, and Road Dogg, if you want to take another shot at me, be my guest, but in the end, the blood will trickle down and the darkness will stand forth and reach it's focal point. Blood brothers for life, the darkness has finally come!

Christian raises his Hardcore championship up then blows out the candle as we cut to a commercial.

Road Agent Notes: Christian gained 3 points of overness from this segment.

Booker Notes: 90% segment, very good segment as Christian has a lot of Charisma and is a very important part of the Ministry of Darkness.

As the camera comes back, The Brood music kicks up over the loudspeaker as red lights flash around the stage. Christian walks out of the entryway with the Hardcore championship with Edge beside him. They taunt the crowd on the ramp as Christian shows off his Hardcore championship before they walk down the ramp. They both slide into the ring and get on opposite turnbuckles. Edge stares out at the crowd as Christian raises his Hardcore championship. They both jump down and look as if they are giving a sacrifice to the Undertaker, then Edge climbs out of the ring as Christian hands his belt to the referee as "You Lookin at the Real Deal Now" kicks up over the loudspeaker. D'lo Brown makes his way out onto the ramp with Mark Henry beside him. Henry stands in the center of the stage as D'lo walks over to the side and shakes his head around to a decent pop. Then, he looks towards the back as Ivory steps out smiling. She stands between Henry and D'lo as they walk down the ramp. Ivory and Mark Henry wait on the outside of the ring as D'lo slides in and the bell rings.

WWF Hardcore Championship Match

Christian © vs. D'lo Brown

This was mostly a back and forth pure hardcore match with both Edge and Mark Henry getting involved throughout the match. Eventually through the use of a chair and an Unprettier, Christian picked up the win over D'lo.

Winner and STILL WWF Hardcore champion, Christian

As Ivory helps D'lo Brown and Mark Henry to the back, Edge and Christian are celebrating in the ring as the New Age Outlaws charge down the ramp. They slide into the ring and attack Edge and Christian, leaving them lying as Road Dogg picks up the Hardcore title and raises it up, then points at himself before dropping it on Christian as we cut to a commercial.

OR: 84%

CR: 78%

MQ: 90%

Road Agent Notes: The WWF Hardcore title has gained in image.

Booker Notes: ***3/4, very good Hardcore match. This match showed Christian as a decent Hardcore champion, but showed that he needs help to defend his title. The question still remains if Christian could win a Hardcore title match alone.

As we come back from commercial, the JOB Squad music kicks up over the loudspeaker. Bob Holly and Scorpio make their way out onto the ramp to a decent reaction. They walk down the ramp and climb into the ring as "Live for the Moment" kicks up over the loudspeaker. The Hardy Boyz make their way out onto the ramp to a decent reaction. They give their gun taunts before running down the ramp and sliding into the ring. They jump on opposite turnbuckles to taunt with their guns, but are attacked from behind by the two JOB Squad members as the bell is rung.

Tag Team Match

The JOB Squad (Bob Holly and Scorpio) vs. The Hardy Boyz (Matt and Jeff)

In a pretty good tag team match, the Hardy Boyz mostly exploited their speed as the JOB Squad took a more brawling approach. The Hardy Boyz eventually picked up the win after Matt hit Bob Holly with a Twist of Fate then took out Scorpio as Jeff climbed to the top turnbuckle and hit Bob with a Swanton Bomb for the pin.

Winners via pinfall, The Hardy Boyz

OR: 72%

CR: 52%

MQ: 92%

Booker Notes: ***1/4 match, pretty good match. The Hardy Boyz are just starting to get over as a legitimate tag team, so a win over two experienced superstars helps them.

As we come back from commercial, we cut to Goldust sitting in his locker room in the same pimp gear from Monday Night as The Godfather walks in.

The Godfather: Goldy, Goldy, Goldy. I don't know who you're trying to impress man, but what are you trying to do with yourself? I was stunned this past week on RAW when you came and helped a brother out, but now, you're doing it again?

Goldust: But Charles, you always live by the saying, Pimpin Ain't Easy. I'm trying to see how hard it really is. I'm TIRED of being a freak. Everywhere I go, people look at me and spit on me like I'm nothing. So now I'm giving myself the CHANCE to be something else. I don't WANT to be a freak, Charles, I want to be SOMEBODY!!

The Godfather: Look man, just be careful out there, the pimpin game ain't as easy as you think it is.

The Godfather just shakes his head in shame as he walks off and the camera cuts to the ring.

Booker Notes: 83%, decent segment showing Goldust is still going with this "pimp" deal.

"Test, Test.. This is a Test" kicks up over the loudspeaker as the crowd goes into a soar of boos as the Corporation member makes his way out onto the ramp. He takes off his sunglasses and stares at the crowd then raises his arms up to loud boos. Then he flicks the crowd off and walks down the ramp. He climbs onto the apron and steps over the top rope. He waits in the ring as the screen turns gold as "Shattered Dreams Productions" shows up on the screen. Gold glitter flies around the arena as Goldust walks out onto the ramp in his full pimp gear from Monday Night. He walks down the ramp with his golden cane with the strut of a pimp. He stops at the bottom of the ramp and takes off his hat and vest and leaves them on the steps along with his cane. Then, he slides into the ring as the bell is rung.

Singles Match

Test vs. Goldust

Goldust was definately put over in this match as he spent most of the match acting like a pimp. Every time he took Test out, he started winking and flirting with women in the crowd. Goldust hit Test with a Shattered Dreams, then pulled him off the turnbuckle and hit him with his own version of the Pimp Drop for the pin.

Winner via pinfall, Goldust!

Goldust gets up after his win as the referee raises his hand, then he climbs out of the ring and puts his pimp gear back on before walking around the ring kissing the hands of all the women in the front row as we cut to a commercial.

OR: 74%

CR: 74%

MQ: 75%

Booker Notes: **1/4, not such a great match, but exploited Goldust's new gimmick a bit.

As we come back from commercial, The Acolytes' music kicks up over the loudspeaker as they make their way out onto the ramp. They don't seem too happy after losing on RAW as they storm right to the ring and wait for their opponents. Then, unknown music is played as the CZW regulars and OVW stars, The Briscoe Brothers make their way out onto the ramp. The announcers promote them as twins as they make their way down the ramp and into the ring. They stare across at the Acolytes as the bell rings.

Tag Team Match

The Acolytes (Faarooq and Bradshaw) vs. The Briscoe Brothers (Mark and Jay)

In a pretty quick match, the Briscoe Brothers are basically tossed around by the Acolytes. The more experienced and brutal Acolytes easily defeat the Briscoe Brothers after a Clothesline From Hell on Mark for the pinfall.

OR: 69%

CR: 51%

MQ: 88%

Booker Notes: *** match, decent for a beatdown.

After the final commercial break of the evening, we come back to the Brood music once again playing over the loudspeaker. The red lights show up on the ramp as a ring of fire begins in the center of the ramp. Gangrel slowly comes up inside the fire as he steps through it with his goblet. He walks down the ramp with his goblet in both hands. As he reaches the ring, he walks up the steps and turns around on the top step. He pours the liquid from the goblet into his mouth then spits it out into the crowd as they boo him loudly. He laughs and turns around and places the goblet down then steps into the ring waiting as "Real American" kicks up over the loudspeaker. The crowd goes nuts as Kurt Angle makes his way onto the ramp in his Olympic Singlet. He shows off his gold medals, and spins around on the ramp as red, white, and blue fireworks go off. He walks down the ramp and slides into the ring. He hands the referee his gold medals as the bell is rung.

Singles Match

Kurt Angle vs. Gangrel

This was Angle's first chance to truly show what he has to offer as Monday's match was more of a high profile match. Angle easily took Gangrel out, but took some time to do it as he wanted to show the fans what he has to offer. Angle hit Gangrel with an Olympic Slam, but to add more punishment to the list, finished him off with an Ankle Lock for the Submission instead of pinning him.

Winner via Submission, Kurt Angle

After the bell is rung, Angle releases Gangrel, then gets up and begins to celebrate. He takes his gold medals and climbs to the turnbuckle and kisses them and smiles at the crowd as the show ends.

CR: 69%

MQ: 83%

Booker Notes: *** match. Decent match that showed some of Angle's actual skills in the ring.

Overall rating: 5.51 (67%)

Edited by TheBookerMan69

Guest Kenpo2004

this seems like a kool intro dude. just i think bringin kurt in and beating the rock in 99 in his first match by the seems of it was a bit of a rush i would have had vince hype him up. esepcially angle a complete deffinate rookie in 99 beating the rock i what was his imo prime.

but kool dude keep postin it :D

Thanks bro.. I know it is definately a rush having Angle beat Rock like that.. but that was more done to push future Rock/Austin storylines.. but in the same way to get Angle over.. kind of the way Cena was brought in on Smackdown.. yet even more surprising.. it may have been a little overboard.. but eh.. I have plans for Angle that should make some sense lol

WWF RAW is WAR

January 25th, 1999

After the AMAZING emergence of the young and VERY talented Kurt Angle last week on RAW, rumor has been going around that Kurt Angle has a very special challenge this week on RAW. No details on who or why he's making this challenge, but Vince McMahon isn't too happy about it, so we'll hear from both of them and their opinions on each other live on RAW.

After Christian defeated Road Dogg for the Hardcore championship last week on RAW, Road Dogg tried to get revenge last night on Heat. Word has it that Road Dogg isn't even trying to get the Hardcore title back as he is enjoying his tag team run with Billy Gunn, but he wants revenge out of respect being that it was EDGE that cost him the Hardcore championship, not Christian. So this week, the New Age Outlaws go up against Edge and Christian and the question remains if Road Dogg will finally get the respect he wants.

After Viscera made his emergence at the Royal Rumble, the Ministry has been promoting him as a beast who nobody can stop. This week on RAW he goes up against Bob Holly of the JOB Squad, in what many are expecting to be a squash... literally.

As the Undertaker continues to try to take out Mankind, this week he is sending the Acolytes after the masked former champion. Mankind hasn't even been given the chance to explain what happened at the Royal Rumble in his match against the Rock, yet week in and week out, Mankind has The Undertaker coming after him. Can the "Hardcore Legend" The Undertaker's own "henchmen"?

After the Hardy Boyz' win over Bob Holly and Scorpio on Heat, they're being given a chance on RAW as they go up against Kaientai in what will be a very interesting Light Heavyweight style match.

PLUS, Vince McMahon has a LOT more to worry about than Kurt Angle, as Commissioner Shawn Michaels has granted Steve Austin interview time in the main event segment of the show to speak about the Royal Rumble AND the future, as far as Wrestlemania goes.

All this and more as the WWF invades the USA Network on Monday Night at 9/8 Central with your hosts, Good Ol' Jim Ross and Jerry "The King" Lawler.

Edited by TheBookerMan69

January 25th, 1999

Live from the sold out Key Arena in Seattle, Washington

The WWF logo flashes across the screen as we cut to the WWF opening video. As the video ends, the same video that was shown on Heat after the opening video was shown. Shows how much planning has been made for videos. The only addition was a clip of Gangrel tapping out while Kurt Angle has him in the ankle lock as it cuts off and the RAW video begins to play. As it ends, the fireworks go off on the stage as Good Ol' JR is heard over the screaming crowd.

JR: Welcome everybody and we're LIVE from Seattle Washington here in the Key Arena!! I'm Good Ol' Jim Ross alongside Jerry "The King" Lawler, and we have a long and VERY interesting night ahead of us.

Jerry “The King” Lawler: Well, JR. So far we have two people disrespecting the boss as Kurt Angle supposedly has a challenge for somebody and it hasn't been cleared by Vince and plus we have Stone Cold Steve Austin taking over our main event spot here tonight all because Commissioner Shawn Michaels wanted to give him a chance to explain the Royal Rumble and all the aspects of Wrestlemania. Now Comissioner Michaels isn't here tonight, but if he was, Vince McMahon would DEFINATELY have something to say to him, if he hasn't already done so.

JR: Well King, it's not only about the outside-the-ring action, tonight's IN-RING action is jam-packed as well as we have Edge and Christian squaring off the man that wants revenge for his Hardcore title loss last week, Road Dogg, and his partner, Billy Gunn.

King: Yeah JR, and we also have Viscera stepping into the ring against a more suitable opponent as he takes on Bob Holly.

"Real American" kicks up over the loudspeaker as the crowd goes nuts.

JR: Forget the matches, here he is, the golden one himself, and in some realms a high contendor for The Rock's championship, yet he's still only a rookie.

Kurt Angle walks out onto the ramp as the crowd goes nuts. For some reason, Kurt is in his wrestling gear as he has his singlet on with an Olympic jacket over it. He stands on the ramp and kisses his gold medals then taunts a bit before walking down the ramp and sliding into the ring. He asks for a microphone and one is tossed up to him as he looks at the crowd and smiles before raising the mic to his mouth and beginning to talk.

Kurt Angle: U... S..... A.... U.... S....A

Kurt Angle pulls the mic away from his face as he hears the crowd chanting USA over and over again as he smiles and gets a little teary eyed as he begins to pull the mic up to his face again.

