Photo of Niagra Falls during Winter

Photography wise, nothing special of a photo, but in my eyes, it feels like a great shot, and I'd like to share it with you guys.

Heres a shot of Niagra Falls, the day of the HUGE storm that hit, and yet, no snows in the air on the photo while I was standing in a near whiteout. It turned out nicely once I got it home and uploaded.

thefallslx6.th.jpg

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/20/thefallslx6.jpg

EDIT: I'd say click the link instead of the thumbnail, as you'll see just the picture instead of imageshack too.

Edited by Closed and Moved to Archives

Man, you need to take that photo into photoshop. it's a lovely shot, but it's just a big gray blob as is, all I've done so far is auto levels and it looks honest to god a hundred thousand times better already.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

It's hard to get a bad shot of Niagara Falls, especially during winter, but yours is pretty good. Definitely agree that it looks better with the auto-levels, and obviously it would have helped had it been a clearer day.

After some mucking around of my own in photoshop, this is what I've came up with. Realllllllly wishing I had a better camera now, haha.

EDIT: Oops, forgot the pic. :P

thefallseditedmu5.th.jpg

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/3915/thefallseditedmu5.jpg

EDIT 2: Seems to have miniaturized. Shitty.

EDIT 3: And it's kinda creepy that ImageShack can tell what camera I used.

Edited by Closed and Moved to Archives

After some mucking around of my own in photoshop, this is what I've came up with. Realllllllly wishing I had a better camera now, haha.

thefallseditedmu5.th.jpg

Photobucket does that too. Not that creepy :P

thefallseditedmu5.th.jpg

Photobucket does that too. Not that creepy :P

• 2 weeks later...

My father and I made the drive up to Buffalo for a weekend in early September (I remember because it was for the Bills opener), and I went to the Falls for the first time. It was a bit strange, because there was all this mist surrounding the area to the point where you couldn't see the bottom of the waterfall, where the water fell to, that is...it took away from the sight a bit. My father remarked he didn't remember it being that way, and that picture is a much clearer view.

Any idea why it was different when I went?

My father and I made the drive up to Buffalo for a weekend in early September (I remember because it was for the Bills opener), and I went to the Falls for the first time. It was a bit strange, because there was all this mist surrounding the area to the point where you couldn't see the bottom of the waterfall, where the water fell to, that is...it took away from the sight a bit. My father remarked he didn't remember it being that way, and that picture is a much clearer view.

Any idea why it was different when I went?

States side of the falls, Canada's got the best view. :w00t: