• Martin Tyler (Sky)
    • Clive Tyldsley (ITV)
    • Jon Champion (ITV, Setanta)
    • Ian Crocker (Sky)
    • Ian Darke (Sky)
    • Jonathan Pearce (BBC)
    • Peter Drury (ITV)
    • Other (Specify)

So these are the "top" commentators who cover PL/Champions League games off the top of my head on the main football channels in the UK.

Who's your favourite?

I personally think Ian Darke is great. He shows great emotion when commentating...almost as if he's at MSG commentating on boxing.

-Motson can piss off as far as I'm concerned. The sooner he leaves the BBC, the better.

-Tyler is a good commentator, and I don't mind him on Sky, although I do prefer Darke which is why I've chosen him. :shifty:

-Tyldsley = Amazing. A great ITV commentator, and like Darke gets right into the match.

-Champion is good. Prefer him these days because of his commentary on PES2008. :rolleyes:

The don't really make me want to comment on them.

Laurenson is awful. I don't even care if I've spelled his name right, he's that bad.

I like how Pierce went from oh-god-I-can't-stand-hist-stupid-Robot-Wars-delivery to actually fairly decent, dunno if I'd call him a favourite though. I used to like Barry Davies, but he doesn't do much football (is he retired now?). I remember when he did the commentary for Actua Soccer 2, quality.

I'm not terribly familiar with the oithers on the list, but as long as Martin Tyler doesn't win, I'm happy. He and Andy Gray are appalling. And worse that you have to hear them on FIFA too <_<

David Pleat.

His mispronunciation of even the most basic of names is brilliant.

And I hate Mark Lawrenson. He just points out the blatantly obvious.