EWB Pokémon League

Benji

I'm looking to start a Pokémon League via the DS and Pokémon (sorry those without, but if you don't have the game, get it, if you don't even have a DS, do it already, it's the best console out there), if you have both, you can enter, in order to keep things even we'll be doing 'themed weeks' for people to battle over and you'll be able to organise your own bouts, much like the Pop Prom, as well as be involved in regular matches if you can't be bothered. For themes I was thinking of the first one being "3 on 3: Lv15 Sinnoh Pokémon" so people who only just got the game can instantly raise a team for the game, so if you're interested, tell me and I'll add you to sign-ups :)

Points System

Win: 2 Point(s)

Loss: 0 Point(s)

Draw: 1 Point(s)

No-Shows/Debates: See Rules #1 & 2

Attendance Rules

1. No-shows after being informed/organising an agreed to battle will be penalised by 2 points.

1a. Clearly intentionally turning off your connection during a battle will result in an automatic loss, and a 'no-show'.

2. If a debate arises and lies about who won comes up, both individuals will be penalised by 5 points.

3. Cheating will not be tolerated, no gamesharked moves or putting overlevelled Pokémon into a set level match, if cheating is discovered you will be penalised an to be determined amount of points (depending on the offence) and potentially blacklisted from playing.

Battle Rules

Breaking any of these rules will result in one point reduced from your total per infraction...

1. Sleep/Freeze Clause: No two Pokémon on a team can be frozen or sent to sleep (but you can have one sleeping and one frozen).

2. One Hit-KO's: Moves like Fissure, Horn Drill and the such are banned.

Selection Rules

The following Pokémon are banned unless otherwise organised/stated and intentional use of them otherwise will result in automatic loss...

Mewtwo

Mew

Ho-oh

Lugia

Latias

Latios

Kyogre

Groudon

Rayquaza

Deoxys (all forms)

Dialga

Palkia

Giratina

Darkrai

Arceus

Manaphy

Wobbuffet

The rules may be edited at any time, check back regularly. I'll be adding tutorials over time so if you don't know how to connect but still want to play then feel free to sign up and I'll help you through it before we start.

Entrants

actionpad

Benji

Dont Fear The Reaper (Potentially)

Ellis

J

Kwanzabot

Plubby (Potentially)

tiarnantman

Guest tiarnantman

I'd enter, but I started a new game in Diamond a few weeks ago and haven't picked it up since. :( Oh well...

EDIT: Upon more thorough reading, perhaps I will enter, and see if I can match the themes.

Edited by tiarnantman

Got my squad almost prepared, just need to level each one up five more levels. I have quite a nice blend of Pokémon and moves too, and as I like to consider myself a good to great breeder on Pokémon you should be ready for some unexpected moves.

Curse the wretched nature of mechanical creations to break. I needs a dongle. :crying:

Why do you not have wireless internet already? You upside down nation!

I intend to get it sometime within the next year, just can't afford it now.

Got my squad almost prepared, just need to level each one up five more levels. I have quite a nice blend of Pokémon and moves too, and as I like to consider myself a good to great breeder on Pokémon you should be ready for some unexpected moves.

And this is why I do not particually care for this event.

EWB Pokémon League: Week One

1st April 2008 to 7th April 2008

This weeks rules...

- 4-on-4 Battle

- Only Pokémon Level 15 or lower

- Only Pokémon introduced during Generation IV may be used

- Only naturally learned moves may be used (IE: Only those learned by levelling up)

Current Organised Battles

N/A

Feel free to open up challenges, people ARE allowed to fight battles different from the rules set if it's agreed on by both parties, but only one match will be counted towards the league total :)

Benj says no rules on Items.

Gonna have to redo some of my Piplup's moves now though...

Five more levels with most and I should be done.

EDIT: Also, how about moves such as Magical Leaf on Mr. Mime/Togetic for example as they do learn the moves, but at level 0 (i.e. It needs to be Heart Scaled in)

Edited by Geeky J