Kurt Angle: I'm.. STUNNED. You could never imagine how great the feeling is to stand in the middle of the ring in the opening segment of the greatest show ever in sports entertainment history, RAW is WAR. Last week, I was given the opportunity to shine just like I did three years ago, but the problem is, the opportunity was given to me for a wrong reason. I know how men like Vince McMahon are, and I have to admit, he's a very good businessman, but deep down, DEEP DOWN INSIDE, Vince McMahon is but one thing, a DEVIL!! (Loud pop) It was only a few months ago that the WWF came calling to me and offering me a deal to go down to Ohio Valley Wrestling and train to possibly someday become the best of the best in the world of professional wrestling. The Olympics is one thing, but stepping into the shoes of a sport that is done in a ring showcasing the best of the best in the WORLD is another. I took the opportunity and I quickly became the BEST OVW had to offer, possibly the greatest wrestler to ever walk through OVW doors to be trained. It comes natural to me, amateur wrestling has been EVERYTHING to me in my life. Ever since high school, even the memories of my father haven't kept me down. So after winning the Royal Rumble, what did Vince McMahon decide to do? Most of you will probably say, he looked at OVW, picked out a shining star and gave him the greatest opportunity possible. Now in some ways, you're right.. Vince picked me out of the MANY superstars in OVW that he could have given this opportunity to, and in some ways I thank him for that. But then, I look into the evilness of Vince McMahon. I look at his soul and I see that Vince McMahon NEVER wanted to help me. He made that match for his own gain. Vince McMahon took the greatest star in OVW and figured he would put him against HIS Corporate Champion and prove that he had the power to take out anybody he wanted. Vince treated me as nothing compared to his "champion". But Vince, what you have to realize is that I AM something. I'm not just your everyday indy star who was given an OVW contract. Vince, I'm an OLYMPIC champion.. in fact an Olympic GOLD champion. I've been to the top. I've BEEN the best. And now, I want the chance to be the BEST again. Tonight, I'm here to lay out a challenge to THE ROCK. (Amazing pop) Now Rock, I'm sure you're going to sit here and say that last week I was given the opportunity and I defeated you with the "help" of Stone Cold Steve Austin. Now I'll admit, maybe I didn't defeat you fairly, but I want the damn opportunity to. Rock, I want you ONE on ONE right here, right now, but not just in any match, in a World Wrestling Federation World Heavyweight Championship Match!! (The crowd goes nuts) Dad.... this is for you!

Kurt kisses his medals and drops the mic as he pulls off his jacket and throws it outside the ring then starts to stretch as he stares at the entryway. No music is heard and no sign of anybody as Kurt begins to look worried as we cut to a commercial.

Road Agent Notes: Kurt Angle gained 3 points of overness from this segment.

Booker Notes: 97%, almost a perfect segment, how much better could Kurt Angle get? He's amazing in the ring and he is truly amazing on the mic, he's amazing all around.

We come back to Kurt Angle still standing in the ring looking angry now as JR begins to talk.

JR: Well folks, welcome back and STILL no sign of The Rock. I don't know where he could be, King!.

King: I don't know but...

"NO CHANCE" kicks up over the loudspeaker.

King: I guess we'll find out now!

The crowd goes into a SOAR of boos as Vince McMahon walks out onto the ramp with a microphone looking angry. He storms down the ramp and walks up the steps. He steps through the ropes as Kurt Angle stares him down the entire time. Vince gets right in Kurt's face as he races the mic up to his mouth.

Vince McMahon: Who the HELL do you think you are?

Kurt slowly backs away from Vince and looks around at the crowd and hears them cheer as he smiles.

Kurt: I think I'm Kurt FREAKIN ANGLE.. That's who I think I am!

Kurt looks around smiling again as the crowd goes nuts as Vince begins to look even angrier as he yells into his mic.

Vince: SHUT UP! You've been here for a WEEK, Kurt, and you've already made three BIG mistakes. Three mistakes that could quite honestly cost you your job, Kurt. First of all, last week, when you DISRESPECTED me and didn't even thank me for giving you the opportunity to face my champion, The Rock.

Kurt: Whoa whoa whoa, if it's a thank you you want, Vince, then you can have it. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to beat some Corporate ASS!!

The crowd pops again as Vince gets even angrier.

Vince: The SECOND mistake you made was blatantly CHEATING last week on RAW to defeat my champion, The Rock!!

The crowd goes nuts as Angle laughs again and pulls the mic up to his mouth.

Kurt: Well Vince, if you want to talk to somebody about that, you talk to Steve Austin, that wasn't what I had planned. But that's why I came out here tonight, I want the Rock one on one.. no interuption.....

Vince: (interupting) Well I'm sorry to inform you, Kurt, but unfortunately The Rock couldn't make it here tonight, and as far as Steve Austin goes, I'm not worried about him anyway as he has been barred from the arena until later tonight when Comissioner Michaels made the MISTAKE in giving Steve Austin the main event spot (Loud pop). But this brings me to your third mistake, Kurt. For this one, let's take a little look down MEMORY lane to last night on Heat.

The titantron kicks up and shows Kurt Angle beating down Gangrel. It shows Angle hitting Gangrel with the Olympic Slam where he could easily go for the pinfall, yet Kurt grabs Gangrel's leg and locks him in an ankle lock and the screen freezes.

Vince: Do you see what you did, Angle?

Kurt: What Vince? Make a vampire squeal? (The crowd pops loudly)

Vince: You know what, Kurt, I'm tired of your WITTY remarks, so I'm going to set this straight to you plain and simple, last night you used MY INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPION'S FINISHING MOVE. You have NO right to be stealing moves, Kurt and you definately aren't in the place to. Ken Shamrock was watching you last night, Kurt, and he saw your mistake, and he was NOT too happy, so I promised him that here tonight he would have his opportunity, but don't get too excited, Kurt. Just as your match last week was non-title, this one sure as hell will be too.

As Vince finishes, the video from the titantron cuts out and Shawn Michaels is shown on the screen sitting at a desk with his legs propped up on it and a Degeneration X T-shirt on and a white cowboy hat. He laughs as he begins to talk.

Michaels: Hey Vince, how's it going ol' pal? I bet you weren't expecting to see my face tonight, but when something has to be done, it has to be done. Now first, Kurt, I would like to introduce myself even though I'm sure you already know who I am. I am the SHOW.. STOPPAH.. the greatest superstar to ever step into a World Wrestling Federation ring, a LEGEND of LEGENDS, and the current World Wrestling Federation comissioner. In the past week, Kurt, I've been watching you. I've been watching every move you've been making and I have to say, I've been impressed. I haven't seen a rookie superstar with such talent and strive since well... me! (The crowd goes nuts) But Kurt, one thing I have to warn you of is don't cross the boss, UNLESS you know what you're doing, and to be honest Kurt, it sure as hell seems like you know what you're capable of. So Kurt, I'm not going to do anything about your match with Ken Shamrock tonight, in fact, I think I could sit back and enjoy it, but Kurt, I am adding one stipulation that I think you will like. If you defeat Ken Shamrock here tonight, live at No Way Out, you will once again go one on one with Shamrock for the World Wrestling Federation Intercontinental championship. Good luck, Kurt. Oh, and by the way, Vince, enjoy tonight's segment with Steve, I'm sure you'll find it VERY interesting. Later fellas!

Michaels smiles as Vince looks even MORE angry than he has been the entire time as Kurt is all smiles.

JR: Well folks, after these commercials, we already have Kurt Angle ready and word is that Shamrock is ready so we have Kurt Angle vs. Ken Shamrock in a non-title match.. and it's NEXT!!

Booker Notes: 90%, very good segment being that 3 of the WWF's most charasmatic employees were involved.

We come back to Kurt Angle waiting in the ring as Vince McMahon has lefted as Ken Shamrock's music kicks up over the loudspeaker. Shamrock walks out onto the ramp with the WWF Intercontinental title around his waist as he stares in at Angle and snarls. He walks down the ramp and reaches the stairs. He walks up to the second stair then stares in at Angle. He raises his arms up and begins punching himself on both sides of his head then screams as Angle backs away in the ring. Shamrock walks up and steps through the ropes. He takes his title off his waist and hands it to the referee as the bell is rung.

Non-Title Match (Stipulation: If Angle wins, he gets an IC title shot at No Way Out)

Ken Shamrock © vs. Kurt Angle

Kurt and Shamrock circle the ring and lock up in the center. Angle takes the advantage and gets Shamrock in a wrist lock, but Shamrock powers out of it and slams Angle to the ground. He lifts Angle up and hits him with a few rights and lefts, making him stumble towards the ropes, then h whips Angle across the ring. Angle comes flying back with a kick to the gut and a Gutbuster. Angle gets up and stomps on Shamrock a few times before pulling Shamrock up and locking him in a full nelson. The referee checks on Shamrock as Shamrock overpowers Angle and pulls one arm out. He gets himself behind Angle and hits him with a German suplex. Shamrock turns Angle over and goes for the pin, but then lets go of Angle and stares at Angle's legs. He lifts Angle up and grabs him by his leg, but Angle jumps up with an enzuigiri, knocking Shamrock down. Shamrock gets back up slowly as Angle walks over and grabs Shamrock for a Belly to Belly Suplex, but Shamrock reverses it and slams Angle with a Belly to Belly of his own. Shamrock walks over and grabs Angle's leg and drops a knee onto it. Angle spins in pain as Shamrock is still holding his leg. Angle quickly kicks himself out of it as his foot slams into Shamrock's gut. Shamrock stumbles backwards as Angle quickly gets up. He runs over to Shamrock and dives at him with a body press, but Shamrock catches him and slams him to the mat. Shamrock gets up and goes for Angle's leg again, but Angle reaches forward and grabs ahold of Shamrock's leg and pulls him down, locking in the Ankle Lock on it's rightful owner. Shamrock refuses to tap as he inches for the ropes as Angle pulls tighter and tighter and eventually Shamrock can't take it and has to tap.

Your winner via Submission, Kurt Angle!!

The crowd goes nuts as Angle releases Shamrock and stands up celebrating.

JR: What a WIN for Kurt Angle, King. I'm definately looking forward to those two going at it again at No Way Out. With some more time, those two could pull off a classic.

King: I have to give it to Kurt Angle, JR. He did win a match fairly, I just wish he didn't use the Ankle Lock because that is just going to get Vince so much more angrier.

JR: We'll be back, folks.

OR: 87%

CR: 82%

Booker Notes: ****, very good match. If given more time and more buildup, these two men could pull off a technical classic.

As the commercials end, we cut to a black screen where Japanese letters show up. The letters flash to a mask quickly, then flash back to the letters. Quickly they go back and forth until eventually they are both blown off the screen as the camera cuts to the arena.

Booker Notes: 63%, not a great segment as the crowd had NO clue who it was promoting, but it was obvious it had something to do with what happened to Gillberg last week which seemingly interested the crowd a bit.

The Ministry of Darkness music kicks up over the loudspeaker as the crowd goes into a soar of boos. Viscera walks out onto the ramp with Mideon close behind him. Viscera stands on the ramp raising his arms up as Mideon sneaks up behind holding his eyeball in the jar as he stares at it. They walk down the ramp and Mideon walks around the ring and places his eyeball on the stairs as he stands next to it. Viscera walks up the other stairs and steps over the top rope into the ring as the JOB Squad music kicks up. Bob Holly makes his way out onto the ramp to a decent reaction. He runs down the ramp and slides into the ring as the bell rings.

Singles match

Bob Holly vs. Viscera

In a COMPLETE squash, Viscera destroyed Bob Holly. He overpowered him the entire match and ended up hitting him with a hard fallaway slam, then stands over him and hits him with a HUGE splash, crushing Holly and getting him down for the easy 3 count.

Your winner via pinfall, Viscera!

Viscera gets up as he stares down at Holly. He stares at the ceiling then reaches down and grabs Holly. He lifts him over his head and slams him hard to the mat before hitting him with ANOTHER splash, then he stares at the crowd as the camera cuts to a commercial.

OR: 50%

CR: 40%

MQ: 60%

Road Agent Notes: Bob Holly lost 1 point of overness from this match. Viscera gained 1 point of overness from this match. This match suffered because the crowd were still pumped up from the last one, and so this bout was seen as something of a let-down to them.

Booker Notes: *1/2 match, normal squash match, not much to talk about.

As we come back from the commercial, we cut to JR and King talking.

JR: I gotta say, King, Viscera is a MONSTER. He destroyed Bob Holly, but he has a long way to go to make a true name for himself.

King: How can you even say that, JR? He HAS made a name for himself, last week he had his chance to destroy Mankind, this week he took out Bob Holly, who's next?

As if on cue, the camera cuts to the backstage area where The Undertaker is once again in his dark room with Paul Bearer in front of him. The Acolytes are on both sides of The Undertaker as The Brood is on the left side of the room and Mideon and Viscera are on the right. Bearer begins to speak.

Bearer: Oooooooooh what a week this has been for my Undertaker and his Ministry. We now have Christian representing this federation as the Hardcore champion, Viscera DESTROYING and HUMILIATING opponents week in and week out, the Acolytes taking over the tag team division, but tonight, we have something very special planned. Tonight, the Acolytes are going up against Mankind in a handicap match. Now Mankind, my Undertaker doesn't approve of you. He wants you GONE, he doesn't want to see your masked face standing in his way anymore. My Undertaker is the GREATEST superstar in the world of sports entertainment, yet YOU were the one getting title shots week in and week out. You don't deserve it, Mankind, so WE will stop you. No matter what it takes, WE will stop you! Your death bed awaits, Mankind, and after tonight, you will be getting comfortable in it.

Bearer laughs his evil laugh as the Acolytes nod and the camera cuts to the ring.

Road Agent Notes: Undertaker lost 2 points of overness from this segment.

Booker Notes: 75% segment, the crowd just doesn't seem to be getting into the Ministry segments.

JR: Well King, strong words from Paul Bearer, but you gotta wonder if the Ministry is the least bit worried being that up next we have Edge and Christian going up against the New Age Outlaws and it doesn't seem like Road Dogg is too happy with Christian OR Edge for that matter.

King: Why would they be worried, JR? Edge and Christian can hold their own.

