Kimbo Slice vs. Tank Abbott

Vendetta

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kimbo is never getting KO'd in his MMA career. He took bare hand punches in previous fights shown online and he never even got knocked down. Yeah, he may get knocked down in MMA, but not knocked out. Only way I can see him losing if someone who has strength like a Brock Lesnar who can take him to the mat, but then submit him and not ground pound him.
Edited by Enter Blue Guy

I pity the fool who is confident that Kimbo could knock Lesnar out! Neither of them have been tested against top-quality MMA competition, but I would wager dollars to pastries that Lesnar has a much better ground game! I ain't sayin' that Lesnar's a 100% guranteed winner, but it sure ain't 100% the other way!

If Brock would have chilled the fuck out for a second, he would have had complete side control and could have pounded Frank into the mat. It even looked like he could have full mounted Frank if he knew what he was doing, instead chose to hammerfist recklessly. No way was Mir going to get out from under there and he was in serious trouble before the foul.

If somehow they ever ended up fighting, Brock would shoot a mega double leg, and unless Kimbo can catch him with something gwell timed, Brock is going spear him through canvas and pummel his remains.

Internet MMA fans dismiss Brock because he's a ex pro-wrestling meathead with little MMA experience. Brock with his superior wrestling, super strength, and with hopefully improving stand up and BJJ (sub defense especially), he could definitely be a force in MMA just by taking opponents down, keeping them on there backs, pounded them, and hopefully avoid any sub attempts (easier said then done, obviously). He's working with Sean Sherk, which is perfect for him, because his success will come by way of becoming the heavyweight Sean Sherk. Not that Brock can do it overnight or anything... That's just what he needs to become.

I don't hate Kimbo, but he's beaten three guys that by no means make him any more of a legit MMA threat than he did before. Working with Bas Rutten is huge and it seems like Bas is quite high on him. It doesn't hurt that Bas is probably making a nice chunk of change off of Kimbo either. Still, Kimbo hasn't even been tested on anything but fighting dudes with sloppy boxing. It'll be interesting when he'll be given somebody that won't stand to toe to toe and slug it out with him. I'm not sold on Kimbo being anything more than a solid draw for MMA yet.

For the sake of comparing, I can see Brock being much more of a relevant presence in MMA in the future than Kimbo ever will be, if Brock sticks to it that is.