Goal Line Blitz

oldskool

Okay, so after having a hell of a time getting the one guy to receive the "you got a GM offer" alert, I had enough time to put together a defensive game plan myself anyway. Let's see how well it works.

This may require some prayer. :shifty:

Prayer worked, we had a great fucking game...comp was shit, but eh.

In other news, our punter appears to not want to log in these days. Anyone got one under Lvl 31 (and preferably above 20 or so)?

Okay, how come I'm sixth in our conference in the Defensive MVP standings?

4 forced fumbles. Apparently, in the MVP race, FF = gold.

Seriously, the guy right behind you has 7 sacks in 2 games. Unfortunately, we play him next. Shit.

Prayer worked, we had a great fucking game...comp was shit, but eh.

In other news, our punter appears to not want to log in these days. Anyone got one under Lvl 31 (and preferably above 20 or so)?

I have a level 22 Punter who's contract will run out at the end of the season.

http://goallineblitz.com/game/player.pl?player_id=990806

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Eight first downs. Five false starts. Five sacks allowed. I haven't looked deeply at the replay yet, but the line looks like it blew 18 kinds of ass in this game.

Kou and oldskool's LB's came up manly, though...well, except for each missing four tackles. <_<

So, yeah, gonna have to make a move here. Slogger, how far are you toward Elusive on the running style slider? TJ dances like fucking Baryshnikov rather than actually running. He's getting demoted for next game, so I can see if a bulldozing power back will work better. TJ'll still get reps, just not the start.

I've also made a couple of offers for free-agent OT's, as the guy we have at RT is roughly as mobile as an oak tree in a slight breeze. If it wasn't for him letting every speed-rush DE through to the backfield like there was a red carpet on the ground, our offense might actually get somewhere.

Just looking, the guy at RT has a terrible build. The guy mustn't have a clue, because his stamina is higher than his speed and agility combined. Pumping points into stamina and confidence are more often than not useless.

He seems concerned about never leaving the field, which would be fine if he was remotely capable on it. I should have made this kind of move long ago.

He's pretty fucking expensive to keep as a backup, so I may just go ahead and cut him if I get both offers accepted that I've sent out. Minimum trade for him is about $300K, which only an idiot would pay, looking at his build. Good news is that idiots are in great supply on GLB. :D He's already on the block.

In other news, SS and WR2 are seeing new starters for this game. Hopefully, we don't cough up this team's first win.

I've been wondering, though, how many people are actually looking into the tactics I post in the forum? Does everyone follow suggestions, or just say fuck it and do whatever they think might pad stats? Just wanting to make sure.

So, yeah, gonna have to make a move here. Slogger, how far are you toward Elusive on the running style slider? TJ dances like fucking Baryshnikov rather than actually running. He's getting demoted for next game, so I can see if a bulldozing power back will work better. TJ'll still get reps, just not the start.

I've also made a couple of offers for free-agent OT's, as the guy we have at RT is roughly as mobile as an oak tree in a slight breeze. If it wasn't for him letting every speed-rush DE through to the backfield like there was a red carpet on the ground, our offense might actually get somewhere.

You were right to tell me to change, The slider was on god damn 70, But It worked so well for me before, I never bothered to change it, Sorry Starr.

Thanks, fellas. Just making sure I'm not whistling in an empty room.

Anyway, we've got one of the OT's on board. 23 speed, 42 agility, so he should at least be some competition for the speedy ends we'll be facing.