"OHHHHH YOU DIDN'T KNOWWWW... YOUR ASS BETTA CALLLLLL SOMEBODYYYY!" kicks up over the loudspeaker as the crowd goes nuts. Road Dogg and Billy Gunn step out onto the ramp as the crowd goes nuts and Road Dogg is singing his entrance music as it plays. Road Dogg stands on the ramp shaking his knees as Billy Gunn turns around and shakes his ass. Road Dogg raises a mic to his mouth.

Road Dogg: Whoa whoa whoa, cut the music... Laaaaaaadies and Gentlemen.. Boys and Girls.. Children of ALL ages.. Degeneration X proudly brings to you it's soon to be tag team champions of the woooooooooooorld... The Road Dogg Jesse James, The Bad Ass Billy Gunn.. The New.. Age.. OUTLAWS!!! (The crowd goes nuts)

Billy Gunn: And if you ain't down with the New Age Outlaws, we got two woooooords for ya!!!

Crowd: SUCK ITTT!!!!

The crowd goes nuts as they throw the mic then run down the ramp and slide into the ring. They stand in the middle of the ring doing rock, paper, scissors in which Road Dogg wins as The Brood music kicks up. The entryway turns red as Edge and Christian come out from both sides of the entryway. Christian has the WWF Hardcore title over his shoulder as Edge smiles while staring in at Road Dogg. They walk slowly down the ramp, but eventually burst down the ring and slide in. Christian hands his title to the ref as he starts the match with Road Dogg.

Tag Team Grudge Match

The New Age Outlaws (Road Dogg and Billy Gunn) vs. The Brood (Edge and Christian)

The match goes back and forth with nobody officially having the advantage throughout most of the match. Road Dogg finally gets Edge in the ring after a while as he takes out his anger from last week out on Edge. He throws Edge around and hits him with a Pump Handle Slam as Billy Gunn pulls Christian off the apron on the outside and hits him with a FameAsser as Road Dogg picks up the win in the ring.

Your Winners via pinfall, the New Age OUTLAWS!

The New Age Outlaws celebrate before leaving the ring as Christian gets back in the ring and throws a tantrum. He helps Edge up and starts screaming as all of a sudden someone runs down the ramp with a 2 by 4. He slides into the ring and blasts Christian upside the head with it as Edge runs out of the ring. Edge pulls Christian out of the ring as the camera finally shows the man to be Terry Funk as the crowd is going NUTS! Funk raises the 2 by 4 and stares down at Christian and points at Christian's Hardcore title as the camera cuts to a commercial.

MQ: 82%

Booker Notes: ***1/4 match, decent match to end everything between The New Age Outlaws and the Brood so that the New Age Outlaws can move on to a tag team feud and Christian can move onto another Hardcore title feud.

As we come back from commercial, JR is going crazy.

JR: I don't know what to say, King, I'm SHOCKED to see Terry Funk here tonight, but it's obvious what he wants, the WWF Hardcore championship.

King: Funk may be a legend, JR, but it's going to take a lot to get that title off of Christian's waist, Christian isn't willing to lose too easily.

The Ministry of Darkness music kicks up as the Acolytes make their way out onto the ramp with Paul Bearer behind them. Bearer smiles and laughs evilly as The Acolytes look serious walking down the ramp. They reach the ring and climb onto the apron. They step over the ropes and stand in the ring as Mankind's music kicks up. The crowd goes NUTS as Mankind walks out onto the ramp. He raises Mr. Socko at the fans as they pop loudly. Foley then charges right down the ramp and slides into the ring as the referee forces Faarooq to the apron as Bradshaw stands in the ring. Mankind gets onto the turnbuckle and raises Socko, but Bradshaw attacks him from behind and slams him with a Powerbomb off the turnbuckle as the bell rings.

Handicap match

Mankind vs. The Acolytes

Bradshaw started the match with the advantage, but quickly lost it as the Hardcore Legend fought back against the Undertaker's Henchmen. Mankind ended up knocking Bradshaw out, but Bradshaw kicked out of the pin and somehow made it to tag in Faarooq. Faarooq got a chance against Mankind and hit him with some stiff moves, knocking him down. Bradshaw climbed in the ring when Mankind got the advantage and the Acolytes started attacking Mankind two on one. They set him up for a Double Powerbomb as all of a sudden Steve Austin jumps over the barricade, slides into the ring and hits both the Acolytes with Stunners then he runs back through the crowd as Mankind slowly got up and put on Mr. Socko to a loud pop. Faarooq slowly got up and Mankind locked him in the Mandible Claw as Faarooq immediately passes out and the ref calls for the bell.

Your winner via submission, Mankind!

The crowd goes nuts as Mankind celebrates with Mr. Socko.

King: Austin has ruined ANOTHER match, JR!!! And it was while he was SUPPOSED to be banned from the building! How the HELL did he get in here?

JR: I don't know how he did, King, but he did, and I'm damn proud of him for it!

The camera cuts to a commercial.

OR: 71%

CR: 72%

MQ: 69%

Booker Notes: **1/2 match, not such a great match, but it was reasonable.

As the camera comes back from comercial, Kaientai's music is playing over the loudspeaker. They make their way down the ramp with Japanese flags as they slide into the ring. They put the flags by their corner as Taka gets onto the apron. Then, "Live for the Moment" kicks up over the loudspeaker as the Hardy Boyz make their way out to a decent pop. They do their gun taunts on the ramp before running down to the ring and sliding in. They get on opposite turnbuckles and do their gun taunts then they jump down. Jeff gets onto the apron as Matt stays in the ring as the bell rings.

Tag Team Match

Kaientai (Taka Michinoku and Sho Funaki) vs. The Hardy Boyz (Matt and Jeff)

Matt starts the match off with Funaki as they go back and forth pulling off some decent light heavyweight moves to get the crowd to pop. It becomes a typical tag team match just with some high-flying aspects, as The Hardy Boyz end up picking up the win as Jeff knocked Funaki down and hit him with a Swanton Bomb for the pin.

Winners via pinfall, The Hardy Boyz

JR: Big win for the Hardy Boyz as they raise up the tag team ladder, but folks, we're about to go to our last commercial break as the networks have given us a 20 minute main event spot for Stone Cold Steve Austin, and I have to say, folks, it's gonna be a SHOCKER!

OR: 68%

CR: 50%

MQ: 87%

Booker Notes: ***, typical tag team match, nothing really special.

The camera comes back to a loud sound of glass breaking over the loudspeaker as Stone Cold Steve Austin's music kicks up over the loudspeaker. The crowd goes NUTS as Steve Austin drives out onto the stage in a hummer. He sticks his head out the window and sticks his middle finger up and laughs as he drives down the ramp and finally reaches the bottom of the ramp. He stops the hummer at the bottom of the ramp and jumps out of the hummer. He opens the back door and pulls out a cooler. He carries the cooler with him up the steps and brings it into the ring. He puts it in the center of the ring and opens it up and pulls out a cold one and cracks it open as he climbs onto the first turnbuckle. He guzzles some of the beer down on the first turnbuckle then jumps down and walks across the ring to the opposite turnbuckle. He guzzles more of the can down and finishes it off on that turnbuckle before throwing the can into the crowd. Then, he jumps down and walks to the center and pulls out another cold one. He walks to the right and jumps on the turnbuckle. He cracks the can open and guzzles half of it down then jumps down and walks to the last turnbuckle and guzzles the rest of the can and throws it into the crowd. Then, he jumps down and walks over and sits on the cooler as he calls for a microphone. The timekeeper throws him one as he catches it and smiles as he raises the mic to his mouth.

Stone Cold Steve Austin: Seattle, Washington, if you wanna spend the next 20 minutes with Stone Cold Steve Austin, give me a HELL YEAH! (Crowd: HELL YEAH!) Now tonight, Comissioner Shawn Michaels was grand enough to give me this time and hell, being that this is my night, I got guys coming around the whole arena right now bringing every single one of you who are 21 or over a nice cold can of official Stone Cold Steveweisers. (The crowd goes nuts as Austin smiles) Now that that's taken care of.. it's time for the BUSINESS! Last weekend at The Royal Rumble, Vince McMahon defeated ME to win the Royal Rumble match itself, but the question is, will Stone Cold Steve Austin sit back and take the loss? EH EH.. It ain't gonna happen. You see Vince, I had that Royal Rumble WON. I prepared myself WELL for that match, yet you used your boy THE ROCK, to take me out and move me further away from the Wrestlemania spot. But the thing is, Vince, I'm smarter than you. You may think you're the smartest man in this company or maybe even the smartest man in the world, but Vince, I had a talk with Commissioner Michaels and I have to say, I walked out a pretty happy man. Now Vince, I know you're probably wondering why Michaels got the network to give me SO much time, because to be honest, if I have something to say, I don't need 20 minutes to say it. You see, Vince, Michaels got me this time because I have a VERY special challenge that Michaels gave me the power to make. Vince, here tonight, I'm challenging you one on one FOR THE #1 CONTENDORSHIP SPOT AT WRESTLEMANIA! (The crowd goes nuts) But you know what, Vince, I know what you're going to say.. you're going to say that you don't HAVE to do it. You don't HAVE to give me THIS opportunity, but Vince I'm afraid you do. You see Shawn Michaels has already SIGNED the contract to have a #1 contendorship match between me and you, so Vince, get your ass out here!!

The crowd goes nuts as Austin throws the mic and takes the cooler and passes it out of the ring to Howard Finkel.

Road Agent Notes: Steve Austin lost 2 points of overness from this segment.

Booker Notes: 84%, the crowd was disappointed because they were hoping to hear more from Austin.

A referee walks down the ramp and climbs in the ring and stands behind Austin as "NO CHANCE" kicks up over the loudspeaker. The crowd actually cheers because they're looking forward to seeing Austin vs. McMahon. McMahon walks out in a suit as the crowd changes to boos. McMahon walks out onto the ramp and walks down the ring staring in at Austin. He climbs onto the apron and steps into the ring as Austin runs right at him and hits him with a right hand as the crowd goes nuts and the bell rings.

#1 Contendors Match for Wrestlemania

Vince McMahon vs. Steve Austin

Austin starts completely destroying Vince McMahon and tossing him around the ring until The Rock runs down the ramp with his WWF World title and slides in the ring behind Austin. Austin turns around to walk towards the turnbuckle and Rock blasts him hard in the head with the WWF World title. The ref calls for the bell as Rock slides out of the ring and grabs a chair. He slides into the ring with it and locks it around Austin's leg and starts stomping on it as Austin grabs his leg in pain. Rock pulls the chair out and slams Austin in the gut with it. Then, Rock stands over Austin with the WWF World title in his hands as Vince grabs a mic.

Vince: Austin, you want the match at Mania? You GOT THE MATCH AT MANIA. Be ready, the next two months are going to be a LIVING HELL for you!

Vince laughs as Rock smiles and fixes his sunglasses and $500 shirt as he shakes hands with Vince McMahon and the show ends.

OR: 83%

CR: 91%

MQ: 66%

Booker Notes: **1/2, horrible match in the ring, but the crowd LOVED it.

Overall rating: 6.37 (77%)

Edited by TheBookerMan69

WWF Sunday Night Heat

January 31st, 1999

This week on Heat, the WWF Women's championship will be defended for the first time since Royal Rumble as Sable defends her championship against the up-and-coming OVW Women's star, "The Sassy Sweetheart" Sarah.

In the past 2 weeks, Goldust has been seemingly trying to impress The Godfather, but this week, The Godfather goes one on one with Gangrel and there is no telling if Goldust will have something to do with the decision of this match and if Goldust DOES do something, what will Val Venis have to say about it, as Val has not been too happy with Goldust as of late.

The WWF European championship will also be on the line on Heat as X-pac defends his championship against Kaientai's Sho Funaki.

Both WWF tag team champions will be in singles action this week on Heat as Jeff Jarrett goes up against D'lo Brown and Owen Hart goes up against the WWF's most shining rookie, Kurt Angle in this week's main event.

All this and more as the WWF invades the USA Network on Sunday Night at 7/6 Central with your hosts, Michael Cole and Kevin Kelly.

Edited by TheBookerMan69

WWF Sunday Night Heat

January 31st, 1999

Taped from the sold out Key Arena in Seattle, Washington

The WWF logo flashes across the screen as we cut to the WWF opening video. As the video ends, we cut to a video package from RAW is WAR showing clips from the main event segment on RAW is WAR with Stone Cold Steve Austin. As it ends, we cut to the Sunday Night Heat opening video. As the video ends, we cut to Michael Cole and Kevin Kelly sitting at ringside as fireworks are going off on the stage.

Michael Cole: Welcome fans to Sunday Night Heat, and after the HUGE ending of RAW on Monday night, we have a great show for you all tonight.

Kevin Kelly: I'm excited, Michael. Not only do we get to see the Woman's title be on the line tonight, but we get to see the European AND tag team champions in action.

Cole: To top it off, we once again have Kurt Angle in tonight's main event as he goes up against one half of the WWF tag team champions, Owen Hart.

Kelly: Well Michael, we're gonna start right off tonight with the WWF Woman's championship on the line as Sable defends against OVW's own Sarah. I gotta say, Michael, Sarah is not only very impressive in the ring, but she's a beautiful woman.

A tiger growl is heard as a snap is heard and Sable's music kicks up over the loudspeaker. The crowd gives her a mixed reaction as she wants out onto the ramp in her leather outfit and the WWF Woman's title around her waist. She walks slowly down the ramp blowing kisses to the crowd. She walks up the stairs and climbs into the ring. She hands the Woman's title to the referee as she waits. "Girl Next Door" by Blink 182 kicks up as "The Sassy Sweetheart" Sarah (AKA Mona of WCW fame) walks out onto the ramp. She is wearing a plain white shirt and jeans and has her hair back in a ponytail. She stands on the ramp smiling and waving at the crowd before walking down the ramp and sliding into the ring. As she stands up the bell rings and Sable goes at her.

