Contemporary American rock.

Nerf

I actually have a question. Its not me trying to be a musical snob, or whatever, but I just don't get it. What is it about Nickelback and the other alt rockers that people like? I just don't... get it? To me, its just boring music that straight, white college guys listen to while drinking beer.

What is it about whatever bands you're into that you like? Not everyone feels or reacts the same way to stuff. A guitar riff that somebody loves might not do anything for you. To answer that question you're probably going to have to delve into biology and figure out what it is that controls humans' likes and dislikes, what makes people feel differently than others. There isn't some big secret to a certain genre that if you understand it, you'll automatically like it.

Yeah seriously. ADs right. That Girl Talk shit you posted like a year ago was an abominiation. I'd rather get a tattoo of Chad Krogers face, over the top of my face than ever have to listen to that again.

I never said the music was bad. I never even slighted it. I never said my music tastes were superior. I just asked what about the music people liked. I didn't mean it as "this music is so bad, how can anyone like it?" I meant it more like "I don't get this music so tell me why you like it so I can better understand it.". I've never gotten the appeal of it and don't really know any one who does like it. Obviously people like it for a reason, and they have every right to like whatever music they like. I just didn't know what that exact reason was.

Edited by PunkRockPete

To be fair. Nickelback are shite. :shifty:

I do quite like "Hollywood" though. And I don't dislike a lot of their songs. But I'd never particuarly go out of my way to hear them. But if like "This is How You Remind Me" or whatever comes on in a bar, I'd fucking sing-along. :shifty: And I own a copy of "Silver Side Up". >_<

To be fair...bands like this...and those 'heavier' ones like Breaking Benjamin/Three Days Grace etc. the whiney/mopey/bland American Alt-Rock types...it's just the 'genre' of music I cannot get into, and hate so god damn much.

And IAceI...shut up..."only internet go-ers hate Nickelback". (:shifty:).....I know a fuck load of people who hate Nickelback. I also know a few who like them, although most of them base their oppinion solely on their love of "Rockstar"....I do know a diehard fan...but he also likes penis.

Edited by YI