The Ultimate Fighter 7

Krone

200px-Ultimatefighter.jpg

The Ultimate Fighter: Team Rampage vs. Team Forrest is the seventh season of the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) produced reality television series The Ultimate Fighter, scheduled to premiere on April 2, 2008 on Spike TV, after UFC Fight Night 13. This season features only Middleweight fighters (171-185 lb).

UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Quinton Jackson will star as a coach, opposite of Light heavyweight #1 contender Forrest Griffin, who will coach the opposing team. Both fighters are scheduled to fight for the UFC light heavyweight title after the completion of the series.

Dana White has teased in media appearances that there are "big changes in store" for the new season. MMAJunkie.com reports that in this season, there are 32 fighters in the tournament, with the winners of the first round being invited to stay at the house in Las Vegas. The first episodes will concentrate on the first round of the tournament.

And so it has begun tonight.

That was a great Knockout! i wondering did it break his jaw? m and my brother were arguing about that.

I didn't like the chopped results either wish they would have done each fight in full.

man Mississippi just has no luck. the guy had heart though. It's good to see a Mississippian on another show besides the nightly news though lol

I'd call that an Unemployment Punch...the kind of punch that makes you think it's a good idea to go to the unemployment office and find a different job.

And yeah, I'd swear I heard someone say that his jaw was broken.

So, tonight, the show "officially" begins with us actually getting in the house and all. I wonder who is getting kicked off and what for. I heard something about someone on the show having a skin condition so that may be whoever it is and why they are getting kicked off.

• 2 weeks later...

In the Preview for the Wednesday's fight Forrest was up on the cage yelling at the ref bout cheating or something. Is it me or was it not shown in the episode or am I blind ?

I'm glad Riddel got beat . I mean sure its cool that you broke a guys jaw in 2 parts but theres a point when you have to shut ya trap.

Right, I'm caught up to Episode 5 now so it's all good.

Thoughts so far; well - the prelims were fine, I had no problem with a few of them being chopped up as usually they were the boring matches and kept the good matches in full. I disliked Jesse Taylor and Matthew Riddle at first - and liked Jeremy May. How quickly that's changed.

Taylor has fast become one of my favourites and I loved Riddle just for how happy he was and lighthearted about it all. Episode 5 was fantastic when Tim said he would buy him an X-Box and Riddle was just like a little kid. Jeremy I liked at first but his little "maybe they took him to the ER" to Quinton about his best friend, and then he backed down very quickly when Rampage took a disliking about it. He's just a little prankster, and the whole "get rid of the posers and pricks" mentality the prelims had didn't work fully because May won his first match.

Boring, boring, boring fight between Dante and Brandon. I was contemplating skipping to the end after a while because it was so dull. I can see Rampage's view that Brandon was always elbowing, I can see Forrest's view that Dante was doing the takedowns and such. I want Forrest to win their matches, but I felt Brandon was hard done by so that probably means he deserved to win it.

Either way if Rampage had won then I hoped he would pick May vs. Brown anyways. If they didn't you'd see they didn't have confidence in May as such, and I'm siding with Amir Sadollah on his prediction of "Matt Brown by murder" because he looks fucking pissed off something rotten with May. Hope he puts him in his place.

Either way, as much as Rampage is hating the fact he's losing. If he has just two people on there good enough to win - they will do. And I think there's a big possibility a CB Dollaway or Gerald Harris could be leaving this thing as the champion. Harris looked impressive in his prelim, CB's bigged up a lot and looks great.

I also like Luke Zachrich but just because he's a fellow Luke. He'll be dicked on soon unless we get Zachrich vs. Schultz II - won't that be fun?

As such I think there's a group who could be UFC fighters from what I've seen, and a group who couldn't be.

CB Dollaway, Gerald Harris, Tim Credeur, Amir Sadollah Jesse Taylor, Matt Brown I could all see fighting in the UFC legitimately. Riddle I think with some more experience, could be there because he's got what it takes.

The others just seem like pretenders to me, with maybe the exception of Dan Cramer, Cale Yarbrough and Nick Klein as I can't really remember them too well so I'll need to maybe reserve my judgement on them lot for now.

Schultz, Dolce, May, Sene, Bradley (for the brief time we saw him), Dante Rivera and Luke Zachrich won't stand a chance. At the minute I'm not too sure with those three I mentioned, Cale I seem to remember doing okay. But if they're not sticking out in my mind as anything special 5 shows in - I'm not sure that bodes well in all.

So at the minute I think I'll be backing Taylor and Brown. But I do like CB Dollaway so I can't wait to see him fight.