WWF Woman's title match

Sable © vs. "The Sassy Sweetheart" Sarah

Surprisingly, in this match the champion was DEFINATELY out-matched in skill by her opponent, but due to Sarah's lack of experience with the WWF, she didn't have much of a chance. Sable ended up finishing her off with a Sable Bomb for the win.

Winner via pinfall and *STILL* WWF Woman's champion, Sable

OR: 59%

CR: 62%

MQ: 54%

Road Agent Notes: The WWF Womens title has gained in image.

Booker Notes: Only *1/2, but that's pretty good for a Woman's match considering that Sarah has a LOT of talent.

After a commercial, we cut to the backstage area where Goldust is walking around in his golden pimp gear as he sees 2 hoes outside The Godfather's locker room.

Goldust: LADIES, LADIES, LADIES! GoldPimp is here for you! Tonight, I'm going to give you the golden "shower" you've ALWAYS dreamed of!

The two ladies stare at Goldust and crack up laughing as they walk off and the camera cuts to the ring.

Booker Notes: 82% segment, decent, but very confusing as the crowd definately pops to see Goldust in pimp gear, but nobody understands the storyline at this point.

As we cut to the ring, the Brood music kicks up over the loudspeaker. A circle of fire begins to show up on the ramp as Gangrel shows up in the middle with his goblet. He walks down the ramp to loud boos and reaches the steps. He walks up to the second step, then turns around. He pours stuff from the goblet into his mouth then spits it into the crowd as he laughs and turns around and climbs into the ring. He waits in the ring as "Pimpin Ain't Easy" kicks up over the loudspeaker. The Godfather makes his way out onto the ramp. He looks around as the crowd is booing. He puts up a finger as if getting a thought then hops on one leg and turns around pointing towards the back as 4 hoes walk out and stand around Godfather including the 2 seen with Goldust a few seconds ago. The Godfather dances down the ramp with his ladies as he helps them up the stairs as they climb into the ring. Then, The Godfather follows them into the ring as he asks for a mic.

The Godfather: Cut the music! How are alllll my pimps out here in Seattle, Washington? (Loud pop) Now Gangrel, I came down here tonight ready to make an OFFER of the services of my women tonight. But then I thought it over, and I don't need my women coming back to me with little bite marks on their necks and have them trying to suck the blood right out of my head!

Decent pop for the sexual inuendo as Gangrel looks angry and attacks Godfather as the hoes climb out of the ring in fear

Singles Match

The Godfather vs. Gangrel

Very good brawl that went back and forth even though Gangrel had the advantage in the beginning. After the 2 hoes from earlier distracted the referee, Goldust made his way down the ramp and slid into the ring. He smacked his golden pimp cane over Gangrel's head leading into Godfather hitting the Pimp Drop for the win as Goldust goes outside the ring and talks to the two hoes he saw earlier and ended up walking off arm in arm with them.

Winner via pinfall, The Godfather

As Godfather gets up, he looks up the ramp and sees Goldust walking with the two hoes. He has a questionable look on his face then he nods and starts smiling as he calls the other two hoes in the ring and starts dancing with them as we cut to a commercial.

CR: 67%

MQ: 95%

Booker Notes: ****, amazing match, which was VERY surprising with Gangrel and Godfather.

After the commercial, Goldust is walking through the parking lot with the two hoes walking towards a gold convertible as Val Venis steps in front of him.

Val Venis: Where the hell do you think you're going? You know, Goldust, I don't like what I've been seeing. I don't know WHO you think you are interfering in mine and my partner's matches, but it's gone too damn far. You aren't a damn PIMP. You aren't even CLOSE to a pimp. I don't want you around, Godfather don't want you around, and I'm going to MAKE SURE you're NOT around. So Goldy, tomorrow night, I want you ONE on ONE in that ring and if I win, I never want to see your face even NEAR the ring in any of mine OR Godfather's matches EVER again.

Goldust: You want me? You GOT me! But get out of my way, I have some BUSINESS to take care of.

Goldust smiles as he walks the hoes towards his gold convertible and they all climb in as they drive off and the camera cuts to the ring.

Booker Notes: 79%, quick segment just to set up a match for tomorrow night.

Sho Funaki is already in the ring as we come back as "X-PAAAAAAAAC" kicks up over the loudspeaker as the crowd goes nuts. X-pac makes his way out onto the ramp with the European title around his waist. He does the suck it taunt twice then jumps up and does it a third time as green pyro goes off. Then, he runs down the ramp and slides into the ring. He hands the referee his belt as the bell is rung.

WWF European title match

X-pac © vs. Sho Funaki

This match was basically a squash match, but a very good squash match as both X-pac and Funaki's speed turned it into a pretty good match. X-pac ended up easily picking up the win with an X-factor.

Winner via pinfall, X-pac

OR: 78%

CR: 61%

MQ: 95%

Booker Notes: ****, even though it was a squash it was a very good match.

After a commercial, we come back to a guitar riff over the loudspeaker as Jeff Jarrett walks out onto the ramp with his WWF Tag Team Title over his shoulder and Debra by his side. He is holding Debra's hand as he basically drags her down the ramp. He tells her to stay on the outside as he climbs into the ring. He gets on the turnbuckle and taunts with his tag title. He jumps down and hands his belt to the referee as "You Lookin at the Real Deal Now!" kicks up over the loudspeaker as the crowd goes nuts. D'lo Brown makes his way out onto the ramp shaking his head around and raises his arms to a decent pop. He runs down the ramp and slides into the ring as the bell rings.

Singles Match

Jeff Jarrett vs. D'lo Brown

D'lo Brown fares pretty well with one half of the tag team champions as they go back and forth. D'lo ends up hitting Jarrett with a Sky High, but then Debra climbs onto the apron and begins to pull her shirt down a bit. D'lo begins to stare and smiles as he stands up and walks towards Debra. Jarrett gets up and gets behind D'lo and drops him with a Russian Leg Sweep then locks him in the Figure 4 for the Submission victory.

Winner via submission, Jeff Jarrett!

As Jarrett celebrates with Debra, the camera cuts to the backstage area where his partner, Owen Hart is standing by with Jerry Lawler.

CR: 77%

Road Agent Notes: Debra is losing overness because of her weak gimmick.

Booker Notes: ANOTHER **** match, seems as if they're quite typical tonight.

Jerry Lawler: Owen, in a few minutes, you go one on one with one of the most phenomenal athletes currently in the WWF and the biggest sensation since Stone Cold Steve Austin, Kurt Angle.

Owen Hart: Everywhere I go, I hear Kurt Angle this and Kurt Angle that. I'm TIRED of hearing his name. I'm TIRED of walking around and hearing everyone talk about how GREAT Kurt Angle is. Look at me, Jerry. I'm part of one of the most famous familes EVER in professional wrestling. I've been in there with the best of the best. My BROTHER was one of the best EVER in this sport, yet I still have to sit around and hear about how Kurt Angle is the future. I'M the future, Jerry. I'm the past, present AND future! Right now I stand in front of you as one half of the WWF World Tag Team Champions, but when my time comes, I will stand in FRONT of you as the WWF World Heavyweight Champion. I don't back down from anybody, Jerry, and Kurt Angle is NO different than anybody else!!

Owen stares at Lawler and spits on the ground and walks off as we cut to a commercial.

Booker Notes: 86%, decent interview, but we've definately seen better from the Nugget.

After the commercial, we come back to Owen's music kicking up over the loudspeaker as the crowd begins to chant Nugget. Owen walks out onto the ramp with his tag title belt looking angry. He ignores the fans and walks down the ramp sliding into the ring. He climbs onto the turnbuckle and points at himself and the word "Hart" on his shirt. He climbs down and hands the referee his belt as "Real American" kicks up over the loudspeaker as the crowd goes nuts. Kurt Angle makes his way out onto the ramp and spins around on the ramp smiling. He looks in at Hart and points to the word Angle down the side of his singlet as the crowd goes nuts. Angle runs down the ramp and slides into the ring as the bell rings.

Singles Match

Kurt Angle vs. Owen Hart

This was a VERY good technical match as both Owen and Angle are technical experts. After the match went back and forth, Jeff Jarrett and Debra made their way down the ramp and Jarrett is carrying his guitar. They waited outside the ring and Debra ended up distracting the referee as Jarrett climbs into the ring with his guitar. He gets ready to swing it at Angle and swings it, but Angle ducks and the guitar smashes over Owen's head. Angle grabs Jarrett and hits him with an Olympic Slam as Jarrett rolls out of the ring and Angle kicks the pieces of the guitar away and pins Owen as the referee ends up noticing and counts the pin.

Winner via Pinfall, Kurt Angle!

Angle sees Jarrett getting up outside the ring as he runs and slides out of the ring. He backs up the ramp as Jarrett climbs in the ring and checks on Owen as he stares out at Angle as Angle celebrates on the top of the ramp as the show ends.

OR: 87%

CR: 83%

Road Agent Notes: Kurt Angle lost 2 points of overness from this match.

Booker Notes: **** match, VERY good technical style match. Both Angle and Hart were applauded.

Overall rating: 5.12 (66%)

Edited by TheBookerMan69

WWF RAW is WAR

February 1st, 1999

After not showing up for RAW last week for unknown reasons, Triple H will be back on RAW this week as he teams up with Kurt Angle to go up against Corporation members Ken Shamrock and Kane.

After Val Venis challenged Goldust on Heat last night to a match on tonight's RAW, Goldust was quick to accept and now we have Goldust the "pimp" going one on one with Val Venis.

The WWF Tag Team titles will be on the line as Edge and Christian get the chance of a lifetime against Canadian Country.

The European championship will be on the line on RAW as X-pac defends against a mystery opponent. Nobody knows who his opponent will be, but rumors have it that he is coming STRAIGHT from Europe.

The young Hardy Boyz are still trying to move up the WWF tag team ladder and this week they go up against Too Much. Can the Hardy Boyz win again and move closer to getting WWF tag team title shots?

PLUS, Vince McMahon has announced that he will schedule a HUGE main event for this show, but it will be announced at the beginning of RAW, so make sure you tune in to this huge night of WWF action and join Jerry "The King" Lawler and Good Ol' Jim Ross at 9/8 Central LIVE on USA Network.

i like this diary man... 99 definately was a great year and i love what your doing with it... Angle vs Shamrock at NWO will be sweetah... Give Test a push though... i think he could be a huge star for you before 2000 comes around...

February 1st, 1999

Live from the sold out MCI Center in Washington D.C.

The WWF logo flashes across the screen as we cut to the WWF opening video. As the video ends, the scene cuts to the end of last week's show where Stone Cold Steve Austin is in the ring. The video shows Austin telling McMahon that a match between them has been signed, then it cuts to Vince McMahon walking down the ramp looking pissed off. Then it cuts to Stone Cold beating down McMahon, then it cuts right to Austin being blasted in the head by a belt shot from The Rock. Vince is then shown announcing that Austin will have the match with Rock at Wrestlemania as the video cuts off and we cut to Vince McMahon's office where Vince is sitting at his desk.

Vince McMahon: Welcome ladies and gentlemen to MONDAY NIGHT RAW IS WAR. Now tonight is a BIG night. As you all saw last week, I announced that at Wrestlemania, The Rock will defend HIS World Heavyweight championship against that no-good son of a bitch, Stone Cold Steve Austin! (The crowd in the arena goes nuts) Yeah, I know you're ALL so excited about this, but tonight, we're going to start off the Road to Wrestlemania for Stone Cold. TONIGHT, in our main event, we're going to have a little 3 on 2 Handicap match. On one side, we will have Stone Cold Steve Austin teaming up with the man that The Rock DEFEATED to stand here today as the WWF World Heavyweight champion, Mankind! (Another loud pop from the crowd) And their opponents, first, the World Heavyweight champion himself, The Rock! (The crowd boos) And his partners, BOTH representing the Ministry of Darkness, we have the LEADER himself, The Undertaker and the BIGGEST man in the World Wrestling Federation, VISCERA! (The crowd goes into a soar of boos) Have a GREAT night!

Booker Notes: 90%, nice little opening segment from the boss setting up our main event for tonight.

Vince smiles at the camera as we cut to the RAW opening video. As the video ends, fireworks go off on the stage as JR is heard talking.

JR: Welcome everybody and we're LIVE from Seattle Washington here in the Key Arena!! I'm Good Ol' Jim Ross alongside Jerry "The King" Lawler, and King, last week we officially found out our main event for Wrestlemania!!

Jerry “The King” Lawler: I have to say, JR, I am SHOCKED that Vince McMahon gave his world title shot to Stone Cold Steve Austin, but I STILL think he's a genius. I mean, think about it, JR. That gives Vince TWO months to soften up Steve Austin. It gives the CORPORATION TWO months to make sure that Austin is "ready" for The Rock. And JR, I just don't think Austin will EVER be able to defeat the Corporate champion.

JR: That's yet to be seen, King, but Austin wants that championship and he'll do ANYTHING he has to to get it.

King: Well, JR, as we just heard, we have a HUGE main event scheduled here tonight, and I don't think Steve Austin and Mankind stand much of a chance.

JR: Don't underestimate them, King. They are two of the GREATEST superstars in this business.

As JR finishes, we cut to the backstage area where Triple H is putting on his boots as Chyna walks in.

Chyna: Ready, Hunter? Your match is up first.

Triple H: Look Chyna, I been thinking about it, and for your own good, I think you should stay back here for this match. I don't need what happened last time to happen again. And Kane is DANGEROUS. I don't want you to make a mistake.

