MLB 2k8

Hajjhowe

I got so pissed off at the game that I tipped over my 360, scratching the disc in the process. I was throwing perfect pitches that wouldn't go anywhere near where I had the ball (and yes, I had pinpoint on so it wasn't the break of the ball) and they guys would usually hit them out of the park or I'd be aiming for the bottom corner away and it would come in at their hands.

The game is pure hit and miss this year. Some of the gameplay improvements, the pitching for sure, are a lot of fun. Others, like fielding, are a good effort but come up short and take away from the game. The two big problems I have with the game this year are the framerate issues and the brutal lag when playing online! If the lag gets fixed it will increase the game quality substantially.

If you have a PS3 you must go with The Show: 08. It's a much better game. If you're stuck with a 360 MLB 2K8 could be worse but it could be better too.

The rosters are updated as of 2-29-08 if you download the update.

I got the game today, and it's actually quite fun, even better than the demo. The technical issues are there, but they don't completely ruin the game for me. 2k is working on a patch anyway.

No freezing problems (though I had those last year, before I got to the game, during the intro at the stadium).

How do you switch to a different pitching format? And does that affect how you throw to the bases as well?

**Never mind, figured it out. Who is using the new controls for the right stick as opposed to the old controls?

Edited by CQI13

If I'm just playing exhibition, I play on Rookie and use the stick for everything, but I'm just not good enough yet with it to not get blown out on Pro, so when I play my franchise I stick with the old controls.

In my franchise, I just had an epic game. I hit a solo shot in the 4th inning with Adam Kennedy (I'm the Cards) and they hit a solo shot the next inning. From there, we went scoreless until the 18th inning, when my SS hit a solo shot then Pujols hit a two run shot, followed up with Glaus knocking in Duncan, so I had a 4 run inning after going scoreless for 12 straight. It was brutal.

• 2 weeks later...

This is not really anything to do with the game but...why is Pitchfork doing the soundtrack? I mean, I love stuff like Battles but...I'm sure you guys are finding that it doesn't really go with baseball quite that well.

• 4 weeks later...

You can set it all back to classic one button, or last years swing stick. Its the same as it always is, solid game, it doesn't flow as well this year, but ithat isn't enough to ruin the experience. Seems like home runs don't come as easy this year either. I'm using classic one button pitching, but the analog stick pitching has gotten alot of praise and was pretty fun when I tried it out.

I'm doing a Mariners franchise and I just had my first No Hitter in any baseball game ever, and it happened to take 10 innings to finish it off, did it with Pedro.

Hmm upon further review, that was a 10 inning Perfect Game, as no one reached first.

Edited by Maxx

I don't like the classic one button anymore. If I can do last year's swing stick then I should be fine with it. I had a no-hitter in Triple Play '98 with I believe Steve Sparks (maybe Candiotti.....it was one of the knuckleballers).....haven't had one since in a video game.