Old Games That Hold Up Well, And Old Games That Hold Up Not So Well

Renegade

That sounds flat-out wrong. Unless of course you're talking about strictly the original. six of the "basic unit" in AOK (what's the basic unit btw? this isnt c&c) sounds like a good way to waste several hundred resources.

I only ever played AOE2 and the expansion for it, but that's pretty much how every custom game could end if I didn't choose to just not actually end it that early. And by "basic unit" I mean the first unit you can build. I think it was just guys with clubs.

Villagers?

AOE is a timeless point of reference between me and my brother. Nary a day goes by when we're together and one of us doesn't say the word "roggan" or "ready-mon" or whatever the fuck those villagers actually say. "Bulden".

Earthbound is the only RPG that I've ever been able to replay on a regular basis, just because of the world that was constructed inside of it. I can't really lose myself in the Final Fantasy worlds the way that other people can, but Eagleland? Fuck yeah.

I think the character design in that game is so unique and creative, and for such a great RPG it isn't horribly complicated.

final Fantasy 2 for the SNES has held up great for me..can't reemmber its actual number though..

oh yea..and no car combat game canever touch the greatness that is RC Pro Am