Chyna: You don't want ME to make a mistake. Look at me Hunter, I can HANDLE my own. But if that's how you want it to be, THAT'S how it WILL be!

Chyna walks off angrily as Triple H stares after her and we cut to the ring.

Booker Notes: 77%, decent segment leading into the next match.

As we cut to the ring an explosion goes off on the ramp and Kane's music kicks up over the loudspeaker. Kane walks out onto the ramp to loud boos. As he walks down the ramp he fixes his glove. He climbs up onto the apron and steps over the top rope. He gets into the ring and stands in the center of the ring. He raises his arms up and brings them down as fire comes up from each of the turnbuckles then Ken Shamrock's music kicks up over the loudspeaker. Shamrock makes his way out onto the ramp. He looks serious as he walks down the ramp. He walks up the stairs as he reaches the ring. He stands on the second step and starts punching himself on both sides of the head then screams before climbing through the ropes into the ring. He stands next to Kane and looks over at him and nods as Degeneration X's music kicks up over the loudspeaker as the crowd goes nuts. Triple H makes his way out onto the ramp and stands at the top of the ramp. He has a water bottle in his hand and pours water in his mouth then does the Suck It taunt as he spits out the water. Then, he starts to walk down the ramp and waits at the bottom of the ramp as "Real American" kicks up over the loudspeaker as the crowd goes nuts. Kurt Angle makes his way out onto the ramp and taunts at the top of the ramp. He kisses his gold medals then takes them off as he walks down the ramp. He hands his gold medals to a cameraman outside the ring and says something to him. Then he walks over to Triple H as they shake hands and nod at each other before sliding into the ring as the bell rings.

Tag Team Match

Kane and Ken Shamrock vs. Triple H and Kurt Angle

The match starts in a big brawl in the ring. Triple H and Kane are going at it as well as Kurt Angle and Ken Shamrock. The referee finally gets some order and Angle and Shamrock are sent to their respected corners. Triple H and Kane go back and forth until HHH tags in Angle. Angle does decent against Kane, but ends up taking a Chokeslam then Kane tags in Shamrock. Shamrock tries to make Angle tap with the Ankle Lock, but Angle ends up making it to the ropes. Action goes back and forth as Angle ends up tagging Triple H in and Shamrock tags in Kane. Triple H ends up setting Kane up for a Pedigree, but Kane reverses it and starts to set HHH up for a Tombstone, but Angle gets into the ring and hits Kane from behind. The referee stops Angle and tries to get him to his corner as Chyna jumps out of the crowd with a chair and slides into the ring. She blasts Shamrock off the apron with the chair and slams Kane in the head before sliding out of the ring. Kane stumbles around right into a rising HHH. HHH kicks him in the gut and hits him with a Pedigree for the pin.

Your winner via Pinfall, Triple H and Kurt Angle!!

Triple H gets up and stares out at Chyna as Angle gets into the ring and starts celebrating. Chyna backs up the ramp as HHH stares out at her as all of a sudden Kane sits up. He stands up and stands behind HHH as Angle is on the turnbuckle celebrating. HHH turns around and Kane grabs him by the throat and hits him with a huge Chokeslam. Angle hears it and turns around on the turnbuckle and dives at Kane. Kane catches him by the throat, but grabs him and drops him with a Tombstone. He stands over both HHH and Angle as he looks out at Shamrock outside the ring. He raises his arms up and slams them down as fire comes up from the turnbuckles again as we cut to a commercial.

CR: 85%

MQ: 79%

Booker Notes: **3/4, decent match, seems as if the beginning of a Kane/Triple H feud, and of course continued the Ken Shamrock/Kurt Angle feud.

As we come back from commercial, we cut to JR and The King at the announce table.

JR: You know, King, I don't know WHAT got into Chyna, but I have to say, Kane was NOT too happy about it.

King: Not TOO happy? He wasn't happy at ALL, JR. He just destroyed two up and coming superstars, Triple H and Kurt Angle.

JR: I think Chyna may have just bit off more than she can chew, and I think Hunter knows it.

King: Of course he knows it, and now HE is the one that's going to pay for it, because you and I both know that he's going to back his girl up.

JR: Well folks, this next match has a bit of history to it as it all started two weeks ago on RAW is WAR. Goldust got involved in a tag team match involving Val Venis and The Godfather and although he helped them win, Val Venis has not been too happy about Goldust trying to be like the Godfather recently.

King: Yeah, I gotta admit though, JR. I LOVE seeing Goldust in his pimp gear. Something about it just makes me crack up inside.

JR: It's quite a sight, King. But last night on Heat, Goldust helped The Godfather defeat Gangrel, and that set Val Venis off. So Venis challenged Goldust to a match here tonight where if Venis wins, Goldust can NEVER be near the ring when Val Venis OR the Godfather have a match.

King: You gotta wonder where The Godfather stands in all this though, JR. I mean last night on Heat, he didn't look like he had ANY problem with Goldust. In fact, he seemed to like having someone try to be like him, but I still don't know why it HAS to be Goldust.

"HELLOOOOO LADIESSS" kicks up over the loudspeaker as the crowd goes into a mixed reaction. Val Venis walks out onto the ramp with a towel around him as he smiles and licks his fingers. He walks down the ramp and slides into the ring. He stands in the center of the ring and puts his hands behind his head as he shakes around, then pulls off the towel. He asks for a mic, but right as it's about to be handed to him, the screen turns gold as "Shattered Dreams Productions" shows up on the screen. Gold glitter flies around the arena as Goldust walks out onto the ramp in his pimp gear as the crowd goes nuts. Venis gets angry in the ring and walks to the ropes and screams out at Goldust. Goldust smiles as he walks down the ramp. He stops at the bottom of the ramp and takes off the pimp jacket and hat and leaves them with the Kane beside the ramp as he slides into the ring and the bell rings.

Singles match

STIPULATION: If Val Venis wins, Goldust cannot ever be involved in Val Venis or The Godfather's matches again

Val Venis vs. Goldust

Venis takes his anger out on Goldust immediately as he goes crazy on him. Goldust comes back a few times as they go back and forth. Eventually, The Godfather makes his way down the ramp. Val Venis walks to the ropes and starts screaming at him to get to the back and that this is HIS fight. Goldust gets up behind Venis and rolls him up as the ref counts the three.

Winner via pinfall, GOLDUST!

Goldust lets go of Venis and stands up and smiles out at The Godfather. Godfather slides into the ring as Venis gets right up and runs right at Goldust knocking him down with a clothesline. Godfather tries to stop Venis, but Venis grabs him and hits him with a Fisherman's Suplex, then jumps onto the turnbuckle and jumps off with a Money Shot on Godfather. He stands over Godfather and spits on him as we cut to a commercial.

OR: 82%

CR: 87%

MQ: 72%

Road Agent Notes: Val Venis's turn was completed, and he is now a heel. Val Venis gained 3 points of overness from this turn.

Booker Notes: **1/2, decent match, but the crowd was really into it. This match worked in setting up a tag team between Goldust and Godfather and getting Val Venis over as a heel.

As we come back from commercial, The Brood's music is playing over the loudspeaker as JR and King talk.

JR: I don't know WHAT has gotten into Val Venis, King. I think he went a LITTLE too far with the Goldust situation.

King: He's doing what he believes he needs to do, JR. You have to at least respect him for that.

JR: RESPECT? Respect a man that just turned on his partner for NO reason?

King: For no reason? Godfather cost him the match against Goldust, JR. It's OBVIOUS that Godfather was the one who turned on Venis.

JR: You really make me wonder sometimes, King.

Red lights flash around the arena as Edge and Christian make their way onto the ramp. Christian has his Hardcore title around his waist as they make their way down the ramp.

JR: Anyway folks, we have a big match coming up here as Edge and Christian get the chance to become the WWF tag team champions. And King, if they win here, Christian will hold TWO championships.

King: I could definately see that happen, JR. I mean, Christian is very talented and his career is just beginning. He's already been Light Heavyweight champion, now Hardcore champion, and soon enough he'll be a tag team champion.

JR: We'll see about that, King. But one thing you have to remember, last week on RAW, Road Dogg gave up on trying to get the Hardcore title back so that he and Billy Gunn could go for the tag team championship, but now the man that BEAT Road Dogg for the Hardcore title, Christian, is the one getting a tag title shot. Road Dogg can't be too happy about that.

King: Who cares about Road Dogg, JR. I mean, Degeneration X is overrated. If he wants to do something, let him do it, Christian can take care of him.

Edge and Christian are already in the ring waiting as a guitar riff is heard over the loudspeaker. Owen Hart and Jeff Jarrett make their way out onto the ramp with Debra between them. They both have their tag titles around their waists as Jarrett has his guitar in his left hand and is holding Debra's hand with his right hand. They walk down the ramp and Jarrett leaves his guitar with Debra as they climb into the ring and hand the ref their belts. Edge and Owen get onto their aprons as the bell is rung.

WWF Tag Team Championship match

Canadian Country (Owen Hart and Jeff Jarrett) © vs. The Brood (Edge and Christian)

This was a pretty good match for the first few minutes until the New Age Outlaws make their way to the ring. They slide right into the ring and go at both Edge and Jarrett who are in the ring as Owen and Christian climb right into the ring and a brawl begins as the bell is rung for a no contest. The brawl continues as Road Dogg ends up getting the guitar from outside the ring and smashing it over Christian's head as Billy Gunn took out the other three with a chair as the New Age Outlaws grab the tag titles and Road Dogg grabs the Hardcore title as well and they raise all 3 belts up then drop them to the mat and slide out of the ring as we cut to a commercial.

CR: 81%

Booker Notes: ***, was looking to be a very good match before the New Age Outlaws got involved, but the brawl after the match could lead to a few options, keep watching to see which way it goes.

As we come back from the commercial, we cut to the backstage area where Edge and Christian are walking through the hallway in pain as Terry Funk walks out in front of them. Christian stops and throws up his hands as Funk tries to stop him.

Funk: Whoaa, hold on there, tiger. Listen, about last week, I made a mistake. You're very talented, Christian, but you have something I want. (Funk taps Christian's Hardcore title belt) I want that Hardcore championship, and to be honest, Christian, I'm GOING to get it. But I won't be like most people around here. To get what I want, I'll do it the FAIR way.

Funk smiles and taps Christian on the shoulder then continues walking. Christian turns around and stares at Funk then looks at Edge and nods then Edge and Christian run up behind Funk and knock him down. They start beating and stomping on him then leave him laying as Christian grabs his Hardcore title and stares down at Funk.

Christian: You want MY title, Funk? You're gonna have to KILL me first!

Christian laughs as he and Edge walk off and the camera cuts to the ring.

Road Agent Notes: Terry Funk debuted his new gimmick (Split Personality), it got a positive response.

Booker Notes: 79%, decent segment setting up the feud between Christian and Terry Funk.

JR: My GOD, King, Christian has NO compassion at all. He just DESTROYED the legendary Terry Funk, and all Funk did was tell Christian he's coming for his championship.

King: Well think about it, JR. That title is Christian's pride and joy, if ANYBODY threatens to take it away, it can't make him too happy.

"X-PAAAAAAAAAAAAC" kicks up over the loudspeaker as the crowd goes nuts. X-pac makes his way out onto the ramp with his European championship around his waist. He stands at the top of the ramp and does the Suck It taunt a few times then jumps up and does it in the air before walking down the ramp and sliding into the ring. He hands the referee his title belt and waits in the ring for his unknown opponent as all of a sudden a video starts playing on the titantron. It goes through various European countries and the video ends in Blackpool, England as a man walks into the camera and begins to talk.

"My name is Steven Regal and I'm here to show you what TRUE European culture is all about, something you bloody Americans could never relate to!"

Regal smiles as the video ends.

Booker Notes: 81%, decent video setting up Regal's debut.

An old English song begins playing over the loudspeaker as Steven Regal makes his way out onto the ramp with tights on that have the British flag around it. He always has a large British flag on his hands as he waves it around and smiles at the crowd. He waves at the crowd and laughs and shakes his head then walks down the ramp. He leaves the flag outside the ring and climbs in. He offers his hand to X-pac, but as X-pac goes to shake his hand, he pulls it away and hits X-pac with a hard right hand, knocking him down as the bell is rung.

WWF European title match

X-pac © vs. Steven Regal

Regal made quite an impressive debut as he showcased his technical skills in this match. The match wasn't so amazing as their styles clashed due to Regal being more of a technical superstar and X-pac is more about speed. The action goes back and forth until X-pac hits Regal with an X-factor, but as Regal hits the mat in pain he rolls out of the ring to the floor. X-pac climbs out of the ring and walks around the ring to Regal, but as he reaches Regal, the British flag is seen in Regal's hands as he swings it up and smacks X-pac in the face with it as the referee calls for the bell.

Your Winner via Disqualification, X-pac!

Regal slowly gets up and stands over X-pac with the flag. He smiles and leans the flag up against the ring, then gets down and locks X-pac in the Regal Stretch as the crowd goes into a soar of boos and a bunch of referees and road agents charge the ring try to pull Regal off X-pac, but he won't let go as we cut to a commercial.

CR: 80%

MQ: 68%

Road Agent Notes: Steven Regal debuted his new gimmick (Anti-USA), it got a positive response. The WWF European title has gained in image.

Booker Notes: *3/4, not such a good match, but that is only due to their styles clashing. A feud between these 2 is scheduled, but we're hoping they could get used to each other's styles.

As we come back from commercial, X-pac is shown being loaded into an ambulance as HHH is there with him as "During the Break" shows up in the bottom left corner of the screen.

JR: I don't even know what to say right now, King. Steven Regal made his debut here tonight, but I'm not so sure that he belongs here after what he just did to X-pac.

