Freeware political sims

buck...

Guest Mr. Potato Head

More along the lines of 'international relations' than 'get elected President', but Shadow President has a loyal followng here. You should be able to find it on HOTU or Abandonia. :)

Clearly I was misled by this line at the end of the Abandonia entry:

Shadow President is a DOS game, but it does not run properly in Dosbox. Fortunately, it works fine in Windows.

...But I'll give it a try anyway.

Edit: Okay, now I need to figure out how Dosbox works as well. This has merely doubled my problems! :@

Edited by stokeriño

On the version that I downloaded I had to answer a question before I could play it. It wanted to know who said this:

"Nonviolence is a powerful and just weapon. which cuts without wounding and ennobles the man who wields it."

Good old google.

Edited by BC

Okay, I've got the game running...I think.

We shall see how it goes. >_>

Also: is it worrying that for the first three times that I tried (unsuccessfully - the 4th time it worked) to load the game, I knew the author of the given quote without having to look it up?

Edited by stokeriño

On the version that I downloaded I had to answer a question before I could play it. It wanted to know who said this:

"Nonviolence is a powerful and just weapon. which cuts without wounding and ennobles the man who wields it."

Good old google.

Once I had an immense game where I took over the whole of North and Central America and I think I managed to work my way down to Colombia before the public got a little unhappy with me.

In another game I played until like 1996 but ultimately got bored by the lack of anything happening and decided to invade North Korea, I think. Ended up going to war with the Soviets which was a bad idea.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Sorry I wasn't online to give you guys tech support. :shifty:

With XP, the game seems to run best through DOSbox (at least, that's what I've found on my computer.)