The Colour Of Magic & The Light Fantastic

PkmnTrainerJ

So, Sky is doing the first two Terry Pratchett Discworld books, The Colour Of Magic (yes it has a U in, it's British literature) and The Light Fantastic. The Colour Of Magic is one Sky One on 23rd March in the UK, but not sure about US scheduling as I think it took you guys a while to get Hogfather.

I think this will actually be a good adaption as Pratchett is still supervising everything. Have to wait and see come 23rd.

More info here - http://www1.sky.com/colourofmagic/index.html

Any Pratchett fans out there on EWB or just me?

I'm a big Pratchett fan...I haven't read anything he's written since Monstrous Regiment, as I feel he kind of lost his way, and I think I've kind of outgrown the Discworld series in many ways, but I still find it entertaining, and he was the author who got me into reading as much as I do now, so I'll always have a soft spot for him.

I'm not sure about Colour Of Magic, though, it's one of my least favourite books in the series, because Pratchett hadn't really stumbled on what made Discworld great yet, and as such its really not a good indication of what the series is all about...it exists as more of a Tolkein parody than as an important part of the series, in my opinion, as most of the concepts, places and people introduced in it are completely ignored and never mentioned again in the series, and stylistically it's nothing like what the series would become. However, with Pratchett over-seeing, perhaps we could see it adapted a little to fit in to the series a little more.

What Skummy said is really close to how I feel about it, albeit I can understand why considering he's got Alzheimers. I liked the adaptation of the Hogfather, though it's one of my least favourite books in the series, along with this one for pretty much the same reasons, but anything that gets more interest in the series is a big plus for me.