King: What was so wrong about it, JR? I mean, yeah, he used an illegal weapon during the match, but he was only trying to save himself.

JR: Not only did he use the flag, King, but he locked X-pac in the Regal Stretch when the match was over and wouldn't let him go. It took 10 referees and road agents to FINALLY get Regal off him.

King: Oh well, JR. We could use a man like Steven Regal around here.

JR: This is typical you, King, it really is.

"Live for the Moment" kicks up over the loudspeaker as the girls in the crowd go nuts. The Hardy Boyz make their way out onto the ramp and give their gun taunts, then charge the ring and slide in. They jump on the turnbuckles and taunt as Too Much's music kicks up over the loudspeaker. They dance out onto the ramp in their pink outfits. The crowd gives them a mixed reaction as they dance down the ramp then slide in the ring as the bell is rung.

Tag Team Match

The Hardy Boyz (Matt and Jeff) vs. Too Much (Brian Christopher and Scott Taylor)

Typical tag team match dominated by the young Hardy Boyz. Decent match though as both teams had the chance to show their skills. Match was ended by a Twist of Fate from Matt Hardy on Brian Christopher for the pinfall.

Your winner via pinfall, The Hardy Boyz!

After the match, The Hardy Boyz celebrate on the turnbuckles before we cut to the backstage area where Steve Austin is strapping on his boots when Mankind walks in.

OR: 67%

CR: 53%

Road Agent Notes: Brian Christopher lost 1 point of overness from this match. Scott Taylor lost 1 point of overness from this match. Matt Hardy gained 2 points of overness from this match. Jeff Hardy gained 2 points of overness from this match.

Booker Notes: ***, decent tag team match, but the crowd wasn't into it too much as neither team is really over. Seems as if the tag push of the Hardy Boyz is continuing though.

Mankind: Listen Steve, I know you don't like me and all...

Austin: Whoa whoa, hold on there. First of all, you don't just WALK into my locker room without knocking, so back your ass out that door and knock first.

Mankind looks at Austin weird then backs up out the door and closes it, then knocks

Austin: Who is it?

Mankind: Steve.. it's me, Mankind.

Austin: Oh! Come on in, buddy.

Mankind opens the door and walks into the locker room and stares at Steve as Steve stares back.

Austin: Well, ain'tcha got somtin to say?

Mankind: Well Steve, I know you don't like me and all, but..

Austin: Who ever said I don't like ya. Look at ya man, the mask, the clothes, you're a genius man. There ain't no other sonovabitch I'd rather have as a partner tonight.

Mankind: Well... thanks, I guess. But what I came in to talk to you about IS the match tonight. It's a big match, Steve, and three BIG opponents, and I just wanted to make sure you were ready.

Austin: You're asking ME if I'm ready? I'm ALWAYS ready. After what Vince and that sonovabitch, The Rock did last week, revenge is ON my mind and you're damn right I'm going to take it out on all 3 of them tonight.

Mankind: That's what I like to hear! I'll see you out there, Steve.

Mankind starts to walk out of the locker room but Austin calls after him.

Austin: Hold up, man. Just one thing.. you gotta lose the happy attitude man. Things are getting serious around here, and you NEED to get aggressive.

Mankind stares at Austin and looks like he's thinking as he nods and walks off as we cut to a commercial.

Booker Notes: 88%, good segment, leaving the fans wondering what's gonna happen next.

As we come back from commercial, the arena gets dark and the gongs are heard as the Ministry of Darkness music kicks up over the loudspeaker. The crowd goes into a soar of boos as The Undertaker, Viscera and Paul Bearer walk out onto the ramp. Undertaker is wearing his long cloak as Viscera stands to his right staring towards the ring. Bearer smiles and carries the Undertaker's urn down the ramp and they stop at the bottom of the ramp. Bearer hands the urn to The Undertaker and takes off his cloak. Undertaker climbs into the ring with the urn as Viscera climbs in with him. Viscera stares at the urn as The Undertaker gets on one knee and raises the urn. Then, The Undertaker stands up and passes the urn out to Paul Bearer and waits in the ring as "IF YA SMELLLLLLLL WHAT THE ROCK.. IS COOKIN" kicks up over the loudspeakera s the crowd goes into a soar of boos. The Rock makes his way out onto the ramp. He stands at the top of the ramp and raises an eyebrow, then fixes his glasses and his title belt as he walks down the ramp. He slides into the ring and jumps onto the turnbuckle. He pulls his belt off his shoulder and raises it in the air, then pulls off his sunglasses and throws them out into the crowd. He jumps off the turnbuckle and hands his belt to the referee as Glass is heard shattering. The crowd goes NUTS as Stone Cold Steve Austin makes his way out onto the ramp. He flicks off The Rock in the ring as he walks down the ramp and waits at the bottom of the ramp for Mankind. Mankind's music plays, but he doesn't come out. Austin starts getting angry and turns around staring at the entryway. His music starts over and once again he doesn't come out. Austin starts walking up the ramp angrily but all of a sudden a guitar is heard playing over the loudspeaker as the crowd goes NUTS as they know what is about to happen. Cactus Jack steps out onto the ramp as the crowd goes crazy. He screams BANG BANG and does his gun taunt as the crowd is going nuts. Stone Cold stares at the top of the ramp with a smile on his face as Cactus Jack looks at Austin and smiles back. Jack walks down the ramp towards Austin and as he reaches him they shake hands then nod at each other and charge the ring and slide in as the bell is rung.

3 on 2 Handicap Match

The Undertaker, The Rock and Viscera vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin and Cactus Jack

Surprisingly, Austin and Cactus Jack were VERY dominant in this match. Viscera was taken out the easiest by a Stunner from Austin. Action went back and forth but all of a sudden the lights cut out and cut back on a few seconds later and Cactus Jack is laid out in the center of the ring. Austin tries to get into the ring, but The Rock comes from behind him and laid him out with a chair while the referee wasn't looking. Meanwhile in the ring, The Undertaker pins Mankind as Paul Bearer is laughing outside the ring.

Winners via pinfall, The Undertaker, The Rock and Viscera!!

The Undertaker stands up and calls for Bearer to bring the urn into the ring. The Undertaker takes the urn and gets on his knees right next to Cactus Jack and raises the urn up as The Rock stands over Steve Austin outside the ring as the show ends.

OR: 79%

MQ: 74%

Booker Notes: **1/2, not such a great match in the ring, especially with Viscera involved, and for some reason the crowd didn't get into it as much as expected, but the crowd went NUTS for Cactus Jack's return instead of Mankind.

6.37 rating (80%)

Edited by TheBookerMan69

WWF Sunday Night Heat

February 7th, 1999

After this past week on RAW, it seems as if Road Dogg isn't done with the Hardcore title after all. This week on Heat, he will go up against the other man who wants the Hardcore championship, Terry Funk in a hardcore match.

Also on RAW, Chyna angered Kane to the point that Kane DESTROYED both Kurt Angle and Triple H. On Heat, Kane will go one on one with one of Chyna and Triple H's stablemates in Degeneration X, Billy Gunn.

The Corporation's Law and Order, Big Bossman will face OVW prospect, The Prototype.

Two championships will be on the line on Heat as Ken Shamrock defends his Intercontinental title against Al Snow and Canadian Country defends their tag team titles against the young up-and-coming team, The Hardy Boyz.

Finally, Val Venis turned on his partner, The Godfather this past week on RAW, and he has promised that he will bring in a friend from the adult film business this week to make up for his loss of a partner. Who will this man be? And what will his goal be?

WWF Sunday Night Heat

February 7th, 1999

Taped from the sold out MCI Center in Washington D.C.

The WWF logo flashes across the screen as we cut to the WWF opening video. As the video ends, we cut to a video package from RAW is WAR showing the end of the Austin and Mankind segment on RAW, then it cuts to the return of Cactus Jack. The video then shows the lights cutting out in the arena and coming back on with Cactus Jack knocked out and ends with the Undertaker kneeling next to Cactus Jack with his urn as the Sunday Night Heat video begins to play. As the video ends, we cut to Michael Cole and Kevin Kelly sitting at ringside as fireworks are going off on the stage.

Michael Cole: Welcome fans to Sunday Night Heat, and to start things off, I would like to say welcome back to Cactus Jack!

Kevin Kelly: I'm stunned, Michael. I did NOT expect to see Cactus on RAW, but it happened.

Cole: It sure did, Kevin, and what a show we have for you all tonight. We have 6 huge matches scheduled.

Kelly: Some of the best of the best will be here tonight, Michael.

As Kelly finishes talking, Terry Funk's music kicks up over the loudspeaker. The crowd gives him a decent pop as he walks out onto the ramp. He raises his arm up and walks down the ramp. As he reaches the ring, he pulls up the apron and pulls out a few weapons and tosses them into the ring before sliding in. Then, "OH YOU DIDN'T KNOWWWW... YOUR ASS BETTA CALL SOMEBODYYY" kicks up over the loudspeaker as Road Dogg makes his way out onto the ramp. He taunts the crowd and does the Suck It taunt before making his way down the ramp and sliding into the ring as the bell is rung.

Hardcore Match

Terry Funk vs. Road Dogg

This was basically an all out brawl with weapons. Pretty good Hardcore match that ended with a huge DDT from Terry Funk onto a chair for the pinfall.

Winner via pinfall, Terry Funk

After the match, Christian makes his way down to the ring with the Hardcore title. He slides into the ring and gets behind Funk ready to hit him with the hardcore title, but Road Dogg trips him up and hits him with a Pumphandle Slam. Funk turns around and looks at Road Dogg as Road Dogg smiles and points down at Christian. Funk grabs Christian, lifts him up and drops him with a DDT onto the Hardcore title belt. Road Dogg slides out of the ring and backs up the ramp as Funk stares out at him as we cut to a commercial.

OR: 78%

CR: 75%

Booker Notes: ***, pretty good hardcore match, but the crowd couldn't really get into it.

We come back to an explosion going off on the ramp as Kane's music kicks up. Kane makes his way out onto the ramp and walks down while fixing his glove. He makes it to the ring and steps up onto the apron and steps over the ropes and into the ring as "OH YOU DIDN'T KNOW.. YOUR ASS BETTA CALL SOMEBODYY" kicks up again as Billy Gunn makes his way out onto the ramp. He turns around at the top of the ramp and shakes his ass before turning around and doing the suck it taunt. He walks down the ramp and slides into the ring as the bell rings.

Singles Match

Kane vs. Billy Gunn

Kane dominates Billy Gunn until Chyna makes her way out to the ring. She stays outside and distracts the referee as Triple H charges down the ramp with a chair. He slides into the ring behind Kane and hits him in the back of the head with the chair, knocking him right towards Billy Gunn. Triple H slides out of the ring as Gunn kicks Kane in the gut and hits him with a Fameasser for the pin.

Your winner via pinfall, Billy Gunn!

Booker Notes: ***, good match even through the interference.

As we come back from commercial, a video package is played showing various points from the past few months about Mankind/Cactus Jack, Steve Austin, The Rock, and The Undertaker and it ends the scene on Monday Night.

Booker Notes: 82%, at this point it is unknown why this video was played, but it'll be explained on RAW.

As the video ends, it cuts to the ring where The Prototype is already waiting in the ring as Big Bossman's music kicks up over the loudspeaker and Big Bossman makes his way out onto the ramp. He swings his nightstick around and raises it up to loud boos, then makes his way down the ramp and slides into the ring. He puts his nightstick in the corner as the bell rings.

Singles Match

Big Bossman vs. The Prototype

This was surprisingly a VERY good match but seemed more like The Prototype's selling is what really made the match. Prototype surprisingly got in some pretty good moves and almost got in a Protoplex, but Bossman, who was hiding his nightstick, hits Prototype with the nightstick. Prototype falls to the ground and Bossman gets down and pins him, but the referee calls for the bell and points at the nightstick.

Winner via Disqualification, The Prototype!

Bossman gets pissed and gets up and hits the referee hard with his nightstick before standing over Prototype and smacking him with the nightstick again as we cut to a commercial.

CR: 66%

MQ: 94%

Road Agent Notes: The Prototype gained 1 point of overness from this match.

Booker Notes: ****, VERY good match, showing a good future for The Prototype even though he isn't officially being brought up to the main roster yet.

After the commercial, the JOB Squad theme is playing over the loudspeaker as Al Snow makes his way out onto the ramp with Head. The crowd gets a Head chant going as Al Snow taunts with Head and shakes him around before running down the ramp and sliding into the ring. Then, Shamrock's music kicks up as Shamrock makes his way out onto the ramp. He walks down the ramp and walks up to the second step. He pounds his head a few times, then walks into the ring. He hands the referee his title as the bell is rung.

WWF Intercontinental title match

Ken Shamrock © vs. Al Snow

This was a VERY good back and forth match. Al Snow almost picked up the win a few times, but Shamrock ended up locking him in the Ankle Lock for an expected victory.

Winner via submission, Ken Shamrock

As Shamrock gets up and grabs his Intercontinental title, Kurt Angle is running down the ramp. He slides into the ring and Shamrock swings the title belt at him, but Angle ducks and dropkicks Shamrock. Shamrock flies backwards and bounces off the ropes and Angle catches him and hits him with an Olympic Slam to a loud pop. Then, he locks him in the Ankle Lock as the crowd is going nuts and a bunch of referees run down and pull Angle off Shamrock as we cut to a commercial.

OR: 88%

Road Agent Notes: The WWF Intercontinental title has gained in image.

Booker Notes: ****1/2, VERY good match. This match showed that Al Snow should definately have a good future, even though he isn't being used too well right now.

After a commercial, we come back to a guitar riff over the loudspeaker as Canadian Country make their way out onto the ramp with Debra between them. They make their way down the ramp and climb into the ring. Owen waits in the ring as Jarrett gets onto the apron. "Live for the Moment" kicks up over the loudspeaker as the women in the crowd go nuts. The Hardy Boyz make their way out onto the ramp. They taunt on the ramp then run down the ramp and slide into the ring. Matt gets onto the apron as the bell rings.

WWF Tag Team Championship match

Canadian Country (Jeff Jarrett and Owen Hart) © vs. The Hardy Boyz (Matt and Jeff)

This is a pretty good tag team match, but just like on RAW, this match was ruined by the New Age Outlaws. The referee rules it a No Contest and once again the brawl continues after the match as all 3 teams brawl which needs to be broken up by a whole swarm of referees and road agents then we cut to a commercial.

OR: 79%

CR: 68%

MQ: 91%

Road Agent Notes: The WWF Tag Team titles have gained in image.

Booker Notes: ***3/4, very good tag team match, even though it was ruined.

After the commercial, "HELLO LADIIIES" kicks up over the loudspeaker as Val Venis makes his way out onto the ramp. Instead of his normal towel, Val is wearing jeans and a white T-shirt. He walks down to the ring and climbs in. He asks for a mic as the crowd is chanting Asshole.

Val Venis: Yeah, you people can call me an (beep)hole all you want, but as far as I'm concerned, I did what I HAD to do. The Godfather turned on ME. He wanted Goldust to be his friend. He ENJOYED seeing Goldust act like a damn pimp. Maybe I couldn't defeat Goldust on RAW, but it was a FLUKE. So tonight, Goldust, you're gonna have a match. You get to be in the MAIN EVENT of Sunday Night Heat! Tonight, you're going to face a good friend of mine. A man that I know from the adult film industry. I would like to introduce you all... to HUGH JOHNSON!!

The crowd begins to laugh as "HELLOOOO LADIES" kicks up again. A light heavyweight about 5'10" (Chad Collyer) walks out in a towel just as Venis normally would. He walks down the ramp and climbs into the ring. He does the same seductive dance Venis usually does as Venis smiles. Collyer pulls off the towel as a particulary... large.. bulge is seen in his pants. (OFF NOTE- Does the WWF REALLY have to do this?) He throws the towel out of the ring as Venis pats him on the back and slides out of the ring. Collyer jumps up and down a bit waiting.

Road Agent Notes: Val Venis lost 2 points of overness from this segment. Hugh Johnson gained 3 points of overness from this segment.

Booker Notes: 69%, being that Johnson is very unknown, this segment didn't really get the fans going.

As Johnson jumps around, "Pimpin Ain't Easy" kicks up over the loudspeaker. Goldust and The Godfather walk out in full pimp gear. They stop at the top of the ramp as the crowd is booing. Godfather and Goldust both put up one finger and bounce on one foot and point to the back as 4 hoes walk out. 2 go to Goldust and 2 go to The Godfather as they all walk down the ramp. They stop at the bottom of the ramp as the hoes help Goldust take off his pimp gear then he slides into the ring as the bell is rung.

Singles Match

Hugh Johnson vs. Goldust

This was a decent match, but once again, the crowd couldn't get into it too much because they really had no clue who Johnson was, but obviously he's pretty talented. Goldust basically dominated the match and picked up the win with a Curtain Call which REALLY angered Venis.

Winner via Pinfall, Goldust!

Venis slides right into the ring after the match with a chair and smacks Goldust in the head. Godfather slides into the ring and Venis swings the chair at him, but Godfather ducks it and hits Venis with a Pimp Drop. Godfather helps Goldust up as the hoes come in and dance with both Godfather and Goldust as the show ends with Venis and Johnson stumbling up the ramp.

OR: 70%

CR: 54%

Booker Notes: **3/4 match. Pretty good, but once again, the crowd just wasn't into it.

Overall rating: 5.39 (67%)

Edited by TheBookerMan69

WWF RAW is WAR

February 1st, 1999

After RAW last week and Heat last night, The Godfather and Val Venis will finally face each other one on one on RAW this week, and it's expected that Goldust and Hugh Johnson will definately be by the ring for this contest.

Edge and Christian have challenged Terry Funk to a tag team match, but as of now, Funk doesn't have a partner. Who will team with Funk against Edge and Christian, if anybody?

The problems between Kane and Triple H continue this week as Triple H teams with his stablemate, X-pac to take on Kane and the man that destroyed X-pac last week on RAW, Steven Regal. Many are wondering if X-pac will even be in attendence, but Pac's injuries were not as bad as originally expected and he will definately be in attendence this week to get revenge on Blackpool's own Steven Regal.

Commissioner Shawn Michaels has announced that we will have a number one contendors match for the tag team titles on RAW as The Hardy Boyz go up against the New Age Outlaws with the winners facing Canadian Country at No Way Out.

Speaking of the tag team champions, they are once again scheduled to defend their titles this week, but this time against a team that isn't really a team. Kurt Angle and D'lo Brown are teaming up after they both had singles matches with the champs last week on Heat.

PLUS, the official contract signing for The Rock and Steve Austin's match at Wrestlemania is scheduled for this week and after the return of Cactus Jack, will he be involved on RAW? That and much more as the WWF comes to you live at 9/8 Central with your hosts, Good Ol' Jim Ross and Jerry The King Lawler

February 8th, 1999

Live from the sold out American Airlines Arena in Miami, Florida

The WWF logo flashes across the screen as we cut to the WWF opening video. As the video ends, we cut to a scene of Steve Austin telling Mankind he needs to be more aggressive, then Mankind is shown thinking as parts of the entrances of each of the superstars in last week's main event is shown. Then, Austin is shown standing at the bottom of the ramp as Mankind's music is playing and he doesn't come out. Then, the return of Cactus Jack is shown as the crowd gives him a standing ovation. The lights in the arena are then shown going out, then it cuts to Rock knocking out Austin with a chair shot, then The Undertaker is shown pinning Mankind in the ring, then it cuts to Undertaker kneeling down next to Mankind with his urn as the video ends. Then, the RAW is WAR video begins to play and when it ends, it cuts to the arena as fireworks go off and JR and The King are heard talking.

JR: Welcome folks and we're LIVE from the sold out American Airlines Arena and King, everybody is STILL stunned from the return of Cactus Jack last week on RAW is WAR!

King: It was quite stunning, JR, but I can't think much of it because it may have been big, but he was STILL destroyed by the end of the night, just like Mankind would have been.

JR: Well folks, we still don't know what happened when the lights went out last week, but I can say that there WILL be revenge in store for whoever attacked Cactus Jack.

King: Yeah, yeah, JR. That's if Cactus Jack isn't taken out first.

JR: Well, Cactus Jack IS scheduled to be here tonight, but he's not scheduled for a match, so hopefully we'll hear from Cactus himself tonight.

"HELLOOOO LADIESSSS" kicks up over the loudspeaker.

JR: Well King, seems like we're going to get right into things, and here comes Val Venis who will go one on one with his FORMER tag team partner, The Godfather.

King: Did you see his NEW tag team partner last night on Heat, JR? Hugh Johnson.. I love it.

JR: Yeah, I saw him, King. It was.. interesting to say the least.

Val Venis and Hugh Johnson are out on the ramp, both wearing towels and no shirts. They walk down the ramp and slide into the ring. They both stand in the middle of the ring doing their seductive taunt then rip their towels off and toss them into the crowd. (NOTE- Johnson's "bulge" from Heat seems to be gone, seems like the networks didn't like it so much) Johnson climbs out of the ring and stands outside the ring as "Pimpin Ain't Easy" kicks up over the loudspeaker. The crowd goes nuts as The Godfather and Goldust walk out onto the ramp but then turn into a soar of boos. The Godfather looks around and smiles as he and Goldust both spin around and point to the back as 6 hoes walk out. They surround Goldust and Godfather as they walk down the ramp. They reach the ring as Godfather takes off his chain, jacket and hat and hands them to the hoes as Goldust stands with the hoes and Godfather climbs into the ring as the bell rings.

Singles Match

Val Venis vs. The Godfather

This was a decent match, but these two definately worked better as partners than as opponents. Action went back and forth as Johnson kept trying to interfere on Venis' behalf, but Goldust kept stopping him. Johnson finally got up onto the apron but Goldust got behind him and smacked him with his golden cane. Venis gets distracted seeing his partner fall and Godfather grabs him from behind, spins him around and hits him with a Pimp Drop for the inevitable three count.

Winner via pinfall, The Godfather!

Godfather stands up as Goldust climbs onto the apron and opens up the ropes for the hoes to get into the ring. They all dance in the ring as Johnson gets up on the outside. He grabs Goldust's golden cane and slides into the ring behind Goldust and Godfather. He hits Goldust with the cane, but Godfather notices right away as Goldust falls and he spins around and catches the cane as Johnson swings it at him and pulls it away then hits Johnson with a low blow with the cane. Johnson crashes to the mat in pain as Godfather helps Goldust up and we cut to a commercial.

OR: 77%

MQ: 75%

Booker Notes: **1/2, decent match but these two DEFINATELY had better chemistry as partners than they do as opponents.

As we come back from commercial, we cut straight to Shawn Michaels sitting in his office with his feet propped up on the desk and his arms behind his head. He has his cowboy hat on and a Degeneration X T-shirt. He smiles as he begins to speak.

Shawn Michaels: Welcome ladies and gentlemen to MY world. Now here tonight, I have some important business to take care of. First of all, last week you all witnessed the return of the legendary Cactus Jack. Now I have to say, welcome back Cactus. It's great to see the TRUE hardcore legend back. Now as far as the REAL business goes, I'm here tonight to announce not one but TWO matches for No Way Out. First of all, last week on RAW, X-pac defended his European championship against newcomer, Steven Regal. Now X-pac won by Disqualification, but after the match, Regal attacked X-pac and sent him to the hospital. Now X-pac is looking for revenge and I'm going to give him the chance. At No Way Out, we're going to have X-pac and Steven Regal one on one with NO Disqualification for the European championship! But that's not all. Oh no, not at ALL. After what happened in last week's main event, Stone Cold Steve Austin and Cactus Jack have some unfinished business with The Undertaker and The Rock. So at No Way Out, we're going to have a little tag team match as the Main Event. The Undertaker teaming with The Rock to take on the number one contendor for The Rock's championship, Stone Cold Steve Austin and the Hardcore Legend himself, Cactus Jack! (Crowd in the arena goes nuts) Thank you all for this time and have a good night.

Michaels tips his hat and smiles as we cut to the ring.

Booker Notes: 94%, very good segment which the crowd loved due to the announcement of two matches for No Way Out.

JR: What an announcement, King. Two HUGE matches added to No Way Out with just 3 weeks to go.

King: But think about it, JR. Who's to say that the same person that attacked Cactus Jack last week won't be involved at No Way Out?

JR: Very good point, King. Wow, seems like you're starting to realize things.

King: Hey, I try.

The Brood music kicks up over the loudspeaker as the crowd goes into a soar of boos. The lights cut out and red lights flash around the stage as Edge and Christian make their way out onto the ramp. They taunt on the ramp before walking down and sliding into the ring. They get on opposite turnbuckles and Christian flashes his Hardcore title, then they jump down. Terry Funk's music kicks up over the loudspeaker as he makes his way out onto the ramp. He keeps looking behind him and he doesn't look too happy as he walks down the ramp.

King: Well, JR, it doesn't look like Terry Funk has found himself a partner, I guess he has to go into this match alone.

Funk continues down the ramp and stops at the bottom. He looks behind him one last time then walks towards the ring and is about to slide in when a guitar is heard playing over the loudspeaker. The crowd goes NUTS as Cactus Jack makes his way out onto the ramp.

Road Agent Notes: Mankind lost 2 points of overness from this segment.

Booker Notes: 76%, the crowd popped HUGE for Cactus Jack, but I guess the fact that he went from being in the main event last week to being put in the middle of a minor feud that made the fans look at him a bit less.

Cactus Jack does his bang bang taunts on the top of the ramp as Funk cracks a smile on the bottom of the ramp. Edge and Christian are shocked in the ring as Jack makes his way down the ramp. He and Funk stare at each other then Jack grabs him and hugs him to a huge pop before he climbs onto the apron and Funk slides into the ring as the bell rings.

Tag Team Match

Edge and Christian vs. Terry Funk and Cactus Jack

Funk started off the match with Christian and action went back and forth until Funk tagged Cactus Jack in. Cactus Jack dominated quickly and ended up hitting Christian with a Double Arm DDT, but Jack decided to tag in Funk to let him pick up the win. Jack gets onto the apron as Funk picks Christian up. Edge distracts the referee as Christian swings his arm up and hits Funk with a low blow, then hits him with an Impaler. Cactus Jack tries to get in the ring, but by this point Edge is behind him grabbing his leg. Cactus kicks Edge a few times, but by the time he gets Edge off his foot, the 3 count is already done and Christian stole the win.

Winners via pinfall, Edge and Christian!

Cactus gets into the ring as all of a sudden the lights cut out again. After about 10 seconds of the lights being out, JR is heard.

JR: Folks, we don't know what's going on, the lights are out and we're TRYING to get them back on, but we have to go to a commercial, we'll be right back!

CR: 83%

Booker Notes: ***1/2, pretty good match but the aftermath of the match left fans wondering.

As we come back from commercial, JR is heard talking in a very low and seemingly upset voice.

JR: Folks, I honestly don't even know what to say right now, but what we saw during the break was just SHOCKING to say the least.

King: I guess all we can do is show the footage, JR. Let's take a look.

The camera gets dark as "During the Break" is shown in the bottom left corner of the screen. All of a sudden the lights turn back on and Cactus Jack is laid out in the center of the ring. He has a huge gash in his forehead as blood is all over the mat. EMTs immediately charge the ring and begin loading him onto a stretcher. Then, we cut back to regular time as the EMTs are rushing Cactus Jack towards an ambulance as Triple H runs towards them.

Triple H: I don't know what the (beep) is going on here, but Chyna just got laid out. You better get somebody over there to help her, I have some business to take care of!

The camera shows down the hallway as Chyna is shown laid out on the ground with a chair next to her as a few EMTs rush towards the ambulance and pull out another stretcher as we cut to the ring.

Road Agent Notes: Chyna lost 2 points of overness from this segment.

Booker Notes: 67%, two people getting laid out in a row really put it on Chyna as Cactus Jack is a much bigger story than Chyna.

Degeneration X's music kicks up over the loudspeaker as the crowd goes nuts. Triple H storms out onto the ramp and storms right to the ring. He walks over by the announce table and pushes the announcer out of the way and grabs his mic. He climbs into the ring and starts talking.

Triple H: KANE!! I'm tired of this (beep). You messed with the WRONG person. You think because you have VINCE MCMAHON behind you that I won't get to you? You made a mistake, Kane. And you're going to PAY. At No Way Out, it's going to be ME and YOU one on ONE, Kane. And Kane, you're not going to be able to hide. I'm going to DESTROY you within an inch of your life. I will TAKE your life if I have to, Kane. And to MAKE SURE I can do what I want to do, as long as Chyna is able to make it to that ring, she's going to be the special guest referee for that match. I'm taking you OUT, Kane. Whether you like it or not.. I'm taking.. you.. OUT!!!!!

Triple H throws the mic as we cut to a commercial.

Booker Notes: 82%, Triple H has had MUCH better promos, but this was straight out of anger and I personally think he did pretty well.

As we come back from commercial, "X-PAAAAAAAAAAAAC" kicks up over the loudspeaker as the crowd goes nuts. X-pac makes his way out onto the ramp with his European championship. He does the Suck it taunt on the top of the stage. He makes his way to the ring and slides in. He hands the referee his belt and walks over to HHH. He talks to him and taps him on the shoulder as HHH shrugs him off and stares at the entryway. The old English music kicks up over the loudspeaker as Steven Regal makes his way out onto the ramp with his British flag. He waves it in the air then spits on the ground as he walks down the ramp. He leans his flag against the barrier outside the ring and climbs up into the ring. Then, an explosion goes off on the ramp as Kane's music kicks up. Triple H tries to push himself through the ring, but X-pac holds him back. Kane makes his way out onto the ramp. He fixes his glove on the top of the ramp, then walks down and when he reaches the ring, he climbs onto the apron. Regal is in the ring as X-pac stays in the ring and Triple H reluctantly gets to his apron as the bell is rung.

Tag Team Match

Triple H and X-pac vs. Steven Regal and Kane

X-pac and Regal start the match off as X-pac begins to get revenge on Regal. X-pac takes the advantage, but Regal ends up hitting X-pac with a German Suplex then tags in Kane. Kane gets in the ring and stands over X-pac as he gets up. Triple H stretches his arm out for X-pac. X-pac starts to move towards Triple H as Kane stands there watching him. Just as X-pac is about to tag in Triple H, Kane grabs his hair from behind and pulls him back. He starts hitting X-pac with rights and lefts and ends up hitting him with a chokeslam. Triple H starts flipping out and ends up climbing into the ring and going after Kane. He hits Kane with a few rights and lefts. The referee tries to pull him off, but Triple H spins around and clocks the referee hard, knocking him down. With the couple of seconds he had, Kane takes the advantage and grabs Triple H's throat. He hits him with a Chokeslam then kicks him out of the ring. Kane tags in Regal, then climbs out of the ring and continues beating on Triple H. X-pac slowly gets up in the ring, but Regal grabs him and hits him with a Brainbuster, then locks in the Regal Stretch for the Submission victory.

Winners via Submission, Steven Regal and Kane!

Kane continues beating on Triple H outside the ring as Regal keeps the Regal Stretch locked on inside the ring. Referees and road agents charge down the ramp to stop Kane and Regal. Regal easily gives up this time and releases X-pac, but it takes about 10 guys to stop Kane as we cut to a commercial.

CR: 85%

MQ: 85%

Booker Notes: ***1/4, pretty good match, but being that Triple H never even got a chance to get into the ring it could've been much better.

As we come back from commercial, X-pac and Triple H are sitting in their locker room in pain as The New Age Outlaws storm in.

Billy Gunn: Pac.. Hunter.. we're SO sorry we didn't get out there to help you. We were just in the locker room getting ready for our match up next and didn't even REALIZE what was going on in the ring.

HHH: Don't even worry about it, Billy, you got yourselves a match to win so you can take those titles at No Way Out.. so get to it.

Billy smiles as he shakes both mens' hands as Road Dogg does the same before they walk off and the camera cuts to the ring where "Live for the Moment" kicks up over the loudspeaker. The Hardy Boyz make their way out onto the ramp to a decent pop. They do their gun taunts on the ramp, then charge the ring and slide in. They jump on opposite turnbuckles and do their gun taunts again before jumping down as "OHHHHH YOU DIDN'T KNOWWWWW.. YOUR ASS BETTA CALL SOMEBODYYYYYY" kicks up over the loudspeaker as the New Age Outlaws walk out and Road Dogg is on the mic to his theme song. Road Dogg shakes his knees as Gunn turns around and points to his ass as Road Dogg stops and raises the mic back to his mouth.

Road Dogg: Whoa whoa whoa, cut the music. Laaaaadies and gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages, Degeneration X proudly brings to you the soon to be WWF Tag team champions of the woooooooooooooooooooolrd... The Road Dogg Jesse James, The Bad Ass Billy Gunn... the NEW.. AGE.. OUTLAAAAAWS!!!

The crowd goes nuts as Road Dogg passes the mic over to Billy Gunn.

Billy Gunn: And if you ain't down with Degeneration X and the New Age Outlaws.. we got two wooooooooooooooooooooords for ya...

Crowd: SUCK ITT!!!

The crowd goes nuts as Gunn drops the mic and the New Age Outlaws charge to the ring as the bell rings.

#1 Contendors for the Tag Team titles

The New Age Outlaws (Billy Gunn and Road Dogg) vs. The Hardy Boyz (Matt and Jeff)

Both teams made this a very good match. The Hardy Boyz flew around the ring and the New Age Outlaws kept them down. Both teams worked VERY well together showing why they're both high contendors for the tag team titles. Billy Gunn almost hits Jeff with a Fameasser to finish him off, but Jeff reverses it, hits Gunn with a Twist of Fate and climbs up to the top turnbuckle. Road Dogg gets in the ring, but Matt gets in and dropkicks Road Dogg over the top rope. Jeff flies off with a Swanton Bomb on Billy Gunn for the 3 count.

Your Winners via Pinfall and the #1 contendors for the WWF tag team titels, The Hardy Boyz!

The Hardyz get up and the crowd is giving them a decent pop. They both get on turnbuckles and celebrate as Billy Gunn rolls out of the ring. He walks over to Road Dogg and they stare in at the Hardy Boyz as they celebrate. The Hardy Boyz jump down and stare out at the New Age Outlaws as we cut to a commercial.

CR: 67%

Road Agent Notes: Billy Gunn lost 1 point of overness from this match. Road Dogg lost 1 point of overness from this match. Matt Hardy gained 2 points of overness from this match. Jeff Hardy gained 2 points of overness from this match.

Booker Notes: ****1/2, this was an amazing match in the ring. And even though it stuck the New Age Outlaws down a notch, it really got the Hardy Boyz over as legitimate challengers to the tag team titles.

We come back from commercial to JR and The King talking.

JR: Well King, we have new number one contendors and I have to say, even though the New Age Outlaws lost, it seemed as if they had at least a little respect for the Hardy Boyz after that match.

King: It was an amazing match, JR, but the New Age Outlaws and RESPECT? I don't know about that..

JR: It's possible, King.

As JR finishes, the camera cuts to the backstage area where D'lo Brown is getting ready as Kurt Angle walks into his locker room.

Kurt Angle: How's it going, D'lo.. Kurt Angle, Olympic champion, nice to officially meet you... now I know we haven't had time to meet, but I know you have talent and of COURSE I have talent, so we need to go out there and take Canadian Country out and win us some gold! Good luck man, we gotta give it our best.

Kurt Angle shakes D'lo's hand before D'lo can even open his mouth and walks out of the locker room.

D'lo: Well damn.. the man didn't even give me a chance to talk.

D'lo shakes his head in shame as he gets up and walks out of the locker room as the camera cuts to the ring.

Booker Notes: 74%, not such a great segment, but decent considering it was just Angle spewing on for a minute and walking off.

A guitar riff is heard over the loudspeaker as Canadian Country's music starts to play. They make their way out onto the ramp with Debra between them. Jarrett is carrying his guitar and he raises it up as they walk down the ramp. Chants of "Nugget" are heard as Owen ignores them as they make their way to the ring. Debra stays on the outside with Jarrett's guitar as Jarrett and Owen climb in the ring. Owen goes to the apron as Jarrett waits and "Real American" kicks up over the loudspeaker. The crowd goes nuts as Kurt Angle makes his way out onto the ramp. He taunts the crowd and kisses his medals, then walks down the ramp. He waits at the bottom of the ramp as "You lookin at the REAL DEAL now" kicks up over the loudspeaker as the crowd gives D'lo a pretty good pop. He makes his way out onto the ramp and shakes his head around while looking at both sides of the stage. He walks down the ramp and reaches Kurt Angle. He nods to Angle as he walks over and climbs onto the apron and climbs into the ring as Angle gets up onto the apron as the bell rings.

WWF Tag Team ChampionshipMatch

Canadian Country (Jeff Jarrett and Owen Hart) © vs. Kurt Angle and D'lo Brown

The big story of this match was the mini-feud between Kurt Angle and Owen Hart. All four men used this chance to show off their skills as all four men are very talented. Action went back and forth until Ken Shamrock made his presence known and pulls Angle off the apron. He hits him with a body to body suplex, then locks him in the Ankle Lock outside the ring. This leaves D'lo all alone as Canadian Country takes him out and Owen defeats him with a Sharpshooter.

Winners and STILL WWF tag team champions, Canadian Country!

After the match, Owen gets up and calls for Shamrock to let Angle in the ring. Shamrock starts pulling Angle towards the ring as The Hardy Boyz charge down the ramp. Owen seems ready for them as they run up and grab Shamrock and hit him with a double Twist of Fate. Owen sees this and backs off and slides out of the ring. He grabs Debra as Jarrett comes after them and runs up the ramp as the Hardy Boyz slide into the ring as the camera cuts to a commercial.

Road Agent Notes: The WWF Tag Team titles have gained in image.

Booker Notes: ***1/4, pretty good match, but it was ruined by Ken Shamrock as Angle didn't get much time in the ring.

After the commercial, we are shown a video showcasing the Steve Austin/Rock feud as the ring is obviously being setup for the contract signing. As the video ends, we cut to the ring where there is a lawyer standing in the ring with a table in front of him and a contract and pen on the table. "IF YA SMELLLLLLLLL WHAT THE ROCK... IS COOKIN" hits up over the loudspeaker as the crowd goes into a soar of boos. The Rock walks out onto the ramp in one of his $500 shirts and sunglasses on and his WWF World title belt over his shoulder. He makes his way down the ramp and walks up the stairs as the lawyer opens the ropes for The Rock to step through. The Rock gets into the ring and climbs on the nearest turnbuckle and raises his title belt up and gives the Corporate Eyebrow before climbing down and waiting in the ring as glass is heard shattering. Steve Austin's music plays over the loudspeaker as the crowd goes nuts. Austin makes his way out onto the ramp in an Austin 3:16 shirt and jean shorts. He walks down the ramp and slides into the ring. He flicks The Rock off then climbs on the turnbuckle and flicks up his middle fingers. He does it on all four turnbuckles, then stops and stands across the table from The Rock. The WWF World title belt is in the hands of the Lawyer before he begins to speak.

Lawyer: Welcome Steve, welcome Rocky, I have been sent out here tonight on behalf of Vince McMahon in order to make sure both of you know the terms of this contract. This contract basically states that at Wrestlemania XV, the World Wrestling Federation championship in my hands WILL be on the line in a singles match between The Rock and Stone Cold Steve Austin! (The crowd pops) Now due to these terms, if the Rock DOES so happen to lose his WWF World Heavyweight championship before Wrestlemania, this contract is null and void as The Rock will get his rematch at Wrestlemania instead. On the other side, the #1 contendorship for Wrestlemania may NOT be put up for grabs in any type of matchup under any circumstances. Now as long as you two agree to these terms, all you need to do is sign this contract and your match will be official.

The Rock grabs the pen and signs the paper first. Austin stares at Rock the whole time as he grabs the pen from The Rock and quickly signs and as soon as he puts the pen down, the lawyer smacks Austin in the head with the WWF World title belt to loud boos as The Rock runs forward and grabs Austin, dropping him with a Rockbottom. The Rock kicks the table out of the way and sets Austin up in the center of the ring. He kicks in Austin's arms as he rolls up his sleeves and runs to one side of the ring, runs to the other, and drops the Corporate Elbow on Austin. The Rock stands over Austin holding the WWF World title belt and points to himself then points to the contract as the show ends.

Booker Notes: 98%, amazing segment which the crowd was really into. Big swerve with the lawyer ending up being the one that takes the first shot on Austin.

7.35 rating (83%)

Edited by TheBookerMan69